The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The March 2006 entrée: Tim Ellis & Sue-Anne Webster » » Soda Resurrection Video » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1234 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Okay guys, we've succumbed to the pressure. You can now see our version of the Can Trick here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JppijkuVfdk

Enjoy it, but please don't copy it. The whole toast, bottle, straw bit is a little sequence that took ages to get right and we'd like to keep that one our own.
Bosco J.
View Profile
Elite user
New York
462 Posts

Profile of Bosco J.
Tim,

The whole routine was very entertaining! Thanks for sharing that rare performance video with us!

You must have been under a bit of "pressure" (pun intended Smile) to time that sequence for the actual soda to "resurrect" properly (those that own Anders Moden's Healed and Seal will understand my concern).

I once performed the "resurrection" for my Pastor's triplets' childrens' birthday party in which it almost flopped.

I was "Hallelu" the hobo in a back alley type set with the "damage" soda by my trash can. While rummaging through the trash for "goodies" during the beginning sequence of the show, I'd pick up the soda and begin the resurrection. Even though not much time had elapsed, I was only able to semi-resurrect the soda. It made for a good joke but was disappointed that it fail to bring the "killer" result it deserves.

Have you ever had that part of the routine "fail" on you?

Bosco
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Bonzer there mate!

Now, where did I put my Neilson Bottle....

Just kidding, but I now have an idea about a presentation that I'll PM you about later!
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
Very nice! Enjoyed that!
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1234 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Bosco - there is a LOT more to the trick than Anders manuscript speaks about (no offence to Anders at all, as I'm sure he'll include more info on the DVD). At our lectures Sue-Anne gave a 20-30 minute workshop on the trick for those who purchased the notes.

We did it that way because we figured:

1 - The trick was too good to just give a brief explanation in the lecture.
2 - Not everyone who attends lectures will actually do all of the tricks, we wanted to ONLY teach it to those who intended to perform it, and we wanted to teach it properly.

The problem you are referring to most likely occurred because of your choice of beverage. Smile
Jonathan Kelly
View Profile
Regular user
Waterford, Ireland
156 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Kelly
Tim, I must say I'm blown away by your performance of this trick. Just watched it with my brother (actually I showed him all of your videos on Youtube, think he's now your biggest fan!) and his jaw was hitting the floor. I do this trick everyso often but haven't done it for him before. Don't think he'll be too impressed after seeing yours first!

I love how you downplay the actual restoring of the can as a necessity to doing your next effect as opposed to being the actual effect. There's a lot to be learned from great presentation like this. Thanks for posting the video.

P.S. Don't worry, I wouldn't dream of copying you presentation. If anything watching it makes we want to take you up on your 24 Years special offer. Now to consult my monthly magic budget.......Smile
"But where did the lighter fluid come from?"
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1234 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Johnny, you make me glad we decided to post it. Not because of a potential DVD sale Smile but because you've immediately understood the point of the entire trick! Thanks so much for the feedback!
Jonathan Kelly
View Profile
Regular user
Waterford, Ireland
156 Posts

Confirmed DVD sale. Smile

Just took you up on the Magic Café special offer. I've sent you an email too so you might sign a few things for me. Smile
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1234 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
No worries mate!

We have a public holiday in Melbourne on Monday (that'll still be Sunday here in the Café) but we'll be posting all the DVDs out Tuesday morning!
Jonathan Kelly
View Profile
Regular user
Waterford, Ireland
156 Posts

I know all about the public holiday. Our colleagues in our Syndey lab are cursing our bosses as they have to work that day! I'm working on St. Patricks Day too. That just shouldn't be allowed.

No worries about posting, take it easy. Life's too short to stress about such minor things!

Out of interest though have you any idea how long postage takes to get from Australia to Ireland? Don't think I've evered ordered anything from that far before.
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1234 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
We allow about a week for anything we post to get anywhere (even the next suburb!)
Chris Becker
View Profile
Veteran user
New York, NY
371 Posts

Profile of Chris Becker
Very good! Very entertaining! I almost forgot how much I enjoyed this routine (and Runaround Sue). Thanks for sharing these videos.

Good night (yuck! I have my bar ethics exam tomorrow ...)

-Christof
- - -
<BR>Cards don't cheat people. People cheat people.
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1234 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Bar ethics are very important!

It's essential that you know when it's your turn to shout or there can be very serious consequences.

I almost failed mine because I didn't know the difference between being 'spiffed' and 'spiflicated'.

And don't confuse your 'longnecks' with your 'schooners'.

GOOD LUCK!
RC4MAG
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

Profile of RC4MAG
Isn't this video clip also on one of your DVDs?

By the way--- Those three DVDs you put out are absolutely terriffic!
definately one of the best buys in magic.
tlfdoc
View Profile
New user
Appleton, WI
27 Posts

Profile of tlfdoc
Having trouble viewing the video, and based on the comments above I'm certainly looking forward to it. Has anyone else had trouble with the YouTube site and downloading or watching videos?
Chris Becker
View Profile
Veteran user
New York, NY
371 Posts

Profile of Chris Becker
Tim, you are a lawyer?
- - -
<BR>Cards don't cheat people. People cheat people.
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1234 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Lawyer????

Oh, sorry, I was thinking of another kind of bar....
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1234 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
RC4MAG - Yep. That clip is from '24 Years of Living Next Door to Ellis'

TLFDOC - According to Brendan sometimes You Tube can be slow to download from. I'm sure he'll pop in to this thread and explain it... it's all beyond me...
IT Magic
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
113 Posts

Profile of IT Magic
Youtube is like any other server and slows down when it gets really busy. We have created a bit of a stir about these vids and I think they are being downloaded ALOT at the moment. Nothing you can do but try again, the clips are between 40 and about 60 meg so they are not small and will take a while to download.

Brendan
A Dept on my Own
Magic, Illusion and Data Management
www.stardockmagi.blogspot.com

I picture a world of love and peace, a world without war where people live together in harmony.
I also picture us attacking that world 'cause they just wouldn't expect it
tlfdoc
View Profile
New user
Appleton, WI
27 Posts

Profile of tlfdoc
Thanks Brendan, you were right. I was able to view the video after being patient. Tim, it is a great routine!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The March 2006 entrée: Tim Ellis & Sue-Anne Webster » » Soda Resurrection Video » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL