The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Best Packet tricks + kids packet tricks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
WhoDeanie
View Profile
Loyal user
211 Posts

Profile of WhoDeanie
I'd like suggestions on the best packet tricks. Plus, as like a sub-category on this, I'd like suggestions on the best packet tricks for kids. Thanks!
Magically yours,

Dean Burgess
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20488 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Hello Who Deanie,

Welcome to The Magic Café.

For young children, to me nothing beats Two Card Monte as a give-away. It's a trick that is hard to screw up. It is effective and it takes "real" magic cards.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

and Bubba Whodini
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com http://www.magicbysander.com/
JPL
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of JPL
Roy Walton's 'Cascade' is by far the best packet trick I know. Is "twisting the aces" a packet trick? That would be a close second.

cheers

JPL
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
The many Wild Card variations must be mentioned, especially Gypsy Curse. I'm also a big fan of NFW, Bicycle Built for Five and Presto Printo. For kids, you can't beat the old "Tree of Hearts" gag using an old-school 3 card monte gaff. I always get a laugh from the kids on that one. I made up a version of it using Sponge Bob playing cards.
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
Foucault
View Profile
Elite user
New Jersey, USA
424 Posts

Profile of Foucault
"Best" is always subjective, but I still think "Color Monte" is one of the best packet tricks ever. Although I haven't tried it, I've heard people say that as supplied, with the "diamond" cards, it's also effective for children.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
23749 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Sometimes I have the kid be the magician. I show them the top card of the deck, packet. I have them tap it. The top card changes. I act surprised as if they did it. I ask them how they did it. They don't know what to say as they smile. It makes them feel good inside. It changed because of the double lift or the Classic Palm was used. It will be better to do this with kids cards, for example: Mickey Mouse, Kid's Warrior Cards or Sponge Bob as Reis O'Brien mentioned above.
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
2034 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Favorite packet effects;
1 - Color Monte
2 - Cascade
3 - NFW
4 - Wild Card
5 - Eight Card Brainwave
6 - McDonalds 4 Ace Trick

For kids all the above except, Cascade & NFW
Rennie
The effect is the important thing, how you achieve it is not.......
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1180 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
For a double whammy packet trick, try Intuition and Out of the Blue by John Guastaferro. If you want a packet trick for kids, try Geoff Williams' Bear Hands. Kids love it and they participate in the magic.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10519 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Steve Dusheck has tons of business card effect for kids ..
vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1168 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Nick Trost's "Trick Cards."
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
JPL
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of JPL
I don't know NFW what is the trick/effect and where can I find it?
graywolf
View Profile
Special user
South carolina
631 Posts

Profile of graywolf
Flipped Out and Haunted House for kids..Cordially,Howard
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
2034 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Quote:
On 2006-01-19 08:14, JPL wrote:

I don't know NFW what is the trick/effect and where can I find it?

It is a great trick where you display 4 cards and they magically change to 4 different cards. I cannot tell you what NFW stands for though, you will have to find that out...I believe it is available at most magic shops, if not the inventor is a member of this forum.
Rennie
DomKabala
View Profile
Inner circle
I've grown old after diggin' holes for
2822 Posts

Profile of DomKabala
Quote:
On 2006-01-19 08:30, graywolf wrote:
Flipped Out and Haunted House for kids..Cordially,Howard
http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=23 click to watch the movie...
<<<KRaZy4kardz>>>
We don't stop playing when we grow old...we grow old when we stop playing.

God is enough, let go, let God. Gal 2:20

"Anything of value is not easily attained and those things which are easily attained are not of lasting value."

Smile Smile Smile Smile
Erdnase27
View Profile
Inner circle
2485 Posts

Profile of Erdnase27
Stickmen 4 from sanders
"He must be content to rank with the common herd." - S.W. Erdnase
Dirko
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
292 Posts

Profile of Dirko
Close's clones. You can't go wrong with this.
Rennie
View Profile
Inner circle
I think I have about
2034 Posts

Profile of Rennie
Quote:
On 2006-01-18 21:27, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Nick Trost's "Trick Cards."

Almost all of Nick Trost's packet effects are great. You may also want to check out Emerson / West..
Rennie
RichHead
View Profile
New user
93 Posts

Profile of RichHead
Try to get hold of the book "Small But Deadly" By Paul Hallas. It is a treatise on most of the established packet effects and passes useful opinions. Also a great read.
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1217 Posts

Profile of magicbern
There are two packet tricks suitale for kids according to my expereince: one is from MArk LEveridge called The Frog and Prince (I think that's the title) and another is Shennanigans from Aldo Columbini. The Aldo trick is best purchased from his website http://www.mammamiamagic.com bacause he has the newest version. If you buy it from the dealers sometimes its the older version where the card backs stick together and thus render the trick unworkable - it happened to me! MArk's trick can be purchased directly from him - http://www.markleveridge.co.uk

There are a few other packet tricks to be considered such as the trick Fariytale Frogs from Gustaferro's DVD Brainstorm as well as some of the Nick trost range put out by L & L.
sunnydolan
View Profile
Veteran user
Opelika, Alabama
343 Posts

Profile of sunnydolan
I like performing Tyler Corbins Chamelon Backs, its kind of a sucker effect at the beginning, and in the end it really fries the spectators.
An amatuer practices untill he gets it right, a professinal practices untill he can't get it wrong.

Don't wait for oppurtunity to knock, throw open the door, grab it by the throat and drag it inside kicking and screaming.

Magically yours
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » Best Packet tricks + kids packet tricks (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL