The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » David Blaine's Book (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

CardSharp
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
105 Posts

Profile of CardSharp
Thats right David Blaine came out with his own book on October 29 2002. I know the post is a little late but I didn't see anyone else post about it. His book is titled "Mysterious Stranger: A Book Of Magic" This book has several chapters on the history of magic. It also tells about famous magicians and their impact on the world of magic. Blaine writes about his experience as a professional magician. Even whole chapters devoted to his most famous stunts (Premature burial, Frozen in time, and Vertigo)

NOTE:This is not a book of tricks! It does have a few cool tricks, but tricks is not the purpose of the book.

Hope this helps everyone. And I highly recomend this book to eveyone intrested in magic.

Click here to view attached image.
cardshark01
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of cardshark01
I also heard that he gives a clue that he has hidden 100,000 dollars somewhere.
CardSharp
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
105 Posts

Profile of CardSharp
Yeh there is a prize. I'm working on translating the hieroglyphics that are scattered throughout the book.
Magicman01462
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Magicman01462
its rto bad the hieroglyphics aren't correct, i can translate most of them, but they are jumbled

magicman01462
CardSharp
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
105 Posts

Profile of CardSharp
Thanks for that bit of info, Magicman. now I get to stop searching the web for hieroglyphics, and finish reading the book. I supose I'll have to look at some other little clues throughout the book. Now don't think I just got the book for the prize, It was actualy a gift.
Ron Joseph
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Ron Joseph
I would probably try to locate some illusions in his book for clues to his treasure. He has a few scattered throughout the book. Think magical for a solution.
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
The book is very good once you get past the treasure hunting idea. I too was thinking of trying for the hundred grand, but alas, my love for the art of magic and practicing the said art has prevented me from trying to take up hieroglyph deciphering as well. With all that said, a very good book indeed.

Kraft
do magic

www.8bom.net
tkuhns
View Profile
Regular user
Kirksville, Missouri
134 Posts

Profile of tkuhns
So I suppose the book itself is also a clever stunt...

How about the content? Does it break any new ground, or is it just a retelling of magicians we already know enough about?
Donny Orbit
View Profile
Special user
944 Posts

Profile of Donny Orbit
In my opinion no knew ground has been broken, but then again it might just be the retwelling of history and the magical way we magicians see things that make it interesting. Hopefully this book will lead the nonmagicians who pick it up into our small close knit magical world and the art can begin to expand before it falls into a slump.

Kraft
do magic

www.8bom.net
RandomEffects
View Profile
Veteran user
Boston, MA
323 Posts

Profile of RandomEffects
Once again my opinion on Blaine remians unchanged.

He is a "good" Magician with an incredible PR staff. However he has also brought magic back into the spotlight for Laypeople, and for thati thank him. However i never condone a magic special that is not live or taped live a it tends to make the same people thinks it is just tricks. ,,, ok so it is just tricks but they don't have to know that!!!

Another rant
Mat
Sergeant
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of Sergeant
Blaine's Book is a very interesting read. If you are new to magic you will be introduced to many colorful characters from the past like Malini and Titanic.

If you have been in magic for a while, it is a educational study of how to promote oneself. It is written in a very entertaining style that will keep your interest even if you have already heard the stories. Whether you like Blaine or not, the book teaches how to make magic interesting to the lay public.

I recently say a layman with the book and asked them what they thought. She thought the book was awesome and after some further discussion told me she was convinced that he had special gifts.

Now, will this book take the place of Royal Road to Card Magic? No. But that is not its purpose. It is for the lay public to further Blaine's character and interest them in magic, and that it accomplishes easily.

Sergeant
CardSharp
View Profile
Regular user
Philadelphia
105 Posts

Profile of CardSharp
Yes this is very true Sergeant. I have been preforming magic for several years and this book is still teaching me knew things that make me say "Now why didn't I think of that?!?"

One other thing I would like to say is that usualy the bad reviews about this book are from disapointed people who bought it online that thought this was an entire book of tricks.

Anyone who knew what the book would contain could say it was a letdown. BUT then there are the exceptions... Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » David Blaine's Book (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL