The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The March 2006 entrée: Tim Ellis & Sue-Anne Webster » » D' Cups And D'Balls » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
911 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
Tim,

I just wanted to thank you for the laugh. When I saw this, I just smiled.

Do you ever perform this for laymen?

Ron
My story-deck routine, Apologies to Dickens.: http://youtu.be/mddPgWE_Lps
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1222 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
Strangely enough.... no.

Personally, I don't think it came across on the DVD nearly as well as it did live, but from the feedback I've heard, people really seem to be getting a kick out of it!

I did it first at the Milwaukee SAM, just a gag to "set the mood" for 'Runaround Sue' and theme my routine for the Close-Up Show. It went over waaaaay better than I expected!

Eventually I did it a FFFF and who should be in the audience but ROCCO!

Thank goodness he had a sense of humour! He came back afterwards and said he loved it (I'm sure he sold a few extra D'Lites that day too Smile )

The last time I did it was when we were guests at the New Zealand Magic Convention, along with Michael Ammar. Again, Michael's got a great sense of humour too and he didn't make any serious attempt to kill me at all.

Aussies have a tradition of doing parodies, but it really is considered a sign of respect. For awhile we used to close every National Australian Convention with a parody show where various performers would come out and send up the acts of others or have make references to things that happened during the convention. Lots of fun!
IT Magic
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
113 Posts

Profile of IT Magic
Is that on the 24 years dvd?
Magic, Illusion and Data Management
www.stardockmagi.blogspot.com

I picture a world of love and peace, a world without war where people live together in harmony.
I also picture us attacking that world 'cause they just wouldn't expect it
Sue-Anne Webster
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
97 Posts

Profile of Sue-Anne Webster
It's on Runaround Sue.

And yes - it's MUCH better live!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The March 2006 entrée: Tim Ellis & Sue-Anne Webster » » D' Cups And D'Balls » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL