The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The November 2002 entrée: Dean Dill » » Dean...Don't read this :-) » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jon Allen
View Profile
V.I.P.
England
1771 Posts

Profile of Jon Allen
One thing that has only been touched upon this week is the generousity that Dean shows to fellow magicians. While many top magicians may shy away from up and coming youngsters, as well as the enthusiastic amateur, Dean is there to give advice and encouragement.

During one of our 'all too brief' encounters in San Diego this summer, I was with Dean having a session with a group of guys on rubber bands and coins late one night. It seems that Dean is knowledgeable about *everything* and was happy to sit, watch and pass on his advice to all who asked. Not just help on how to do the tricks but also presentational and psychological tips and nuances which, as we know, is more invaluable to the worker.

While Dean is a fantastic magician, he is also a remarkable person who has time for everyone. When you do get to spend time with Dean, you get to see just how good a magician he is with his input that goes right down to the finest details.

If you EVER have the chance to meet Dean, don't pass up the opportunity!

Dean, I wish you could expand your business and open up a shop in England so that we (okay, I) could have the benefit of your experience and knowledge a bit more readily!

Jon
Creator of iconic magic that you will want to perform.
The Silent Treatment, The Pain Game, Paragon 3D, Double Back, Destination Box and more.
Available at www.onlinemagicshop.co.uk
Dan LeFay
View Profile
Inner circle
Holland
1371 Posts

Profile of Dan LeFay
Well that's a good point Jon. And if Dean finally makes the big leap across the ocean, why stop in the UK? Come to Holland as well!
"Things need not have happened to be true.
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths,
that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes,
and forgot."
Neil Gaiman
Dean Dill
View Profile
1947 - 2015
248 Posts

Profile of Dean Dill
Jon, that post went right to my heart. It is amazing to think that we as people really do make a difference in what we say and do. It is really amazing to hear what people really think. Sometimes we think we are invisible and that people will never notice the little things. They really do. Your note made me realize it more than ever. Thanks for sharing that my friend.

I also want you to know that your new effect
"Destination Box is wonderful" I am working on it and think it is probably the best card in box yet. I will know that for sure when I put a few miles on it. Thanks again for everything Jon.

Also I think that everyone should contact Jon Allen and find out further information about this new product.
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
I remember that late night session in the little restaurant while in San Diego, it was one of the few places all of us were able to gather together. Smile

I have to agree, Dean is a super great guy who always has time for others and is a genuine person inside and out. What you see is what you get with Dean. Thanks Dean. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5930 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Right on, gang.

I would like to add that, like his magic, there is SO MUCH MORE to Dean than meets the eye... or the first impression. I have come to discover that the very deep level of care and compassion that Dean displays for his magic and those who pass by his booth, is the same very deep level of care and compassion he, and his family, show for everything in their lives. They are truly inspirational people.

They truly know what life's magic is.

Tom
Dean Dill
View Profile
1947 - 2015
248 Posts

Profile of Dean Dill
Tom coming from you, this means something because I know that you tell it like it is. I know this because one time you reviewed my lecture. In San Francisco I think, you said that you were almost going to leave at halftime because nothing really hit you at that point. You said the second half was worth waiting for. To hear you express the truth about your feeling meant a lot to me at that time. It made me reconsider the way I approached my lectures. You actually helped me in the long run. Thanks for that. See, we do remember the facts don't we. Best to you always Tom, Dean
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5930 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Dean,

I can't believe you remember that review. I'm glad it was taken in the light intended and you were able to use that insight.

I am honored to hear this.

All the best to you as well, Dean.

Tom
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The November 2002 entrée: Dean Dill » » Dean...Don't read this :-) » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL