The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » I Wonder What They Would Say? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Just wondering here...I read a lot about the great Ramsay. I've seen him on vids, and great he was in his abilities and thinking. I was just wondering how the younger guys stack up in that way...I mean a Kanoi Harbottle(sp), Gary Kurtz(?), Tommy Wonder, a Geoff Lata, and even a Mickey Silver, etc...Most of these guys aren't just great coin manipulators but also real thinkers on how to get things done. I guess we might need about 30 years or so to be able to look back and do the same sort of appreciation that's extended to greats like Ramsay today. But I was just wondering as to technically who was the very best coin man of all, who gave the most to the craft, who was the best performer, who was the greatest teacher, and who was the most of all of the above, hey, and who was the greatest that didn't get his due???...These could all be very different coin magicians. I know what the guys of today think about a John Ramsay, etc., but I wonder sometimes what those guys would say if they could see some of these guys today do the things they learned from them and beyond. Interesting.
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Ramsey's eyes would bug out if he saw Kainoa and Mickey's magic. They are that good.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Buddy_815
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of Buddy_815
I think the greats of the past would really get a kick out of seeing how far some of their own ideas have evolved over the years since their passing. It truely is a growing art!

-Buddy
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
In all fairness they would probably look at what women are wearing today and take a break from magic for a little while... then come back to fool us badly the way they did long ago.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Buddy_815
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of Buddy_815
Ha ha, funny stuff Jonathan!

-Buddy
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
This is easy. Just like anyone with an opinion on anything... Ramsay would really like some stuff, think some stuff was okay, and think some stuff sucks.
Click to visit:
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Dan, you are almost right..he would love a little, like some and think that most sucks and he would be right theres a lot of really bad magic out there abd ramsey didn't create any of it

the classics are still teh best stuff...even though the blainiacs don't think so
koz
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Ramsay would say,

To Kainoa: "Aye, so you canna classic palm either, eh?"

To Mickey: "Come on, you can tell me--are ya gonna do that DVD thing or aren't ja?"

To Andrew Galloway: "What do ya mean ya published all my routines? How am I supposed to fool magicians if they all know how it's done?"
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Smile That's pretty funny Curtis. Smile

Speaking of Galloway, though a student most aware of all Ramsay's stuff, he didn't seem all that "good" particularly. If Kainoa couldn't get Ramsay, he'd get Galloway pretty easy enough I would think. Smile Might even have become a student of Kainoa. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » I Wonder What They Would Say? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL