The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Victory Cubes Illusions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
For those who wish to add an illusion or decoration to their stage or produce a lady, look no further...the Victory Cubes is simply great...packs small, plays big illusion!

One word: GREAT!!!

US$295 Ea. set is worth every single penny. Do not confuse this with normal shades..this is a high end quality product. It comes with a nice bag, detailed DVD, cover & Certificate....the dice are huge, very neat! Smile

I have 2 pair - (4 dice) sets for trial, will be ordering another 4 pair-(8 dice) today.

It comes in a box of 6 pair (12 dice) those who wish to purchase in Bulk.

B. is a great guy, e-mail reply promptly & very detailed....you can't go wrong with his products!

The only problem I face is the folding & the twisted metal occasionally..this can be fixed easily, no big deal. Once you know the folding sequence, it is very simple...within a few second, you can pack one.

Great Job B Smile
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
I've been reading posts about this product, but nobody ever really says "why" this is such a great product. Wihout spilling the big secret (if there is one) how is this better than the traditional victory cartons? I mean, it's a fancy version, I understand that, but is there something more that I'm missing?

I just can't see spending that kind of money for the same trick I can do with cardboard boxes ...
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
Take a look at the video clip at creativemagic.org It shows a lot of different things being done with this prop. The best things is that it folds down to such a small package you can bring it to every performance and then decide whether or not to use it as set decoration.
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Yes, but a few pieces of cardboard can fold down pretty small, too. And let's face it, we rarely have the ideal conditions shown on that video.

I'm not trying to be difficult or critical, because I'm genuinely curious ... is there more to this than just looking nice? Because, in some ways, the innocent appearance of a cardboard box can actually strengthen the effect (just as David Copperfield used a cardobard box in his "Alcatraz" special to great effect.) Personally, I feel the cubes look a little cheesy and cheap, even for a "set decoration"; my daughter used to have play-huts and tunnels built like this when she was little, and that's what they remind me of.

So I'll ask again ... is there anything more to this that makes it worthy, and if so, what?
MikeDes
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal
1174 Posts

Profile of MikeDes
The fact that you can do the Victory Carton illusion with this is great but I think the real value of the prop is as a set decoration. It can really dress up a stage or make smaller shows seem much bigger. Being able to get props out of the dots and use them as a dump bag is fun too.

I think people like this prop because it can be used in a lot of ways, decoration, dumb bag, prop bag, ballon holder, illusion etc.

It's the whole package that gives it its value, not the fact that it can due the Victory Carton illusion.

But, just like everything else, it will not please everyone.
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
I have recently received the Victory Cubes (2 sets) and absolutely love them. To address the question of "Why is this better than a couple of cardboard boxes?", I make the following comments:

1. Professional Appearance- the Victory Cubes were originally designed as a professional stage prop that could pack small for easy transport. The quality of the materials and the size of the cubes is extremely eye catching and will literally make your show seem bigger than it is.

2. Quality of Material - The materials with which the Victory Cubes are constructed are such that they are designed to last a long, long time. From the framing of the cubes to the shell material, itself, these materials will last infinitely longer than your average cardboard box.

3. Versatility- These cubes are not restricted to just the Victory Cartons illusion. The Cubes make for a beautiful stage decoration, they can be used to hold many of your props, and they can be used for several different effects. Just the ability to stick you hand into the "dots" on the dice and pull out the various props you need in your show, is amazing in itself.

4. Victory Carton - The design of the Victory Cubes allows for a greater protection of angles whenever producing a girl from them. The gimmick is completely shielded from the front, top and sides.

5. Set-up/Take-down - For a stage illusion, this prop is incredibly quick and easy to set up and take down. Once practiced, it will literally only take a few seconds; and the compact size and case are such that they can easily be carried with you. They even qualify as carry-on luggage with the airlines.

6. Instructional DVD - The quality and detail of the instructional DVD are quite impressive. It gives you more than enough information to use and care for the product, as well as a large number of performance ideas.

7. Shipping - The shipping of these products is fast and efficient. In fact, the amount charged for shipping is often less than the actual cost. The manufacturer has simply elected to maintain consistency in its shipping rates and eat the difference. That, in itself, is a rarity these days.

Well there you have it. My two bits. It's not often that I will spend $400 on a product and not have any regrets or disappointments with it. But that's exactly the case here. The Victory Cubes live up to their billing!

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Thanks, Kent, that's what I was looking for. And, Mike, you are right, it cannot please everyone. I still cannot see the value, as I don't think they make a good stage deco and I already have a palce to keep my props, but at least now I have something to base my buying judgment upon.

Now, have you guys heard about this great project Rick Thomas is letting us in on? (Okay, I'm kidding!)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Victory Cubes Illusions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL