The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The March 2006 entrée: Tim Ellis & Sue-Anne Webster » » Stupid Game III - The Final Countdown » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1221 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
I don't know if we have enough time to play this one, but why not give it a try! The game is CARD STORY.

Together, we are going to tell a story.

We tell it one line at a time, and the card we're up to must be incorporated into the story just like in the classic routine 'Sam The Bellhop'.

Rather than a shuffled deck, we'll use a deck in Si Stebbins order so we're all working from the same pack.

But what GENRE will the story be? Detective story, action adventure, horror, romance, slapstick comedy, science fiction......???

What OCCUPATION will the main character have? Plumber, brain surgeon, pilot, organ player, chess champion, food critic......???

And what SETTING will the story be in? Tropical island, secret hideout, spaceship, deserted ghost town, medieval castle, underground mine.....????

Next person to post needs to choose a GENRE.
Person after that an OCCUPATION.
Next person a setting.
Next person writes the first line of the story incorporating the first card, choose a random card, and we'll continue in Si Stebbins order after that until we complete the deck!!! (If we can!)

BTW: Ideas for cards... Ace of Spades can be "He was an Ace", "He grabbed a spade", "He was detective Sam Spade", "He sat down on his fat ace"... use the card as inspiration and add your imagination!

GOOD LUCK!

TYPE FAST!

No stopping by the way - if someone messes up the order or two people use the same card, just get us back on track and keep going! WE HAVE A DEADLINE!
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Grammar Host
WV, USA
1649 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
A romatic comedy that may turn tragic. (yeah, 3 topics in one!)
Michael J.
“Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.” --from Shakespeare’s ‘As You Like It’
Sue-Anne Webster
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
97 Posts

Profile of Sue-Anne Webster
Dentist
MatBlack
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of MatBlack
A lighthouse on a remote rocky island in the midle of 'the perfect storm'
tlfdoc
View Profile
New user
Appleton, WI
27 Posts

Profile of tlfdoc
After they reached the top of the lighthouse that night, Jack couldn't wait to show Jill his club.
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1555 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Jill was thrilled with his invitation, as she had always secretly wanted to steal his heart.
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1221 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
(4S)

Jill was his dental hygenist and she thought it was really cool FOR Jack to dig her as much as she dug him.
Sue-Anne Webster
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
97 Posts

(7D)

The thunderstruck in the stormy night sky and the waves crashed upon the rocks as Jack, with his eyes gleaming, presented Jill with his seven diamond encrusted golf club.
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
Hesperia, California USA
1900 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
(10C)

He looked into her eyes, as he took the gift and placed it into his golf bag, which he always kept with him, and layed it along side his other ten clubs.
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1555 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
KH

At that very moment he raced to the top of the lighthouse and shouted I'm the King of Hearts, wind blowing his hair, arms outstretched, while Jill looked on rather a bit dissapointed as to his lack of amorous overtures.
tlfdoc
View Profile
New user
Appleton, WI
27 Posts

Profile of tlfdoc
3S, 6D, 9C
She was so angry she raced down all 369 steps.
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
Hesperia, California USA
1900 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
(QH)

He turned around and noticed the Queen of his Heart was gone!
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1555 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
2S

She stopped suddenly after emerging from the lighthouse..as there was a fork in the middle of the road, a SPADE TWO! Which way to go? She realized she had to go back to the lighthouse.
IT Magic
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
113 Posts

Profile of IT Magic
5D

In the lighthouse, miffed at his love running away, Jack had pried 5 of the diamonds out of the golf club
Magic, Illusion and Data Management
www.stardockmagi.blogspot.com

I picture a world of love and peace, a world without war where people live together in harmony.
I also picture us attacking that world 'cause they just wouldn't expect it
Sue-Anne Webster
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
97 Posts

(8C)

His trusty dental drill boke it's diamond 'bit' as a thunderbolt blew the lighthouse bulb, shattering glass around him, scattering eight clubs down the spiral staircase.
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1221 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
(JH)

Jack stopped, tossed the drill he'd been using to pry out the precious stones, and clutched at his heart as he felt it skip a beat.
IT Magic
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
113 Posts

Profile of IT Magic
AS

Jill ran back into the lighthouse just in time to see Jack with the drill, she grabbed her spade, wholloped him on the head and rACEd away again

I picture a world of love and peace, a world without war where people live together in harmony.
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1555 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
AS

Jill became concerned when she heard the noise ."Perhaps there is a burgler whom has broken in", she thought. (Jill wasn't very smart as we know it's impossible to break into the top floor of a lighthouse during a perfect storm) but she grabbed a spade and r...ACE..d up the stairs
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1221 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
(4D)

As Jack lay reeling on the floor, he heard the engine of his FORd Mondeo turn over and he realised he'd understimated Jill very badly indeed.
Elly May Drudge
View Profile
Tim Ellis' snoopy neighbor
Melbourne, Australia
40 Posts

Profile of Elly May Drudge
(7C)

Meanwhile, in her nearby shanty, the beautiful Swedish cleaning woman Sven Clubowski picked up her bucket full of brushes and headed off towards the lighthouse to do her weekly cleaning duties for her employer Dr Jim "Toothy" McCavity.

(And let me tell you those lighthouses are a pain to clean! No corners to sweep all the dust into!!)
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1555 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
10H

Sven was passed by a speeding Ford on the way to the Lighthouse. Shrugging, she thought (in her Swedish accent), "where zat person go on an Island?" Continuing on her way she became alarmed..oh no vat if something happen to my Jack, vat TEN? I love him vit all my Heart!
IT Magic
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
113 Posts

Profile of IT Magic
KS

Arriving at the lighthouse sven found the bloodied spade and assumed the worst.
Reeling she raised her head as she screamed Jill's name

"JILLLLLLL, I gonna get you, a gun, a gun, my KINGdom for a gun"

Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1555 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
3D

So overcome with grief, everything swirled around her and she appeared to be looking out of 3D glasses.
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1221 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
(6C)

"Look at this mess!!" she cried, picking up six of the clubs and tossing them aside, "How am I ever going to get this clean?!"
IT Magic
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
113 Posts

Profile of IT Magic
9H

Sven actually had a HEART of stone and recovered from these things quickly. She grabbed 3 more clubs and put the NINE clubs away

Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1221 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
QS

She picked up the spade and started "queening" the blood off it.
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Grammar Host
WV, USA
1649 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
(My family thinks I'm nuts I'm laughing so hard!)

2D

Spotting Two of the Diamonds on the floor, she quickly pocketed them to add to her bling collection.
Michael J.
“Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.” --from Shakespeare’s ‘As You Like It’
Chris Becker
View Profile
Veteran user
New York, NY
371 Posts

Profile of Chris Becker
5C

Suddenly, Sven heard a creaking noise coming from the door. She was so surprised that she inadvertently made a step backwards and knocked over the only oil lamp that had lit the room. For FIVE seconds everything was quiet in the pitch-dark room but then Sven felt the door was moving. Frantically, she reached for the bag of CLUBS ...
- - -
<BR>Cards don't cheat people. People cheat people.
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1555 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
8H

In the dark she mistakenly grabbed open the refridgerator door. Light streamed in the room from the light inside the fridge. She spied the contents inside..and to give her strength she quickly gulped down some T..HEARTS and EIGHT them.
Tim Ellis
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melbourne, Australia
1221 Posts

Profile of Tim Ellis
JS

Jack started to move and used the spade as a crutch to get himself back up on his feet.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The March 2006 entrée: Tim Ellis & Sue-Anne Webster » » Stupid Game III - The Final Countdown » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2017 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 2.53 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL