The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The November 2002 entrée: Dean Dill » » Dean's Shoppe (Long Post) » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

martinkaplan
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
553 Posts

Profile of martinkaplan
Visiting Dean's Shoppe is just like going to an all you can eat buffet. There are so many wonderful things to choose from and you can always go back for more. Let me try and explain.

Dean's Shoppe is a barber shop. One can actually get a hair cut there and a darn good one, I hasten to add.

Dean's Shoppe is a magic store where you can buy any and all of the products that Dean sells. It is also the repository of Dean's video and print library and, if you need to do research, you will most likely find just what you are looking for.

Dean's Shoppe is a Photo Museum. Look on any wall and you will see the faces of most of those who have made a difference in the way magic has evolved. There are many shots of Vernon. You will also find Jennings, Skinner, Copperfield, Williamson, Carney and as an added treat photos of Johnny Carson sessioning with Dean.

Dean's Shoppe is a candy store. Walk into the back room and you will find the greatest assortment of food that has no redeeming nutritional value. There's candy, nuts, chips, crackers, cake, cookies and a never ending supply of soft drinks.

Dean's Shoppe is a mini Magic Castle. If you hang around long enough you will most likely see someone famous. In the 14 months the shop has been open I have met and talked with: Michael Weber, Jonathon Levitt, Tony Clark, Mark Wilson, John Carney, Reed McClintock, Mike Caveney, R Paul Wilson, John Gaughan, Doc Eason, Eric Mead, Whit Hayden, Gazzo, Billy McComb, David Regal, Tim Trono, Milt Larsen and Bob Kohler. The great part is the ability to ask questions and to see them work.

Dean's Shoppe is a school. You can go there and learn from the best. The best part is that the teacher always is different and there are times when you will find yourself in the role of teacher.

Dean's Shoppe is a clubhouse where you can catch up with friends and just shoot the breeze.

Dean's Shoppe is where you will find Dean Dill. I second all the nice things that people have to say about him. As we say in Yiddish, Dean Dill is a true "mensch." I like to think that our love for magic has a lot to do with the little child that is still within us all. Dean has kept his little child and has enrobed him in a strong set of moral values, a love for family a love for friends and a love for magic. He is very generous with his time and knowledge, but he will challenge you to think. He will time and time again show you that the real magic of an effect is what happens when the spectator and the performer interact. I am thankful to Monte Smith for a number of reasons, prime amomg them is that it was he who introduced me to Dean. The rest is history.
Dean Dill
View Profile
V.I.P.
248 Posts

Profile of Dean Dill
Thank you Marty from the bottom of my heart. You couldn't have said it better. I didn't realize that there was so much here. It takes people like you, who observe all of the fine details and can put it into the hearts and minds of us all. You are a part of the real Magic family of Dean's Shoppe. I am proud to call you my friend Marty. Dean Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The November 2002 entrée: Dean Dill » » Dean's Shoppe (Long Post) » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.044900 seconds, requiring 12 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [6] [5] [8] [9] [1] [1] [4] [5]