The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The November 2002 entrée: Dean Dill » » New moves with Dean's Box » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Sean Macfarlane
View Profile
Special user
754 Posts

Profile of Sean Macfarlane
Hi again Dean, when we met at the convention, you had demonstrated Dean's box quite a few times and every now and again.. I think, when you knew that some of the crowd owned the box and knew the inner workings... you threw in some sequences and moves that fooled the people in the know. My question is, how many new moves and sequences have you invented for your effect?
Dean Dill
View Profile
V.I.P.
248 Posts

Profile of Dean Dill
Sean, you have a very good memory my friend. I love it when the wise ones start to sort out the work on the box. I have created a few new things to throw of the people who think they have figured it. Not to say that once in a while someone will stumble across the method. I expect that once in a while. You know that old saying "You can't fool all of the people all of the time." It is true, but you can still take em down with some careful thought. That is where I come in. I love those situations. I thrive on them. So I have put together a few things that will send them away with absolutely no clue. I will publish those ideas soon. Plus many other clever ways to approach the situation. Stay tuned, Dean
fredreisz
View Profile
New user
Bluffton, SC
8 Posts

Profile of fredreisz
In using the wonderful Dean Dill box, I have wondered about further routining. Should one enhance the feeling that there is sone power in the box itself or focus exclusively on the penetrations of the objects put through the box? The economy of the routine is important. However, it would be possible to rig the transformation of an object placed in the box. The disappearance of an object, etc.

Mr. Dill, I have seen you perform this a lot at national meetings. Do you ever let observers actually hold and handle the box?
I am not sure what the advantages or disadvantages of that would be. It seems to me that keeping some distance enhances the mystery. It conveys that not just anyone should fool with this thing.

Does anyone have a "reason" why we would be carrying around something that looks like this?

Thanks for your thoughts. I love this effect and want to keep improving my own routining.

Peace...Fred Reisz
"The art of magic is the magic of art."
Dan LeFay
View Profile
Inner circle
Holland
1372 Posts

Profile of Dan LeFay
Trying to add more effects to the Box I toyed with that Tenyo(!) item where a spectator is asked to put a red cube in a transparent container and putting it on top of an inverted cup (all done without him seeing it, in the original trick it was done underneath a towel)...
When everything is revealed the container is empty and the red cube is found underneath the cup.
In my head it felt like a good idea letting the spectator do these handlings inside the box...
It did not work. The space in the box is to small to make handling easy and besides that the cheap plastic look from the Tenyo trick does not suit the exquisite craftmanship of the Box.
Still, the "Powers of Darkness" theme might fit in...somehow?!
"Things need not have happened to be true.
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths,
that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes,
and forgot."
Neil Gaiman
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The November 2002 entrée: Dean Dill » » New moves with Dean's Box » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.036668 seconds, requiring 20 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [6] [0] [2] [9] [1] [5] [9] [1]