The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Duality- Gary Jones (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
5332 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Can't agree more Jack. I had a spare, unmarked, Trilogy and have now converted it to Duality, so it can be repeated at the same venue.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4396 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Glad you guys are enjoying this. Most people when they see it in the shop buy it, and it is selling well, and a lot of big names are ordering this. There are a few more effects to be released in the near future, so stay tuned
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Jack Bryce
View Profile
Regular user
Edinburgh UK
130 Posts

Profile of Jack Bryce
I forgot to mention in my earlier post...Duality is also a great opportunity to hand out your business card and believe me as a working professional you don't get many opporunities to do that....

If you give a booker a card what do they do with it....they may keep it or they may throw it in the bin, the only time you can be reassured that they will keep it is if the booker or a guest ask you for a card and not the other way round ie. you asking them if they would like your card.

So any opportunity to hand your card out in the context of a trick is great because they are all the more likely to keep it as a momento or keep sake.
http://www.jackbrycemagic.co.uk

I never forget a face but in your case I will gladly make an exception...Groucho Marx
Christopher Congreave
View Profile
Veteran user
U.K
377 Posts

Profile of Christopher Congreave
Hi all, I don't post much on the Café, I am a working professional based in the Midlands (UK). I just received my Duality and I am very impressed with the thinking behind it. I have several bookings over the weekend so I will be trying it out and I will let you know the responses I get next week.
Christopher Congreave
View Profile
Veteran user
U.K
377 Posts

Profile of Christopher Congreave
Hi again, I did four bookings over the weekend, the first of which is a residency at a football club so I know a lot of the guests and I am able to try new material and get honest opinions. I tried Duality on them and it blew them away completely, they loved it. I then did it at all my other jobs, and everyone really enjoyed it. I only give business cards away when people ask for them normally so what I did was I only did this trick to the tables who were really into the magic and wanted more, then at the end of the trick they have got my card. I don't know if it is a coincidence but when I got home last night I had received an enquiry via e-mail for a wedding. Anyway, all I can say is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4396 Posts

Glad it is going well for you Christopher
www.magicman13.co.uk

Ethan
View Profile
Regular user
UK
142 Posts

Profile of Ethan
I also agree that Duality is strong, though personally I prefer Trilogy, which has 3 revelations rather than just 2.

It was said earlier on this point
"Too many Predictions the 3rd one only serves to confuse them a little and by cutting this out also simplifies the the overall working."

I strongly disagree, I have performed Trilogy in the real world hundreds of times and have never found my spectators confused. I guess if you presented it poorly it could get confusing, then again so could 2 predictions. Since each spectator only needs to remember the one prediction they are directly involved in, I don't see an issue. Also the 3rd prediction with Trilogy is the strongest of the 3 and doesn't have a comparable prediction from duality. If I did want this type of effect with only 2 predictions and the deck on view from the start I would prefer to go for Phil Plus, which is essentially the same as Duality except that the nature of using names gives the opportunity for some humour. There is also another interesting version of this effect called something like "celebrity" which also uses the humour angle. So all in all while Duality is a strong effect and will play well my own preferences would not place this at the top of my list of this type of effect.
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
964 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Hi,

Thanks for all the positive feedback about Duality. I didn`t come up with it as an improvement of Trilogy, I just wanted to reduce pocket space and speed things up a little.
I think Trilogy is superb and if performed well, it`s a killer. Duality is a much quicker effect and therefore perfect in walkaround situations.
I belive both have their advantages and disavatages and both are very very strong effects and should be in the working repertoires of all magicians Smile
All the best,
Gary Jones
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers.
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1257 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
I prefer "Duality". I feel that the 3 different predictions are harder for the audience to follow (not each subject but the audience as a whole.) I agree with Gary that "Duality" moves along quicker.

I also like "Phil Plus"!
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Long live Lowell and Richie!
BeMagic
View Profile
New user
Devon
1 Post

Profile of BeMagic
I saw Gary perform this effect and it blew me away! I knew I had to have it!
Duality is so so strong! Its quick to master and the reactions are suberb! After performing it for the first time I new that this trick was a definate keeper for my repertoire.
Any working magician should have this trick!

Well done Gary!
enigmagik32
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of enigmagik32
I had the honour of using Duality for about 6months before for release and the effect is a Killer, If your into mentalism you must buy it, the reaction from an audience is ***** awesome use it as a closer or encore at a table you can't get any stonger, as the old ads used to say Plays Big Packs small. Buy it befor it sells out....

I noticed on the inside of the packaging that you had another effect coming out, any news on the
realease date..

Bravo Gary (well thought out ill look forward to future releases
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
964 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Hi Enigmagik32,

I have a number of effects which will be released in the next coming weeks. The first one is called, Out Of Sight, Out Of Your Mind, if you know the Vernon routine, my version is completely self-working. You fan out the deck and the spectator thinks of any card, you do not ask the spectator any questions and you instantly reveal their thought of card, it really is that clean.
The pack is gimmicked and it comes in Bicycle red or blue. I believe Top Secret Magic will be putting a £12-00 price tag on this but check their website for details.
All the best,
Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4396 Posts

Out of sight, Out of your mind is another great trick created Gary, and the effect is as clean as Gary says it. I have used this as long as I have Duality, which is a long time now, and it is still a great trick. It has evolved a lot since Gary first showed it at the shop. It is very fair and clean, and is good audience participation as like in Duality. I think the instructions are just being finalised, so shouldnt be long now. Stay tuned.....
www.magicman13.co.uk

Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3321 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
I'm one of the minority here, and, with Ethan, I prefer Trilogy. But I do like the directness of Duality and will use it! (Obviously not in the same show Smile )
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4396 Posts

Good to hear it. This was one of the hit effects at the Bristol Day of Magic Convention. A lof of these were sold, and other dealers were interested in stocking this. Not long now for the next effect, I sent the instructions off today
www.magicman13.co.uk

matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1500 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
I've got both effects
to be honest, I'm gonna stick with duality
why?
1 deck
simplicity
direct
just out of interest......
is everyone performing as per instructions, patter wise?
I ike it
I like it alot
one of the revelations is the same as the 3rd one in trilogy
but in the patter suppiled, the 2 revelations are equal in strength, if you know what I mean?
I wondered how to adjust things, so that you can have the strength of the last revelation in trilogy, built into duality
I just like the, "heres a number, name ANY CARD" climax
oh, one more thing....
has anyone ever had a spectator notice the "numbers", as you proceed to find the number on the backs of the cards
only low numbers are seen?
or is it just me with my magicians head on?
thanks for your help...
and a great trick gary jones!
matt.magicman
View Profile
Inner circle
Mars
1500 Posts

Profile of matt.magicman
Anyone help me on that one?
Ethan
View Profile
Regular user
UK
142 Posts

Profile of Ethan
I think it unlikely that they will notice, just as when doing ID they don't notice all odd cards or the fact that while looking for their Ace they don't spot any other Aces either.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4396 Posts

Good point Ethan, and no matt.magicman, noone has ever noticed this point, they are so focused on looking for their number, which is why all your attention is looking for the named number
www.magicman13.co.uk

Lou A
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of Lou A
Sounds a lot like the Detour de Force effect by John Bannon. If anyone likes the premis of a double prediction using fronts and backs, I think Bannon's effect is a nice alternate plus it has a nice kicker ending. It also uses regular cards, not the thin "phil" cards which I think look strange especially after doing some effects with a normal deck. If anyone doesn't know the "Detour De Force" effect it is definitely a prediction effect to look into. Very powerful!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Duality- Gary Jones (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL