The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Supreme Magic Co. (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
shaky
View Profile
New user
Dorset, U.K.
79 Posts

Profile of shaky
Can anyone tell me what happened to the Supreme Magic Co. in England? Don’t know if it's the right forum or not but any info would be great. Smile
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
Hi,

it’s a long story, but to cut it short they went bust!

A company called Magic Supreme from Cardiff bought the props (and still sells them), and Magic Books by Post of Bristol bought all the publications (and also still sells them).

phillip
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Sorry, Supreme Magic closed their doors a few years back. You might still find a few of their items floating around Ebay, or hidden under a shelf at your local magic shop. Good luck!

Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
shaky
View Profile
New user
Dorset, U.K.
79 Posts

Profile of shaky
Thanks for the replies. What's the address for Supreme Magic? Smile
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Shaky,

The address I have was:

Supreme Magic Co.

Supreme House

Bideford, Devon

England

Sorry, don't know the postal code.

cheers,

Peter Marucci

showtimecol@aol.com
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
I think what he meant Peter, was the address for Magic Supreme, as the Supreme Magic address will get him nowhere. Magic Supreme does not have the same premises.

Perhaps Phillip has that address.

Nearly all the Supreme books are in stock by Magic Books by Post, including some titles L & L saw fit to republish and release at higher prices!?!?!?

Paul.
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Sorry. I was wondering... Smile

cheers,

Peter Marucci

showtimecol@aol.com
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
Hi,

The required address is:

Magic Supreme Ltd
The Old Mill,
Cae Glas road,
Rumney
Cardiff,
CF3 3JU
Wales
UK

Tel: +44 (0) 29 2036 3737

Fax: +44 (0) 29 2079 0590

phillip
shaky
View Profile
New user
Dorset, U.K.
79 Posts

Profile of shaky
I did type Magic Supreme, don't know what happened there. Thanks ever so much for all your answers. One more though, what's the best place to buy Magic from on the net?

Cheers

Paul Smile
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Well Shaky, I’m surprised every dealer didn’t jump to reply and shout "ME!"

It really depends what you are looking for, as some dealers specialize. I don’t think there really is a best one. You sound like you are looking to buy, but you really need to consider what sort of thing you are after specifically. I sell mostly close up and packet tricks (site address below), Mark Leveridge sells just his own stuff, but dealers like Hank Lee have a vast range covering all types of magic. There are several dealers that visit this forum; Peter Marucci is another you will see post here.

Paul Hallas
Joe
View Profile
Regular user
Sunny UK
139 Posts

Profile of Joe
Paul will you be at Blackpool and if so will you have a copy of Between Two Minds?
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Yes Joe, I have a stand at Blackpool and will probably have copies left if you come early. Smile

Have 3 copies of that and about 7 of the sequel, which has less content and is far more expensive.

Regards,

Paul.
asmayly
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, Texas
291 Posts

Profile of asmayly
Shakey,

There is a forum of the best magic dealers (mostly in terms of service/advice) called "Sweet and Sour" in "The dealers table" category.

AA
Joe
View Profile
Regular user
Sunny UK
139 Posts

Profile of Joe
Cheers Paul

I am there Friday PM onwards so I will seek you out.
majorshaw
View Profile
New user
Randy Shaw
73 Posts

Profile of majorshaw
One day we could talk about the Supreme Magic. Edwin had some great ideas, and now I see a lot of rip off's from his company, both (and that's another story) calling themselves new ideas. What an honest field we have. I have a few choice gems from Supreme.

Happen Magic
R.Shaw

AIMC with Silver Star
magiker
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden
283 Posts

Profile of magiker
I believe that sometime after leaving Supreme, Edwin started Edwin's Magic that was also in Bideford. I visited them about a year after Edwin died.

A great loss to magic.
Magiker

Believe in the possibility of the impossible
mr.t.ricks
View Profile
New user
CARDIFF SOUTH WALES
43 Posts

Profile of mr.t.ricks
After Edwin died, things started to go down hill and the company started to get into debt, something that Edwin would not have let happen.

But these things happen. Books by Post had all the books and I think they had all the videos too.

Paul Ashley had everything else and is trading as Magic Supreme in Cardiff. I think it's mail order only, his phone # is on one of the other listings and you can get a catalogue sent to you.

There is also talk of a web site.

good luck
mr.t.ricks Smile
regards to all

MR.T.RICKS
John Smetana
View Profile
???? - 2009
499 Posts

Profile of John Smetana
The thing I remember most about Supreme was their great catalogs. I just couldn't wait to get copies in my hands and spent hours and hours going through them. Great memories. I still have most of the catalogs from years ago.

Best thoughts,
John Smetana Smile
Quentin
View Profile
Inner circle
1020 Posts

Profile of Quentin
Edwin sold the Supreme Magic Co in 1986 to Paul Dupee and Brian Head. Shortly after Brian left and Paul ran it for a few years before selling to Barry Laymond.

A few years later Edwin did a lecture at a magic club. One of the new owners (I'm not sure who) said that he would not tolerate another magic dealer in Bideford. This so annoyed Edwin who hadn't intended selling anything anyway that he set up Edwin's Magic Arts.

Edwin was such a prolific inventor that he used different names on some of his products. He was a terrific character, a personal friend and is sadly missed.
davekilpatrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Syracuse, NY
295 Posts

Profile of davekilpatrick
I have the coolest die box from Supreme Magic. It is unlike any other of the many variations. You can actually show five sides of the die! You open the doors front and back.

I have performed their Bunny Tip Top (I think it was called). I've used it over 1,000 times (literally). The props are wearing out and I don't know what I'm going to do when I can't use them because I use it to close my kids show.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Supreme Magic Co. (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL