The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Supreme Magic Co. (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
Hi Dave,
I think Bunny Tip Top is one of the items still available from the new company Magic Supreme, see previous posts for details.
Phillip
professorpopcorn
View Profile
New user
Taunton Somerset U.K.
79 Posts

Profile of professorpopcorn
The first prop I ever bought nearly 20 years ago was Supreme's Breakaway Wand. I've used it in every show since and it's still going strong. How's that for quality???

I also use regularly Norman's Elusive Rabbits (great for the right age group and timing), Bunny Tip Top, Man in the Moon and Humpty Dumpty.

The quality of Supreme's products was superb and as John Smetana said even their catalogue was a work of art.

Smile
When you're smilin'
When you're smilin'
The Whole World Smiles With You !!!
Tra-la-la
www.profpopcorn.co.uk
Huw Collingbourne
View Profile
Loyal user
Devon, UK
201 Posts

Profile of Huw Collingbourne
Quote:
On 2002-01-13 10:47, Peter Marucci wrote:
The address I have was:
Supreme Magic Co.
Supreme House
Bideford, Devon

Peter Marucci

Bideford? Oh no! Just when I find a magic shop near to me, it has to be one that's shut down!

(...but thank goodness for the Internet.)

Huw
majorshaw
View Profile
New user
Randy Shaw
73 Posts

Profile of majorshaw
Edwin didn't sell all the manufacturing rights to his ideas when he sold Supreme. He had some great ideas, like a Mickey Mouse silk and tray that he forgot to ask Disney for so it went off the market quickly.

I, too, love looking at the catalogs. Also have the last video he made selling his items. He loved children's magic. Maybe we should start a posting on his items.
R.Shaw

AIMC with Silver Star
professorpopcorn
View Profile
New user
Taunton Somerset U.K.
79 Posts

Profile of professorpopcorn
Let's not forget Edwin's greatest asset at Supreme, Ian Adair.

A great idea man, a prolific author of magic books and a nice bloke.

While many people can remember where they were when Kennedy was shot/Princess Diana died etc., I can remember that awful feeling I had when I realised that Supreme Magic was no longer there!!! Smile Smile
When you're smilin'
When you're smilin'
The Whole World Smiles With You !!!
Tra-la-la
www.profpopcorn.co.uk
The Bonnie Kids
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden (Västerås)
267 Posts

Profile of The Bonnie Kids
SUPREME - old tricks!

I am very happy that, finally, I found some information about the "old" Supreme company in Bideford. I have been out of magic for some years, but in the last months I tried again to get in contact with Supreme, Absolutely nothing was on the WEB, until "WWW:GOOGLE.COM" brought me here!

Later on I will write a little bit more about myself and the Bonnie Kids (we are talking about Rome, Italy, years 1985-1995) and their shows for kids ONLY.

I live in Sweden right now, and the other Bonnie Kids (my brother) is in the States, so I am Bonnie Kids-A (A stands for Andrea, my name). Since my son is now three years old, I have to start with magic again (very good), but I need your help:

All my SUPREME documentation has been stolen some years ago, I still have all my magic tricks, but the file with all the instructions and routines has vanished. Has somebody still, somewhere, instructions for 1985-1990 tricks? Is he willing to help me by making some copies and send them to me? If somebody can help me, I will go down to the cellar and make the list of Supreme items I have.

Thanks to any positive help and congratulations for the site!

/Andrea Bonetti
(Bonnie Kids-A)
Västerås
Sweden
bonetti@swipnet.se
Wallace
View Profile
Loyal user
Bangor, Northern Ireland
208 Posts

Profile of Wallace
If you post a list of the effects I'm sure some of us will be digging out the yellowing instructions! Smile
Wallace B
The Bonnie Kids
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden (Västerås)
267 Posts

Thanks!
Here is my wanted list, for the moment:

- Eddie's Ghosthouse
- The Prince and the Pumpkin
- Ice scream, I scream!
- The three little systers (this I really cannot perform anymore... there are 3 or 4 cards representing some girls; the girls were supposed to go to a party but they did not have the right dress; the magician was supposed to put a silk on each card and then I don't remember...)

I have some more tricks but they are still in Italy. I will bring them up this summer and I will revert to you.

Thanks for any help. I would like to point out that I am looking for the "original copies" of the instruction. Supreme did a very important part in my activity of magician, and I would like to "restore" my collection.

Who has taken the place of "Supreme" today? Are they on the Internet?

Thanks for any help

/Andrea Bonetti
Ray Haddad
View Profile
Regular user
Mansfield Center, Connecticut
151 Posts

Profile of Ray Haddad
Regarding Supreme Magic, didn't Martin Breese publish some of their books? I think a great deal of them are either still in print by Goodliffe Publications or at least still in stock.

I believe only a portion went to Magic Books By Post, not all.

Best,
Ray
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Ray, ALL the book stock went to Magic Books By Post. We are talking numerous trips made with vans full of stock to transfer it all, far more than Magic Books By Post had expected, many thousands of books and manuscripts.

A number of titles which have been re-published by L & L are STILL available cheaper from Magic Books By Post.

As far as I know Martin Breese published NONE of their books, he publishes his own line of books, and has been buying up old magazine rights for future publication or release on CD.

You may have thought this because of Pentagram being released on CD by Martin, but Supreme published "The New Pentagram" with Peter Warlock still compiling and editing, a later magazine. Many bound volumes of which are still obtainable from Magic Books By Post, and a good value buy.

Paul Hallas
http://www.PH-Marketing-magic.co.uk
The Bonnie Kids
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden (Västerås)
267 Posts

Hi Paul!
You mentioned a CD ROM of Supreme. Is it still possible to buy it?

What about the magazine ALAKAZAHM (or similar), is it still in existence?
/Andrea
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Quote:
you mentioned a CD ROM of Supreme. Is it still possible to buy it?

No I didn't. To clear up possible confusion, I remarked that the Pentagram CD put out by MARTIN BREESE had nothing to do with The New Pentagram published by Supreme, other than sharing editor Peter Warlock.

Speaking of whom, a book on Peter Warlock has been written by his daughter Elizabeth and should appear from Richard Kaufman eventually.

No, the magazine you mentioned no longer exists.

To get a taste of Supreme the best bet is to buy the Edwin Hooper books, which I believe can still be found.

Paul
http://www.PH-Marketing-magic.co.uk
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Andrea,
The magazine of Supreme was Magigram (Pentagram was a different publication) and it went out of business with Supreme. I used to write a column for Magigram. Your best bet might be to try to pick up back copies at a large magic shop.

cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com
Cheshire Cat
View Profile
Special user
Wilmslow, UK
941 Posts

Profile of Cheshire Cat
Just a few brief words on Supreme Magic. Edwin Hooper died of cancer in the early 1990s. He simply was a giant of the magical world. From his premises in the pictureque seaside town of Bideford, Devon, England, he ran probably one of the most prolific and professional magical manufacture and publishing businesses of all time. Much information about Edwin is already in this column. All we can add is the memory of Supreme Magic and dear Edwin is very precious to us.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Quote:
On 2002-08-05 06:11, Peter Marucci wrote:
Andrea,
The magazine of Supreme was Magigram (Pentagram was a different publication) and it went out of business with Supreme. I used to write a column for Magigram. Your best bet might be to try to pick up back copies at a large magic shop.

cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com

Martini told me recently that U.S.Toy still has plenty of bound volumes of The Magigram for sale. A wealth of information in there, all kinds of magic.

Paul.
martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
548 Posts

Profile of martini
To let everyone know, Phillip Klein at U.S. Toy in Leawood, Kansas, still has about 27 to 30 each of the bound volumes of Magicgram. If you really want a great collection of top material from some of the best in the business, I would strongly advise calling Phillip and getting as many of these bound volumes as you can afford to buy.
Marty
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Thanks for correcting me, Marty. It is not that I don't listen to you, but it was in the early hours of the morning HERE. Smile

I have edited my post accordingly.

There is even good card magic from Fabian (a young Aldo Colombini) in many of the late seventies issues.

Paul.
DonB!
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
170 Posts

Profile of DonB!
If you are interested in any of the Supreme Ganson Teach-In Series manuscripts, contact Twin Cities Magic & Costume in St. Paul. They have a truck load of almost all that were ever printed.

When you call, ask for Fred, as he'll help you find whichever ones you are looking for. He keeps them in his back room, so some of the other employees would have no idea what you are asking for. Smile

DonB!
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
In England, of course, Magic Books By Post have most of the Supreme published titles (including some that have been re-printed elsewhere, then sold at higher prices).
Paul.
DRPEPPER
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of DRPEPPER
Their company in midwest still has lots of old Supreme items including some cardboard hard to find items and some hard found wood items.

If anyone's interested I found catalogue, got name, address, if anyone's interested there are still a lot of items left.

Just email me,
Steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Supreme Magic Co. (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL