The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Duality- Gary Jones (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
magiclee
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of magiclee
Thank you Peter.

magiclee
boboshempy
View Profile
Veteran user
Jersey
374 Posts

Profile of boboshempy
Why can I not find Duality on the website? Is it still for sale? Where can I get it?
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4401 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
http://www.topsecretmagic.co.uk , go to New in, near the top there is a linkto it. Paypal is now accepted through the site
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4401 Posts

So, several months on, and an incredible amount sold and still selling. Anyone else use this or got anymore stories with this?
Gary also now performs and sells this at his lectures, so be sure not to miss out!
www.magicman13.co.uk

Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
I would give "Duality" a "10" rating. Outstanding mental magic. I prefer it over "Trilogy", "Trilogy Streamlined", and "Cataclysm". I like it so much, I ordered several decks for repeat performances.

Robert
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
6279 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Is this the same as Trilogy streamlined?
Virungan
View Profile
Inner circle
Here and There
1156 Posts

Profile of Virungan
OK, I'm "SOLD!" but please turn off that cheesy Mission Impossible track on the website, I may lose my mind while locating the trick and ordering it!

:)
Smile When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth...Smile
MarvinSanRemo
View Profile
Loyal user
Santa Barbara, CA
259 Posts

Profile of MarvinSanRemo
I received my order very quickly. I absolutely love this effect, and have received great reactions. I don't own the other effects, so I cant compare it to them. It would be nice to offer the deck numbered by someone with nice looking handwriting. I understand why they aren't printed, but my handwriting isn't the greatest. That way it still looks authentic, but professional. Although they aren't offered in Bicycles, no one has ever questioned the cards. I thought this might be an issue, but it has not been at all. I will say it would be nice to produce them in Bicycles, but it certainly doesn't detract from the effect. Otherwise, I would rate the effect a 10!
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4401 Posts

The music is only on the home page. Once you click on any other link the music goes.

http://www.topsecretmagic.co.uk/cards.html

Right at the top is Duality
www.magicman13.co.uk

Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Quote:
On 2006-11-13 14:10, pegasus wrote:
Is this the same as Trilogy streamlined?

No. "Trilogy Streamlined" uses an "even / odd" approach, which allows for the use of only one deck, as opposed to the original "Trilogy". I believe that this is a major weakness in the effect.

On the other hand, "Duality" only has two phases and the spectator must pick a "lowish" number (26 or below), but "Duality" is still the best effect among all of those mentioned above, IMHO. Some may disagree.

Chris - Sorry, but that "Mission Impossible" music really is irritating. :-(

Robert
Brian Caswell
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of Brian Caswell
I think all of the above mention effects can play strongly. My choice of repertoire depends on the audience, and performance conditions. It's interesting to note for example, that I never really imagined Trilogy would be performed close up.I devised it as a platform trick.

For close up I would perform Phil Plus for anyone. If I'm booked for mind magic, or otherwise feel an audience is receptive to mentalism, then Duality or Cataclysm fit the bill for me. Naturally being my own baby I like the audacity and use of regular cards in Cataclysm, but I am also very much a fan of Duality, which generally packs its punch into a briefer time span.

For stage, I prefer Trilogy, the full version.

Brian Caswell (www.unearthlymagic.com)
mushi
View Profile
New user
Japan
52 Posts

Profile of mushi
Quote:
On 2006-11-13 21:56, Robert M wrote:

On the other hand, "Duality" only has two phases and the spectator must pick a "lowish" number (26 or below), but "Duality" is still the best effect among all of those mentioned above, IMHO. Some may disagree.

Hi, Mr. Robert
Did you say that the spec can't choose a number between 27 and 52?
Will any logical reasons for picking lowish number be explained for the spec?
thanks!
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4401 Posts

Mushi, the set comes so ou can make it yourself, so you are the one who decides whether to make it High or Low. One reason is so you don't accidentally choose the same number as it has happened in the past, is you want the spec to think of low number, and you will think of a high number, or vice versa
www.magicman13.co.uk

mushi
View Profile
New user
Japan
52 Posts

Profile of mushi
Thank you Christopher.
I misread the description of the effect you wrote on this thread.
The spec should think A number and ANY card.
Since I made a similar effect when I bought Trilogy, but my effect needs two decks.
Anyway I will buy the Duality.
thanks
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
968 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Hi Brian,

Thank you for your kind remarks about Duality, I too use Trilogy in a cabaret/parlour setting. Duality was developed for the table hopper/strolling magician, quick and straight to the point and most importantly, instant re-set. I do use Trilogy in close-up, I work the Brend Hotel Group, I can spend some time with each group (unlike the ball type setting when you have to do ten tables in less than an hour) Smile, Trilogy plays extremely well in this type of setting. I didn't want the numbers printed on the cards as I thought that this would look like a shop bought trick.

All the best,

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers.
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Trilogy and Duality are both great tricks. An idea this good doesn't come along very often. No matter which version you prefer, both of these effects are outstanding.

Robert
Virungan
View Profile
Inner circle
Here and There
1156 Posts

Profile of Virungan
Having now used this in performances for some time, I cannot reccommend it highly enough- this is a real killer.

The reactions from this are dependly solid and there's plenty of room to routine this and make it your own. This really is an outstanding piece of work- simple, straight to the point and effective.

And excellent service and delivery from Top Secret- Thanks guys.
Smile When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth...Smile
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
968 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Hi Virungan,

Thank you for you kind comments about Duality. I have a new effect which should be released just before Blackpool, keep looking on the Top Secret magic site for details.

All the best,

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers.
Virungan
View Profile
Inner circle
Here and There
1156 Posts

Profile of Virungan
No sweat.... Any early word on what the new effect entails??
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4401 Posts

The new effect is called 'Out of Sight, Out of your mind' and basically a spectator looks through a deck of cards and thinks of ANY card they see. The cards are given a few cuts, and without the magician asking a single question, you deal down and stop at a card, turn it over and it is the spectators freely thought of card. Really clean, simple and a few different variations will be taught in the instructions!
www.magicman13.co.uk

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Duality- Gary Jones (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL