The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Bizarremagic.net (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Dan Mindo
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
125 Posts

Profile of Dan Mindo
As of Monday March 6th the Lobby at Bizarremagic.net will only be available to registered users. We seem to get quite a few lurkers. This will not force people to contribute but at least they will be in a position to do so.

For those of you who have not checked out the site please do so. Bizarremagic.net is a web site completely devoted to Bizarre Magick. At this time we have a forum which is growing (currently over 2700 posts). We have a private forum called the Lounge where we can openly share ideas and describe effects and methods. Access to this forum is restricted. We will be adding more content to the site as time allows. My schedule has been a disaster of late so I am behind on some of the content I want to provide.

Best to all,
Dan Mindo
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
YES!!! Lurkers get away get away!!! Smile
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Hi Dan...I just tried to get in and I'll be a hooter on a bimbo but I can't remember the password. I only have about 150 commited to memory...any way the retrieval of passwords wouldn't accept the email either so I'v no clue what I could have used. Can you email me please with my specs?

Thanks
Higley
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Nevermind...I remembered it! What a brain!

geeesh.
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
Maybe you were just wearing one cup size too small on your head ? lol
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
LMFAO! Smile

you better be quiet 'fore Highley makes YOU into a "Zibit" Smile
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Gede: You better spell HIGLEY right or....
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
LOL.. (runs away)
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1941 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
Just to point out that something has changed...

Everytime I go to the site now, it has me NOT logged in and I have to remember to click the log in link. It knows my name and password still, I don't have to enter it, but now it makes me click the link.

Perhaps this is why there appear to be more lurkers?

Speaking of passwords Doug, I just got a great idea for a place to hide passwords. Perhaps you could make a particularly hideous 'zibit for the computer desk that no one would dare touch. Except for the 'zibit owner, you crack open the gory thing and retrieve those passwords you are too afraid to leave on postit notes stuck to your screen. Smile

Of course the people at work might tag you as some psycho about to go postal and some agency with 3 letters comes in the middle of the night and hauls you off to a concrete "warehouse" to get to know you better. Not that I would know from personal experience but maybe it's not such a good idea.
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
Dan Mindo
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
125 Posts

Profile of Dan Mindo
Clifford, I am not sure why this is happening to you. I checked your status and everything is fine. I only have this problem when I access the site with my handheld. Have you changed computers lately?

If anyone else is having this problem please let me know.

Best,
Dan Mindo
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1941 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
Quote:
On 2006-03-06 11:15, Dan Mindo wrote:
Clifford, I am not sure why this is happening to you. I checked your status and everything is fine. I only have this problem when I access the site with my handheld. Have you changed computers lately?

If anyone else is having this problem please let me know.

Best,
Dan Mindo

Nope, I haven't changed anything that I can think of.
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
I had problems when I tried to go through AOL. I don't know if this applies to your case, but maybe it will suggest a solution.
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
balzar
View Profile
Loyal user
207 Posts

Profile of balzar
I'm not sure if the moderator of Bizarremagic.net is monitoring this thread, but I have tried to join that board with no success.
Maybe I'm not the right type - after all, as Groucho Marx observed, I wouldn't want to belong to a club that would have me as a member.
However, if this is just an administrative hiccup, and if indeed I can join the board, perhaps someone could help me do so.

Thanks,
Delimbeau
View Profile
Special user
May the magic be with you
596 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
Hi Balzar, I’ve also tried several times without any success...
Scott Douglas
View Profile
New user
Florida
82 Posts

Profile of Scott Douglas
I'm not an administrator or moderator or anything, but I post there and maybe I can help.

What exactly are y'all having trouble with when you try to join?
Dark Foundry | Magic Creations
www.darkfoundry.com

Labyrinth 1616 | Mind Reading Book from the 17th Century
http://www.darkfoundry.com/labyrinth/
balzar
View Profile
Loyal user
207 Posts

Profile of balzar
It's very good of you to offer to help.
I filled out the fields, name, email, etc. and I believe there may have been a couple of test questions (I may be getting my sites confused).
I expected something in my inbox by way of confirmation, but received nothing. I have tried to re-enter the info on the site, but am told that someone already has that email, etc. (Me, I presume)
I can't find an admin email or link on the site, so there seems no way to bring this to the administrator's attention.
It is all a little Bizarre...
Scott Douglas
View Profile
New user
Florida
82 Posts

Profile of Scott Douglas
David Parr is the active administrator on the forums, I imagine he will see this thread shortly.

Have you checked your spam folder/filter on the e-mail account you used to sign up? Usually if you don't get some kind of immediate e-mail confirmation about registering it's because your e-mail may have filtered it out as spam for whatever reason, so the confirmation might be hiding in a different folder.

From what I recall when I signed up, I got a confirmation e-mail and in that e-mail it said my account would be 'inactive' until approved and within a day David had approved me and another e-mail was sent confirming this.
Dark Foundry | Magic Creations
www.darkfoundry.com

Labyrinth 1616 | Mind Reading Book from the 17th Century
http://www.darkfoundry.com/labyrinth/
balzar
View Profile
Loyal user
207 Posts

Profile of balzar
Thank you again for showing an interest.
I did check my spam folder, but I may nonetheless have missed an email.
The blow is somewhat lessened by the fact the same fate seems to have befallen Delimbeau, so I am in excellent company.
I had not realized that David Parr was the administrator. Given that, I suspect the matter will resolve itself in due course as you suggest.
Matthew St. Cyr
View Profile
Special user
The Dark Woods of New England
793 Posts

Profile of Matthew St. Cyr
I just logged in with no problem.....
The Wonder Lies In The Dark Between The Stars. . .
Delimbeau
View Profile
Special user
May the magic be with you
596 Posts

Profile of Delimbeau
Thanks guys. I registered in May and got the message: "Your account is currently inactive, the administrator of the board will need to activate it before you can log in. You will receive another e-mail
when this has occurred."

Nothing happened. I sent the administrator an email in June, without response.

Now my username is in use (so I can't reregister), but the account still needs to be activated.

@Matthew: I assume you registered before? I guess for registered users logging on is no problem, only for new not-activated user-accounts?

I also still would like to enter the forum to see what is going on there.

Regards, Luc
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Bizarremagic.net (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL