The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Bicycle red vs. bicycle blue (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I just can't decide....
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
T. Joseph O'Malley
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1937 Posts

Profile of T. Joseph O'Malley
If you'd go back and read "The Difcoverie of Witchcraft", you'd find the answer there. Or "Hocuf Pocuf Junior".
tjo'
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
The song title,
You Make My Blue Eyes Red.
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
It's a tough one Frank!
FredNarlo
View Profile
Loyal user
Been waiting for John Dough for the last
282 Posts

Profile of FredNarlo
I prefer red for the simple fact I like a black close-up pad. I want there to be some visual contrast and red on black is not too much but not as camoflauged as blue on black. I also so several routines which start off with certain color cards and I again want a contrast. Example, I regularly perform John Bannon's "Play It Straight". Since the cards that show up only face up at the end is predetermined from the beginning of the trick, I will always use the color cards that is "opposite" of the color mat I use. It may be a little thing, but it is what I do and it helps me decide.
Marco S.
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of Marco S.
Both of course.
molsen
View Profile
Special user
Copenhagen
552 Posts

Profile of molsen
I always carry one of each in my pocket. Somehow it just feels right with blue sometimes and with red other times. I never really thought about it until you asked, but when I imagine a magician doing card tricks, I visualise red backed cards.

When doing Olrams Subtlety I try to show all blue backed cards with the selection being red. Red is a stronger colour mentally, so it is remembered better. (I do this by carefully selecting the values of the cards when I do the set-up, then I ask the spec. to choose a card while they are face-up, and on the second selection I have them select a number to count to. I don't know if that is the standard handling or not).

Having thought a bit more about it, for palming and on the table work I prefer red, for in the hands work blue seems a better contrast.

*clink* *clink* - That's my two cents worth.

Michael
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
They see you better at night if you ride a red bicycle.... Smile ..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
monark
View Profile
Regular user
Southern IN
162 Posts

Profile of monark
I don't know, blue is my favorite color, but I've always liked red backed decks better for some reason... They just look better to me.
EvanTheMagicMan
View Profile
Regular user
109 Posts

Profile of EvanTheMagicMan
Blue and red.... hmmm... I can't decide between them. Blue I use most often but I use red too, Helk, they are both good colors I have 1 red and 1 blue with me every time I am out.
Jonathan P.
View Profile
Inner circle
Belgium
1484 Posts

Profile of Jonathan P.
I heard (classic, riffle) passes are more invisible with red decks, and that red cards are more invisible when palmed if you happen to have windows between your fingers.
I really don't know why, but I always use blue decks...
Go figure!
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Frank, I'm surprised that you'd ask that question given that all of the professionals use the Black-Tiger-Lion-Leopard-Cheetah-Viper-Snake-Ghost cards, so the only question is, black on white or white on black?
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1438 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
I like both. blue looks more bautiful, red is more practical for contrasts and palming and so on.
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
T. Joseph O'Malley
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1937 Posts

Profile of T. Joseph O'Malley
Quote:
On 2006-03-05 09:26, Larry Davidson wrote:
Frank, I'm surprised that you'd ask that question given that all of the professionals use the Black-Tiger-Lion-Leopard-Cheetah-Viper-Snake-Ghost cards, so the only question is, black on white or white on black?

THEY HAVE CHEETAHS NOW?!?!?! WhERe'S mY CREdDIT CARD!!!!
tjo'
Lofty
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
128 Posts

Profile of Lofty
I personally use both (I buy the 2 pack from walmart).
I prefer blue for full deck tricks, red hot mama, but I like red for signing cards(ambitious) and red for t&r tricks.

Something I was told...

Red is a warm inviting colour
Blue is a cool (almost cold) colour
psycholgicy people perfer warm colours.

Lofty
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I use blue for practice and red for performance. Sometimes, the color of my clothing choice and close-up pad will affect the color of my deck also.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
I use both. I personnally like the look of blue card backs better asthetically, but the red does contrast more against black. Of course, for certain effects, the decision is made for you because you have to use blue if the gaff card has a blue back.
B. Robert Pulver

The "I Hate Card Tricks!" Book of Card Tricks Vol. 1, 2, and 3
Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
magicbob116@yahoo.com
Zazz
View Profile
Veteran user
California
315 Posts

Profile of Zazz
I prefer red cards to perform except if I am doing a color change, then I'll use a blue deck and have the red card pop.
JackScratch
View Profile
Inner circle
2151 Posts

Profile of JackScratch
I color coordinate with the outfit I will be wearing. If I will be wearing mostly dark clothing (Tux, suit, etc) I use a red deck. Thje contrast makes the cards easier for my audience to watch. As such, in professional settings I most often use red. I also buy the big split packs of bycycles from SAMs. Since I use reds most often, I use blue packs for daily use.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Red all the way. I won't even watch a video that tecahes with blue cards. How weird is that!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Bicycle red vs. bicycle blue (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL