The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » David Blaine Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
kdb424
View Profile
Regular user
Pittsburg PA
120 Posts

Profile of kdb424
For anyone wanting the david Blaine deck that someone posted about, here it is on ellusionist for $7.99 Click here!
Zazz
View Profile
Veteran user
California
315 Posts

Profile of Zazz
The person that bought the deck off of *B*y for $61.00 is probably kicking himself now.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
The decks are wholsaled by Murphy's Magic Supplies, who in turn supplies dealers with the cards.

I doubt you'll see this decks much cheaper anywhere else. These cards aren't the Ellusionist designed and produced like the Tigers Vipers and Ghosts.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
One thing, that is a beautiful design on the back of that deck.
Steve V
trick_icr
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of trick_icr
Just to let everyone know:

Ellusionist has no exclusive rights with these decks and there is no connection between blaine and ellusionist. They are just like any online dealer- they just happened to buy more than most dealers.
kdb424
View Profile
Regular user
Pittsburg PA
120 Posts

Profile of kdb424
Wow! I did not think that this thread would get so much attention, and only over night! Thanks for taking a look and posting comments. I really learned a lot.
giochi
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of giochi
I like how these cards only say davids name in one very small place on one card.
swtrocks
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
206 Posts

Profile of swtrocks
Actually the joker with the "liar" printed on it is also an image of his face, and the other joker with the ace of spades is cut in half forming the 2 letter db
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
I don't really care if Blaine is or isn't associated at all with it, I like a nice looking deck and that one sure is. Did they build in a subtle one way aspect or anything?
Steve V
giochi
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of giochi
Quote:
On 2006-03-20 18:19, swtrocks wrote:
Actually the joker with the "liar" printed on it is also an image of his face, and the other joker with the ace of spades is cut in half forming the 2 letter db

Like I said, it only says "david blaine" in one small spot on one card
The One
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of The One
And the image on the liar card isn't him... I also thought it was him until he explained to me it wasn't... then he showed me where his face really was in the deck.
I didn't come here to tell you how this is going to end...
I came here...
To tell you how this is going to begin.
Daniel White
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Daniel White
Quote:
On 2006-03-20 19:16, The One wrote:
And the image on the liar card isn't him... I also thought it was him until he explained to me it wasn't... then he showed me where his face really was in the deck.

You are absolutely right.
Joe Russell
View Profile
Veteran user
Buffalo NY
397 Posts

Profile of Joe Russell
Davids cards are great, they are sweet looking but don't look gimmicked like the ellusionist decks so I can actually perform with them. "The One" is right the joker is not his face, but deffinatly look for his face because its in the deck somewhere..........
Who is Tattoo Joe?
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
The image on the joker is an old optical illusion. How do the cards handle, they said Tally Ho finish, I tend to prefer the feel of bikes over the tally ho.
Steve V
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Although they may say his full name only in small print somewhere on the back of the card, the ENTIRE back of the card is his db logo, DB having made the connection that a "split spade" looks like his own logo.

These are hardly subtle cards as some posts suggest, they as much as scream David Blaine.
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
I thought the spade looked nice, never would have crossed my mind it was DB.
Steve V
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Quote:
The logo is only apparent to people who know enough that it is his logo.

Thanks for quoting my post and adding this observation to my original thoughts.
trick_icr
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of trick_icr
Most people wont know what this logo means- therefore how could this deck "scream" of David Blaine? Its subtlelty is what is so nice about these cards.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Quote:
On 2006-03-21 23:40, trick_icr wrote:
Most people wont know what this logo means- therefore how could this deck "scream" of David Blaine? Its subtlelty is what is so nice about these cards.

Most people will never even see this deck, so you may be correct about the average Joe not knowing these are Blaines cards.
This deck is being sold from magic stores to magicians, not guys on the street.

Last time I checked, a giant DB on the back of the deck pretty much screams David Blaine, considering he created and is marketing the cards, that's not surprising.

You are certainly free to call the giant "db" anything else that you want to.
Darius666
View Profile
Veteran user
London
368 Posts

Profile of Darius666
Does anyone think there is a good chance that he may market them to the general public. He could advertise them on his next show.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » David Blaine Deck (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL