The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Final book test! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

papawemba
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Hello everybody,
I am new on this forum which I found very interesting! (Excuse my English, I'm from Belgium).
I am very curious about this Elian Agaian "Final Book Test".
Click Here! Do you know if it's good?

Thank's a lot
Nicolas
eric2104
View Profile
New user
saint-martin (French West Indies)
87 Posts

Profile of eric2104
Hi papawemba
Try a search in the Café for "book tests" and you'll get good advice regarding this demonstration (though not on the specific item you mention).

Best regards, Eric.
Smile
"All magic is mental"
Tony Shiels.
ThoughtThief
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of ThoughtThief
Nicolas -

The Final Booktest is a handly little gimmick that facilitates doing a
riffle/say "stop" force with a borrowed magazine or relatively slim paperback book.
You can pre-select the page to be forced or you can do it on the fly; or, if you prefer, you can do a blind force of a page(i.e., without knowing the page number or its contents) and then later peek the page.

You can do all of the above without a gimmick by purchasing Richard Busch's book "Peek Performances," which has superb non-gimmicked, impromptu methods and routines for this premise.

Another gimmicked approach you might consider is the Silver Bullet, which permits you to discern, after the fact but in real time if you wish, which page in a borrowed book the participant has perused.

Hope this helps.

TT
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Thanks a lot !
That's what I thought about the 'final book test', it is then possible to do it without gimmick, force the page and guess the word (1/2 chance but it is then free Smile )
Ok I know what not to buy (thank's)!!
I considered the silver bullet but the problem is that we can't find refill in Belgium (and I found it too expensive)

Thank's all for response
Nicolas
Harvey Nerzof
View Profile
Regular user
193 Posts

Profile of Harvey Nerzof
HN Review 57: Final Book Test – Elian Agaian

AD:

EFFECT: Riffle through any unprepared magazine or a regular soft bound book that was just given to you by a spectator. Ask him to call Stop whenever he wishes. Let him see and remember the first or last word on the desired page and you are now able to tell him the word he is thinking of, immediately!
* Use a Borrowed Book
* No Suspicious Moves
* Show Your Hands Empty
* Clever and Small Gimmick, the Audience Will Never Notice Its Existence
* No Preparations - Do It Anywhere, Anytime, Impromptu

REVIEW:

At first I thought this was one of my worst purchases in magic – the effect can easily be achieved with the same method and without any gimmick (see recent examples in Peek Performances): I doubt that any layman would ever notice the difference.

However, the “snap shut” sound and the hands-off moment can make a difference when performing for magicians or well-informed spectators.

Overall rating: acceptable

H.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4852 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I do love Richard Busch's "Peek Performances"
however, Final booktest is cleaner. I mean squeeky clean.

When I first opened the package I was really mad.
After a few trial runs, I loved it.

It's a little pricey, but that way, not everybody will buy one.

Easy to use, works everytime, clean as a whistle.

Two thumbs up!! Smile Smile

James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
adolphus
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of adolphus
This item and Silver Bullet Lite are comparably priced - any direct comparisons?
"Unlike the mere Conjuror, the Mentalist reaches into that space which a hat normally covers. And from there, he withdraws something more fleeting - and at times, far fuzzier - than any rabbit"
nimrod
View Profile
Special user
863 Posts

Profile of nimrod
This is a great device that I know some big names that don't depart with it. whats great about it is that its very practical (fits in your pocket and super easy to use). there are impromptu versions and they are fine, but if you want to work realy clean and with no flops get this.

Nimrod , Israel
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Final book test! (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL