The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Duality- Gary Jones (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
After placing a deck of cards on the table the Magician asks a spectator to THINK of both a number between 1-52 and any one of the 52 playing cards in a deck but not say anything yet! Then in full view writes two predictions on the reverse of his business card, a number and a playing card… Only now does the spectator tell him what number and card they were thinking of and these are then written under the magicians predictions. Taking the deck of cards, the magician explains that on the backs of the cards are written the numbers 1-52 in a random order. He now searches through the faces of the cards and removes the spectator's thought of card, turning the deck over and searching through the backs, he then finds the card with the spectator's thought of number on it. On the reverse of the spectators thought of card is the number the magician predicted. And on the face of the card with the thought of number is the very playing card he predicted.

Remember…
Only one deck is used - which is on view BEFORE the trick commences.
The Predictions are made BEFORE the spectator says anything!
No Sleights, no Forcing, no Rough & Smooth
And it instantly resets

Well, what to say... This is one of the best tricks you will see released this year. Available at http://www.topsecretmagic.co.uk , Gary has created here a fantastic trick! When I first saw Gary bring this into the Magic Shop, it fooled me badly, and he knew it! Though, as with most of Garys work, its all very visual and magical looking, and those of you that know Gary know how good and clever he really is. This is a true worker and has been in my reportoire ever since Gary showed me the works on it. He has a few other effects being released soon, to which I'm telling now, you should look out for them. I was lucky to be able to help in the production of this beautiful effect, and will continue to use it. A true workers trick, and I do know Gary has sold a lot of them himself. There aren't that many decks left in the shop, I know as I put the decks together. The instructions are very clear and precise and a great cover has been made for it. I cant wait for Garys next release, as, well...i don't have to say it, he fooled me again with this, and he fooled a lot of people at the Session Convention with it as well.

All in all, a great trick and well worth the price. 9/10
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Is this not just a variation of Trilogy? Does sound good though.

Is the effect on Bicycle stock?

Do you not accept paypal on your site? This is the only method I use now. I like this effect, even though it is similar to Trilogy.
fvdbeek
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of fvdbeek
At least the title sounds like Trilogy...

Frans
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Well spotted Frans, I missed that LOL

Can the effect be repeated? unlike Trilogy.
shoexboy
View Profile
New user
Taiwan
89 Posts

Profile of shoexboy
Is that have DEMO ???
magicmal
View Profile
New user
Plymouth England UK
6 Posts

Profile of magicmal
Hi!

"M" head of top secret magic here...

Lets see if can answer some of these questions...

Firstly let me explain that Gary is truly one of britians busiest working PROS...As such he takes any effect that he like and works on it until he has changed it into something truly workable without fault! Usually with half a doz different methods of doing it! I lose count of how many variations of 3 fly he does! All outstanding!

So in answer to your questions... Yes Gary has take Trilogy a great effect and made it better...

Trilogy has a few minor but to a hobbyist maybe unimportant flaws. But to a pro...
Gary and many others said the same thing about Trilogy... Too many Predictions
the 3rd one only serves to confuse them a little and by cutting this out also simplifies the the overall working.

So now... The deck can be on view BEFORE you start the effect.
There is only ONE deck used there is still a free choice of card and number.
Obviously it is not repeatable... But them if you have done it properly in the first place they should be worshiping you a a God now anyway!

BUT if you want to repeat it buy a second deck...

If you have Trilogy you will understand all of the above and if you use Trilogy you WILL want DUALITY! It makes the trick into a Professionals working Miracle.

I know I'm biased Gary is an old friend who has taughted me a great deal over the years and yes I helped him get this one on the market. If you are a customer of mine however you will know that I am very fussy about what I sell and if I give and opinion its good down to earth one! So even if anyone else were selling this instead of me I'd be wanting to sell here here in the shop!
Mal Norton
"Simply Magic..."
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Well said Mal, I couldn't have said it any better myself. And I agree with the 3 Fly effects he does, all outstanding.
As I was in the shop today, I worked out a handling that can make this perfect trick, repeatable, with a slight change. I don't want to say too much, as I want to speak and show Gary the trick 1st. And also, as Mal said, this is a working professionals dream. I know how many people liked Trilogy, as I also liked it. Until I was shown this and it cleared everything up
www.magicman13.co.uk

Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Though, come to think of it, why are you wanting to repeat the same trick?
www.magicman13.co.uk

bekralik
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1354 Posts

Profile of bekralik
What are the odds that the deck is bicycle-backed?
fvdbeek
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of fvdbeek
Well for me it is absolute essential that a trick can be repeated. I know, it is against 'the law of magicians' but I'm a just a amateurmagician, not a stageperformer. I like to do tricks for family, colleagues, at party's etc.
With some effects people will say: he, try that with me ! Well, with a good effect that should be possible. Bye the way, I don't like it when I show my kids an cardtrick and I hear my wife saying: Hé, I had that same card yesterday !

Frans
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
2004 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Thanks for the website. I will be checking it out.
adom
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of adom
Hi fvdbeek

I think you have to accept that you cannot just go round and round showing the same trick to just close friends and family or each time you do one you will have to stick it in the cupboard and buy a new one, which is a very expensive way to live.

Some of the very best effects are not repeatable to the same audience. And repeating a repeatable one, however good first time, to your family and friends will soon bore them to death. You will have to find a way to increase your audience base both for your audience's sake and your own pleasure, which you can only get from the look of surprise on someone's face to whom what you have done is completely new, not just a repeat of a puzzle they are now trying to solve. That is neither magic nor entertainment. It is a form of "Twenty Questions".

As for your wife pointing out she had the same card as the one your kids got, I presume she knows it is not real magic and therefore it is a trick? In which case it is not surprising the end may be the same. Personally if my wife wrecked my kids pleasure and surprise that way, I would take her to the side and explain the facts of magical life to her very gently, pointing out that (a) I do tricks not real magic, (b) I am trying to give pleasure to OUR kids and (c) She has just ruined it for them.

This is a superb and stunning effect. Get it and widen your world. You will be amazed how easy that is and how hugely much more pleasure you will get. It is always hard and frightening doing magic for the first time to strangers, but we have all been there, so you are not on your own. Go for it, enjoy it, and your world will change. You can start that new life no better than with "Duality" - a stunning effect, self re-setting and no sleight of hand required. What more can you want? It lets an amateur do an effect professionals perform, and that is the level of response and reputation you will get from those who see you do it. There are worse things than being take for a pro! Best of luck.

adom
fvdbeek
View Profile
Elite user
490 Posts

Profile of fvdbeek
Hi Adom,

thanks for your advice, I really apreciate it. Concerning the phrase about my wife and kids; it was just a manner of speaking. Of course she wouldn't ruin the trick by saying that, but if I could look in her head....
Sorry, that is another forum here.

Frans
adom
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of adom
No problem Frans.

Another bit of advice from an old man (married 44 years)- DO NOT try to look into your wife's head. It will frighten you to death! Just smile and say "Yes, dear" if in doubt, then try to get away to the pub as soon as possible. You will have the pleasure of drinking a beer and doing a trick to a few strangers. Heaven...

Best wishes - now get out there and spread your talent around. Remember - there are lots of people just waiting to see you do magic. Don't let them down.

adom
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Has anyone else bought this yet so we can get an honest review?
www.magicman13.co.uk

pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I have just ordered so will review when I recieve it.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Recieved today, lightning delivery time. This is a must for anyone who likes prediction effects like myself. It is an alternative to Trilogy, only this uses one deck but is just as strong.

I actually prefer this to Trilogy as it has been simplified, and works perfect on either 1 or 2 specs, as opposed to requiring 3 for Trilogy.

Thanks for the excellent customer service at http://www.topsecretmagic.co.uk
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Can someone please say if this is in Bicycle or not.
Thanks

3121 Smile
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Same stock as Trilogy, for reasons that are apparant to owners of Trilogy.

I prefer this effect to be (other) type as you can start with a prediction effect (Synchronicity 3 for instance) in bicycle, then put that deck away and you have a perfect excuse to bring out a different deck, as you didn't want to mark an expensive deck with numbers on the reverse so you used this cheaper version instead. Once finished, back into pocket and out comes a different bike deck for your next effect. Its the perfect excuse to switch decks twice.
Jack Bryce
View Profile
Regular user
Edinburgh UK
130 Posts

Profile of Jack Bryce
Hi All, been a long time since I last posted but I feel I must say something with regard to this effect and the debate that is going on.

I just purchased this although I already had Trilogy but to be honest although I liked Trilogy I had only used it once even though I am reasonably busy at the moment, the main reason is I found it a bit confusing for the spectators and I didn't like the idea that the pack is not on view from the start...I also think it's not as direct as I was hoping for using in walk around.

So I looked at Duality, young Chris (your excellent Grammar Host), Demmed it for me, Nice Job Chris.....which convinced me it was a bit more direct than Trilogy as I had an interview for a TV show that is up and coming and I wanted to do something that was direct and hit them hard....Believe me Gary has done an excellent job with this...I completed the interview, Duality was the first thing I did and to say it blew them away is an understatement.

So how much more convincing do you need this is a great effect... Direct, hits them where it hurts and blows them away....I will be doing it every show from now on.....as has already been said if you want to repeat it to the same people buy two sets its not that expensive.....
http://www.jackbrycemagic.co.uk

I never forget a face but in your case I will gladly make an exception...Groucho Marx
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Duality- Gary Jones (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL