The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January 2006 entrée: Todd Karr » » S.H Sharpe » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cinemagician
View Profile
Inner circle
Phila Metro Area
1094 Posts

Profile of cinemagician
Todd, are there any plans to re-print Neo Magic Artistry or Art and Magic. These came out during a period of time when I had taken a break from magic. They are almost impossible to find, and I always get out-bid on eBay.

I like books on magic theory and I feel that I am certainly missing out because I can't seem to aquire these books. The olny material I have ever read of Sharpe's is from an issue of Genii which lists all of his articles and books.

It must have been something getting to read over all of his notes, articles and books when putting together the two volumes you worked on.

I just hope I can one day get my hands on them or anything by S.H. Sharpe.

I'd love to hear of anything about Sharpe For the sake of those of us who have not had a chance to read much about him.

Thanks - Mark
...The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity...

William Butler Yeats
Todd Karr
View Profile
V.I.P.
Los Angeles
152 Posts

Profile of Todd Karr
Hi, Mark. S. H. Sharpe was one amazing man. I always say he was like the Obi-Wan Kenobi of Magic (and he was indeed an old hermit whom you had to make a long journey to see and talk with). The good news is that Denny and Lee have plenty of copies of Art and Magic if you go to their site http://www.dennymagic.com. As for Neo-Magic Artistry, I hope you're able to consult the valuable thoughts within...keep watching the auctions, or perhaps connect with someone in your area who might have a copy you can read. No plans to reprint for now!
cinemagician
View Profile
Inner circle
Phila Metro Area
1094 Posts

Profile of cinemagician
Thanks Todd! I bet that you and your companions traveled single file in order to hide your numbers when you made your long journey! Smile I'll check Denny and Lee- Cinemagician
...The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity...

William Butler Yeats
Todd Karr
View Profile
V.I.P.
Los Angeles
152 Posts

Profile of Todd Karr
Yes, like Sandpeople. Single file is actually close to the truth. To get to Sam, you had to take a train to Hull, transfer to a little four-car train through the countryside to the seaside town of Bridlington, a really quaint trip.

Among those who hid their numbers were prominent names like Ricky Jay, Mike Caveney, and Vito Lupo.
cinemagician
View Profile
Inner circle
Phila Metro Area
1094 Posts

Profile of cinemagician
Wow! Really Cool. Thanks for sharing- Mark

William Butler Yeats
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January 2006 entrée: Todd Karr » » S.H Sharpe » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL