The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Top 10 tricks you really really want, but can't afford. (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14 [Next]
Houdiniemals
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Houdiniemals
Just out of curiosity: would you guys mind posting links to the Tricks you mention? Thanks Smile

For me it would be most of the Promystic stuff:

http://www.promystic.com/
reed kammerer
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of reed kammerer
Triangle by Dean Dill
Killertweety
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium (-Europe)
1894 Posts

Profile of Killertweety
Sea-Ling's True Love and Family Ties by Richard Gerlitz.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6559 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Flash Cotton:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S14826

You'll need an igniter. You can make one out of a BIC lighter. Not sure where to buy one today.

Wizard's Herb Chest:

http://www.wack-o-magic.com/herbchest.html

Call him first. This is the last one. EVER.

Abbott's Jap Box:

http://www.abbottmagic.com/Abbotts-Jap-Box-ABBjapbox.htm

Doug
Houdiniemals
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Houdiniemals
Dougini: If it will make your life better, I will gift you some flash cotton... Smile and even throw in a BIC lighter
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6559 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Houdiniemals, welcome to the Café! Smile

Thanks, man. Got all I need! Good stuff. The igniter is in great shape! The flint still has a LOT left! I'm good! Smile

Doug
Houdiniemals
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Houdiniemals
Thank you Dougini! Let me know if I can help out Smile
scenic effects
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of scenic effects
I've always dreamed of a Blaney Ladder Illusion! I also think it would be great to get a few of Chance Wolf's creations too especially the Hip Hop Hares and Chicken Sword. The Magellan Levitation would also be cool to own too.
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3261 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2015, Houdiniemals wrote:

Dougini: If it will make your life better, I will gift you some flash cotton... Smile and even throw in a BIC lighter

Houdiniemals, My life would be so much better if I owned a Labco Mindbuster Pocket $1,695.00 plus shipping Smile
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
indonesia
1943 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Talking skull from Fabrice and Cesaral Spirit Bell.
Creator of the "High Voltage Gimmick" and Shaman's spirit table
https://youtu.be/Rlgl4CzUa98

IG: @affordable_illusions_magic
Anverdi-museum
View Profile
Special user
885 Posts

Profile of Anverdi-museum
Collector's Workshop Super Nova...I can afford it but I will be in the dog house if I bought it.
balzar
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of balzar
Ghost - Professor BC
Astro Ball Cabinet - Milson Worth
Cups and Balls - Tayade
magic4545
View Profile
Inner circle
Jimmy Fingers
1163 Posts

Profile of magic4545
Quote:
On Mar 14, 2015, scenic effects wrote:
I've always dreamed of a Blaney Ladder Illusion! I also think it would be great to get a few of Chance Wolf's creations too especially the Hip Hop Hares and Chicken Sword. The Magellan Levitation would also be cool to own too.

It's funny that you mention these in the same post. When Walter saw me perform the Magellan levitation in Fort Worth several years ago, he was blown away. I asked him for an endorsement, and he declined. He said that if people knew about the Magellan levitation, he'd never sell any more of his.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4290 Posts

Profile of RNK
Still LOVE my Magellan Jimmy! And so does my audience!

RNK
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
1487 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Since I retired from the motion picture industry and am now teaching for living I have much less money to spend on magic than in the past (what I mostly buy now are BOOKS) and I've also reached an age where I think maybe I'm finally immune to the dreaded "gotta have it!" fever that hits whenever the "latest and greatest" thing comes along (although that still occasionally flares up in the dealers room !) , but here , in no particular order are my top 10 items that I can't afford at the moment:

Magic Page by Page - by Pat Page (book ; costs over $100 with shipping from the U.K. , but I WANT this book ... and such a bargain , knowing Patrick Page there's probably $10,000 worth of ideas contained in the book)

(Ok, speaking of Patrick Page , I'd like to be able to make up his "Easy Money" effect with real $100 bills !)

Alan Shaxon the Sophisticated Sorcerer - by Alan Shaxon (another must have book for me )

Greater Magic - by John Northern Hilliard , Kaufman & Greenberg reprinting , 1994 (missed buying this at the time and always regretted it. The occasional copy of the Kaufman & Greenberg edition that shows up for sale is usually in the $200 - $300 range ; just haven't been able to justify spending that much because I do have an older copy of Greater Magic )

VAPR - by Will Tsai
Thumb Tip Flash – by Marc Antoine
(these two utility items used as "special effects" to augment existing tricks )

Ghost Ring - by Joe Porper ( do I really "need" this to perform Linking Rings ? Well, the truth is no one "needs" it , but it's always intrigued me and I "want" it , so there. )

NewsFlash Torn & Restored Newspaper - by Axel Hecklau (looks like real magic)

Vanishing Bird Cage - made by Jim Riser (with the take-up reel)

and ... MORE BOOKS would round out my Top 10 list . I'm sure if I thought about it there are more individual tricks I WANT , but can't afford , such as big ticket items like Losander's "Floating Table" deluxe model, Blaney's "Step Ladder" Suspension and/or a Harbin "Chair Suspension" , "Through a One Inch Hole" by Jim Steinmeyer , an Owen "Sword Basket" , Dekolta "Vanishing Lady" , etc, ... Of course once it tips over to talking about performing illusions the other thing I can't afford is to hire and train an assistant or assistants ... So good books are the best value in the long run.

Alan Shaxon's book and Pat Page's book are my next purchases for sure.

wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1686 Posts

Profile of wally
Vanishing radio
Zee
View Profile
Regular user
Leonia, NJ
185 Posts

Profile of Zee
Silver Dollar Explosion set..... 2K+ Smile
johnsigdv
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of johnsigdv
Silver Oddesey I or II by CW. Nova is my ultimate. But like many others I would lose it in the divorce settlement!
radamwarner
View Profile
Regular user
Georgia
164 Posts

Profile of radamwarner
Magic Wagon's Zig-Zag card. So simple, so baffling.
Charles Gaff
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of Charles Gaff
Walking Liberty Lassen SCB set. About 325$
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Top 10 tricks you really really want, but can't afford. (12 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.38 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL