The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Clowning around » » Pocket Power... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Pianoman
View Profile
Veteran user
Lliving in Scotland.
345 Posts

Profile of The Pianoman
Hi all, This is a question regarding pockets.
I bought a lovely old clown 3/4 length jacket a while back and its fantastic, made of heavey duty material. The one thing that it does not have is pockets.
After looking at my trousers, shirt etc I do not have a small pocket anywhere.
I would like to have quite a few small pockets for balloons, cards, coins, silks etc . these could be spread out over my shirt, trousers and jacket.
There is a good seemstress here in town who could probably help but I am not sure how to go.
During my act I fall over, jump around etc and normal pockets would empty immediatley, so what s needed are pockets that an be securely lose but easily opened when the time is right.
What is the general concenous regarding this matter?... zips, velrco, buttons,

Your thoughts gentle folk?

Regards Alan
mtso2000
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of mtso2000
VELRCO WOULD APPEAR TO BE THE EASY TO DEALS WITH. ZIPS AND BUTTONS WOULD TAKE TOO LONG
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Alan, I would consider either thin strips of Velcro (Thinner = Easier to open one handed), small Velcro buttons or possibly low-power magnets. Buttons & zippers would be an issue for quick, single-handed access. If your seamstress is capable, consider inserting these flexing & self opening & closing metal strips...such as you find on older coin purses. These would also give you a magnet-friendly surface for any magneic coin gaffs or gimmicks you may employ.

Just a few thoughts to guide your quest.

Skip
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Most of the pockets on my clown costume do not have buttons or anything to close them. They are deep enough and sewn in a way that they remain 'open' at the top and work fine. I have several that are like a back "pants pocket" only larger, and I have some dividers sewn in some of them. I also have some small pockets within the large front pockets that will seperatly hold coins and/or other smaller items. I even had a wand pocket sewn in one leg. It looks like it's about 2" long but will hold a 14" (or longer) magic wand.

Regan
Mister Mystery
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Clowning around » » Pocket Power... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL