The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Criss Angel's needle swallowing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Leave it to the 12 year old to sum it up perfectly!!!!

BRAVO!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Say what you will, but all my brother-in-law would talk about for over a week was this needle trick.

Isn't that the kind of reaction for the layaudience that we would all like to get?

Tony
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Tony for every one of your brother in law there are a LOT of the 12 year old school of thought.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Danny:
My brother-in-law is of that group. My sister is polluting our gene pool!
Bad boy syndrome. Smile

Tony
NFox
View Profile
Inner circle
I Do Mentalism Now?!
1101 Posts

Profile of NFox
Wait, you can't REALLY swallow needles and pull them out of your belly button. Next you're going to tell me that sawing a woman in half and levitation is impossible.

Come on people, we specialize in creating impossibilities. That is our job...and what a great job it is. Needles from your belly button? Sounds pretty impossible to me.

Nick Fox
"Obscuring Reality"- Gone but not forgotten...

FoxIllusions.com
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
You have to draw the line between "obvious impossability" and "can it really happen?"
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
Anyone who applies the law of gravity in their mind knows that people can't really float and any doctor knows that you can't cut someone in half and put them back together without unwanted side effects.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Now you're just being nit-picky.
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Having watched Shreeash (sp?) blow away an entire roomful of magicians at Magic, Inc's Halloween party a few years ago with this effect (though he pulled the threaded needles out of a scar on his abdomen, just to make it even more bizarre), I can personally attest to the effectiveness of this effect from the standpoint of an audience member.

It WOWED the crowd, which was made up of both magicians and non-magi!

Just fyi, folks,

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Dolphin
View Profile
Regular user
Slovenia
171 Posts

Profile of Dolphin
Hi killermagic80,

here is site on which you can buy materials for special effects...
http://www.nimbacreations.co.uk/acatalog/

regards
ziga
late night diner
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of late night diner
I still think pulling the needles back out of the mouth is more believable than out the belly button.

I do like Criss's surefire method of "swallowing the needles" with the wine. That was Peachy Keene.
killermagic80
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of killermagic80
Thanks for your responses guys!
squando
View Profile
Elite user
444 Posts

Profile of squando
What are some classic texts for needle/ razor blade on thread effects?
Frank
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Talk about impossible! Did you see the one where he makes a signed coin vanish, then it visibly comes down his arm (under the skin!) and stops midway down his forearm.

He then CUTS his skin, and takes the SIGNED coin out...a bloody mess! My friend's wife was nauseated, and left the room...my friend and I laughed until WE were almost sick! We also like the lady pulled in half....ingenious!

I don't do "geek" magic, but I sure like watching Criss! His audience's reaction are priceless!!

Doug
mkiger
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of mkiger
Bruce Elliot's Classic Secrets of Magic has a Razor Blade version. My book says 1953. Do they even make double-edged razor blades any more?
ToasterofDoom
View Profile
Special user
671 Posts

Profile of ToasterofDoom
Double edged blades were made? What for? How could you even handle them?
mkiger
View Profile
Loyal user
228 Posts

Profile of mkiger
Quote:
On 2006-12-16 19:26, ToasterofDoom wrote:
Double edged blades were made? What for? How could you even handle them?

I assume you are old enough to be joking. I have an old sight gag of a double edged razor with an electric cord sticking out of the handle. Put the blade in the deck with spectator card, all in the box. Shake it up and dump out card and pieces of cards.

Actually, I think Berk Davis showed it to me when I was a pup, around 1976 or so.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Criss Angel's needle swallowing (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL