The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Third Hand (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicFingers
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, FL
230 Posts

Profile of MagicFingers
Does anyone know where I can get the "arm" that attaches to a third hand? Let me try and be a little clearer - the "fake fingers" that you may attach to something (cloth, newspaper) to free up your real hand behind it...there is an arm of some sort that is attached to the fake hand and operated with the other hand to allow movement of both.

I hope that description is clearer than mud, and that someone out there can point me in the right direction!
Julian Bond
Musician / Magician
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Dollar Store - Radio or TV telescoping antenna. Works like a charm if the cloth is not too heavy. Idea from "Poltergeist" in The Wizards' Journal #6, working diagram available there.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
The GodFather
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of The GodFather
I don't think is not nesesary at all to have the 3rd hand move but anyway, you must find a metal thing like that ><><><><><><>< that can get big and small (means extend and shortens). At every conection there is a kind of scru conection. The whole mechanism works like scisures so when you open the scisor it extend and when you close it it shortens back. sorry for my pure descriptions but I did my best Smile
"My goal is to spread around happiness and entertainment, by erasing the illusion of time and live in eternity "

The GodFather Magician
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I don't use it anymore, but my scissoring device came from a yard sale wall lamp. If I still had it I'd give it to you. But is is long gone.

My hands came from a party store. I still use them in another bit.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
MagicFingers
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, FL
230 Posts

Profile of MagicFingers
You're very kind, Bob. I think I have found a solution to this - a piece of thin plexiglass or plastic 2.5 feet long and about 1 inch wide (imagine a 2.5 ft ruler). The fake hand is attached to one end, and the cloth. The ends of the plastic strip are attached to the cloth. Then, if I want to bring the hands together a little, I just bend the plastic strip. Release, and the hands move apart.

I'm still working on it!
Julian Bond
Musician / Magician
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Spellbinder, what do you think? You and I would be over budget already!

This guy is resourceful!

Good Luck Magic Fingers!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
MagicFingers
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, FL
230 Posts

Profile of MagicFingers
Thank you, Bob. You're most kind. I have spent my magical life dreaming up illusions that cost nothing to make! (Shameless plug: http://www.julianbondmusic.com - click on "Magic" and you'll see what I mean.)
Julian Bond
Musician / Magician
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Third Hand (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL