The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The February 2006 entrée: Peter Eggink » » Creating Effects » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jgravelle
View Profile
Loyal user
Milwaukee (Head shown not actual size)
270 Posts

Profile of jgravelle
A standard question for songwriters involves the order in the creation process: Catchy tune first, then lyrics? Or lyrics first, and then melody?

For magicians who create effects, the question becomes this: Do you come up with an effect first, and then the method? Or do methods tend to inspire effects?

Regards,

-jjg
Peter Eggink
View Profile
V.I.P.
Netherlands
399 Posts

Profile of Peter Eggink
Jgravelle,

Usually it starts with a "Dream" which would be the desired effect, and then I try to find the best method and handling I can. However, it also happens that I come up with a new sleight or method first and think: "Wow this would be a great way to switch a card" etc. and then create the actual effect around the method.

To come back on your question: Do methods inspire effects? yes, for me it does.
However, there's no specific order as for the creation process. I'm surprised each and everytime how things come together...

Thanks for your standard question Smile

Cheers,

Peter
https://www.deceptivedreamz.com/product-page/cash-card-by-armanujjaman-abir-peter-eggink

CA$H CARD -a brand new credit card to bill...and vice versa!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The February 2006 entrée: Peter Eggink » » Creating Effects » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL