The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Appearing Rod (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

drkptrs1975
View Profile
Elite user
North Eastern PA
452 Posts

Profile of drkptrs1975
Who all here using the Appearing Rod, what Gospel Routine have you used in your act.
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
I love this effect. The Appearing Pole is what I think we are talking about.

I have used it to talk about that big things can come from small places... and Big Gifts can come from Small people.

I am using it this Sunday in a weird way... I am talking about John the Baptist, and his announcing the coming of the King. I have a small toilet paper role tube which I will use to talk about making a "Do-de-do." You know, you hold it to your mouth and say, "DOOO-- Deeee- Dooooh!" Announcing that someone is coming. However... this isn't grand enough to announce the coming of Jesus.

Sooo, I ordered on, I say. Pulling out an envelope. I will reach into the large envelope and make the pole appear. The kids are sitting down, so the exposed view will be on the top.

Holding it out, I use this now as the "Doo - Dee - Doo." Now that is one that is fit for a king!

Amazing how we didn't think this Doo - Dee - Doo could come out of this little envelope. And amazing how some didn't think the Son of God could be this little baby.

RevJohn
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Did this effect this Sunday, and it went off very well.

That evening we had a potluck, and parent came up and said that as they were cleaning the house, and one of their teenage boys (who is at that age that he is to cool to come down for the Children's sermon.. and because he isn't really a kid anymore) came out of the next room with a paper towel roll and when "Doo Dee doo."

Always nice when others listen in as well.

Just wanted to say that the routine went well, and it was well remembered.

Can't find anywhere in the instructions to use the appearing rod as a doo dee doo, but heck it works (grin).

RevJohn
drkptrs1975
View Profile
Elite user
North Eastern PA
452 Posts

Profile of drkptrs1975
Appearing Pole. I like it too. Have one, never really performed it for people.
phill
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
365 Posts

Profile of phill
John -
EXCELLENT presentation!

Thanks for sharing.

peace,
phill
Scripture, Sculptures & Surprises!
revlovejoy
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania
765 Posts

Profile of revlovejoy
John, seeing as how we on the Revised Common Lectionary get 2 weeks of John the Baptizer in the wilderness, I plan on borrowing this presentation this Sunday.

Thanks for the handling!
revlovejoy
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania
765 Posts

Profile of revlovejoy
I went to the local shop in search of an appearing pole, since until John's presentation was shared I had no use for one.....

Found something more expensive, but a really interesting "improvement." An appearing 8 foot soda straw. Looks exactly like a real soda straw, as opposed to many poles that do not look like wood. I found it pricey, but I haven't treated myself to a new prop in a long time. Can still use the type of patter progression as RevJohn's with a real straw, I'm even experimenting with making a whistle from a straw.
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Glad you could use it!

Funny... I found the appearing pole actually looks more like a paper towel role than an actual wooden pole. That is what made me think of it.

Would like to hear about how the straw comes about!

John
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Appearing Rod (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL