The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Duality- Gary Jones (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
974 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Hi Lou A,

I agree, John Bannon`s Tour de Force is awsome, I`ve been using it for many years and it gets a great reaction.

I don`t think the spectators really give a *** as to the quality of playing cards we use.

Duality and Trilogy have the advantage of the spectators naming any number and any card, this is the strength of these two effects, the cards do not come into play until they`ve made their choices.

When I developed Duality, I wanted the pack to be on view before the effect started. If you do a radio show, you can post the pack to the radio station and get two people to phone in and still do Duality, I`ve performed this on two radio shows here in the UK.. Magic on the radio is always a tough one (grey Elephant in Demark has been done so many times). The great thing about Duality and Trilogy is the fact the cards have numbers on them so when the effect is over you have the perfect excuse to pop them into your pocket and bring out your Bicycles Smile

All the best,

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - At The Table Lecture - Life's a Beach Vol 1 - Life's A Beach Vol 2 - Alas Chris and Jones.
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Quote:
On 2006-06-03 19:21, gjmagic wrote:
The great thing about Duality and Trilogy is the fact the cards have numbers on them so when the effect is over you have the perfect excuse to pop them into your pocket and bring out your Bicycles Smile

Absolutely! Trilogy or Duality make for an ideal opener depending on how large or small your audience is.
Natural Mystic
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta, GA
509 Posts

Profile of Natural Mystic
Gjmagic,

Are there any dealers in the US selling this product?
"You never change the existing reality by
fighting it. Instead, create a new model that
makes the old one obsolete."
-- R. Buckminster Fuller
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Natural Mystic, http://www.topsecretmagic.co.uk are currently the only company selling this effect. Order it, you wont regret it
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
737 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
Hi there,

Two days ago I had the pleasure of Gary performing this effect for me in my local Torwuay magic shop, it really is a nice effect, if you know about Trilogy, or any other of the previous use of such principles you will know how this works. However, the big point is this, spectators wont understand how on earth you could have done what you did, it is a real killer. Gary has the highest of standards, and talking to him about his summer bookings he is all booked up, and for some people this means that they have one show a week, Gary however, has far too many!!

He only uses killer effects, and they really are great.

He also showed me, Out of Sight, Out of Your Mind, now this is an absolute stunner, taking an effect that Dai Vernon worked on, and making it a supreme streamline killer effect that is an absolute must for the working pro.

Gary Jones has created a number of wonderful streamline effects that are perfect for the working pro that hit them hard, between the eyes!

Hope your knee gets better soon Gary.

Jon Hackett
It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities and progressive ideas. Doystoyevsky
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Out of Sight, Out of your mind is a great effect, and I have been using it ever since Gary showed it to me. Gary has a couple versions of this effect, and I showed Gary one of my own handlings where the thought of card was the only Blue backed card in the red deck
www.magicman13.co.uk

Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Quote:
On 2006-06-05 08:44, Christopher Williams wrote:
Out of Sight, Out of your mind is a great effect,
looking forward to that!
mattH
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of mattH
Can someone say whether with duality the cards come already numbered
or would the purchaser have to number the cards (as trilogy)?
if they come numbered are the numbers printed on the backs?
thanks
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

The cards supplied come blank backed like trilogy so that people can personalise them for themselves
www.magicman13.co.uk

Craig Kyle
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of Craig Kyle
This is bad news. The effect should come complete from GJ.
Nick23
View Profile
Special user
England
580 Posts

Profile of Nick23
Heres an idea. Ask your spectator to think of an odd number and you (the magician) will think of an even. That will solve any problem of the spectator picking a number that wouldnt work. This might be an alternative, of course you will need to decide on doing this before you mark the deck with no 1-26 etc and change it to odd 1-52.
Nothing I do can't be done by a 10-year-old...with 15 years of practice."
-- Harry Blackstone, Jr.
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Quote:
On 2006-06-08 07:12, zak plumb wrote:

Why? If they are printed, they seem like a bought trick. Atleast with writing your own, you can actually use patter about having a premonition or whatever, so you wrote on the back of the cards, it looks like you made the effect up
www.magicman13.co.uk

Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Quote:
On 2006-06-08 07:12, zak plumb wrote:

Zak. No! Wait till you get it you'll realise why! Smile Christopher is absolutely spot on. It just HAS to be self-personalised.

BTW folks, if you are impressed with the Trilogy/Duality idea, Brian Caswell, the inventor of Trilogy, is about to launch "Cataclysm".

http://www.unearthlymagic.com

I'll say no more than it is a similar premise but with the added 'edge' of something extra and rather 'dark' and 'sinister.' He's kindly supplied me with a pre-release set and I'll post a review elsewhere when I've gone through it. Oh - it's on BIKES!!

Laters....
wonder pefomance
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of wonder pefomance
This gary jones trick is one that can be repeated 20 times for the same group and the impact is stronger every time. if someone offers you $10000 for the secret don't take it. send them to gary jones.
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Quote:
On 2006-06-09 13:24, wonder pefomance wrote:
This gary jones trick is one that can be repeated 20 times for the same group and the impact is stronger every time. if someone offers you $10000 for the secret don't take it. send them to gary jones.

I don't think so! They'll suss it immediately you show them the second time. If what you say is true, how are you going to make your two predictions different?
Dr. Zordas
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Dr. Zordas
...And in a similar vein there is is Dual Match. Simple, direct, one deck.

Dr. Zordas
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Dual Match is one of our best sellers and great some great reactions with a fantastic Kicker ending.

Regards

Peter
http://www.alakazam.co.uk
magiclee
View Profile
Special user
570 Posts

Profile of magiclee
Peter,I can't find "Dual Match" on your website.

magiclee
Dr. Zordas
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Dr. Zordas
Quote:
On 2006-06-14 09:15, magiclee wrote:
Peter,I can't find "Dual Match" on your website.

magiclee

You may need to type the word 'DUEL' into the search field...
Duel Match

Dr. Zordas
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Here is the direct link.

alakazam.co.uk

Regards

Peter
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Duality- Gary Jones (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL