The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Parlour Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AcePalmer
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of AcePalmer
Could someone please give me the definition of Parlour Magic. For instance, what exactly is Parlour Magic? Thank you for your help.
negrette
View Profile
Regular user
Washington, DC
178 Posts

Profile of negrette
Here is a description of Parlour Magic as I know it. Think of it as a show that is a little more intimate than a stage show but bigger than a close-up show. So it is rather in-between a stage show and a close up show. You're not close up, where people are literally gathered around you in a semi-circle, but you're not necessarily up on a stage with a huge audience either. I hope this helps. Smile
Mallusionist definition of the Simple force: The cards are fanned and if the spectator tries to take the wrong card, the magician holds onto the deck really, really tight.
http://www.mallusionist.com
David Fletcher
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of David Fletcher
The Parlour of Prestidigtation at the Magic Castle is a 99 seat theatre. Basically, if you are not doing the big box stuff, you can be considered doing parlour.
I can do the same show for 10 as I do for 100. I adjust a few things for vision - eg. for the 3 1/2 clubs, the bigger the audience, the bigger the 3 1/2 clubs I use as a finish.
Try not to get caught up in this kind of terminology. My promo stuff says something like - audiences from 1 to 1000. (I also work large venues with other items in my repertoire.)
You have to give it away to keep it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Parlour Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL