The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Electric touch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16 [Next]
laserbeam
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of laserbeam
Electric touch works great. I just hate the fact you have to mod your shoes. I know there is a simple set up but it's kindof getto. I really like the effect and the shock is just right. Not too strong and not too weak. It got my g/f good, lol.
TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
Northampton UK
700 Posts

Profile of TheTableTopTrixta
I take it I am the only one with the problem of the copper not fitting into the housing!!
spencerlai
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of spencerlai
I find the sparking sound is very distrubing when the ET is activated. Could anyone help to tell me how to fix it?
Never Give Up
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1829 Posts

Profile of iamslow
So when someone charges up, are they getting shocked as well during this process?
"Everyone is tough till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
No
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
Kramus Nexifius
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Kramus Nexifius
Greetings from the Magical Wizard!

My ET arrived yesterday and I am somewhat disappointed. This item on first appearance lives up to all the hype. Great packaging and utility is presented very professionally. DVD is clear and concise. Written instructions are very clear also.

However the *** thing is yet to work. I have replaced the batteries, I have tried the quick set up and carefully spent time with the professional set up. Still no shock other than I have spent £129 on an item that may not work at all. Have emailed my supplier in the Uk who shall remain nameless until they reply.

I have tried all sorts of things to the point where any performance of the item would be unworkable. You would need an elephant to walk on stage for misdirection. No LED light before or after battery replacement.

Very disappointed was hoping to rehearse with item and include in a performance in the coming weeks.
Philippe
View Profile
Elite user
418 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Laserbeam, may I suggest that you go to 'secret center' to solve your problem.
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3479 Posts

Profile of Mystician
He either put the batteries in backwards (my wife does that all the time !) or it's defective - he said the LED wasn't lighting up.
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
Magicmike221
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
554 Posts

Profile of Magicmike221
I know The ET can make a fluorecent light flicker , does this mean it can do the same to a light bulb?
Bill Beach
View Profile
Loyal user
Ohio, USA
295 Posts

Profile of Bill Beach
No, only works with a small flourscent light. You hold the metal contacts on one end and have a spectator hold the contacts on the other end (or you can touch the other end to a piece of bare metal).
Kramus Nexifius
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Kramus Nexifius
Good news, My dealer has exchanged the faulty ET and its on route as we speak.
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2144 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
Mystician,

Hope she does not have to change the batteries too often Smile
Long Island,
New York
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
11825 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
He might be forgetting to do the second step in activation.

Tony
ncsteve
View Profile
Veteran user
North Carolina
311 Posts

Profile of ncsteve
The first ET I recieved would'nt work. I bought it from Hank Lee & he switched it promptly with no problem at all. I think a few years ago Hank Lee had a reputation for poor customer service but from my experience that's no longer the case at all. I've seen used ones for sale here. I like to buy used items at a discount but I'd be afraid to buy this item second hand.
I've seen talk of a ET Forum. Could someone PM me with the address/details?
Thanks,
NCsteve
Olivier
View Profile
New user
France
27 Posts

Profile of Olivier
If you have a glass filled with water, is it possible to modify the surface of the water in the glass without touching the water ? If it is possible I would like to know how, because I received a big shock while trying it, and I don't want to try it again without knowing the exact methode....lool. Thanks for your help
Olivier
teoswand
View Profile
New user
Croatia - Europe
97 Posts

Profile of teoswand
I have one question about ET: Can I wear it on rain days, and which is the better set up for those days, afcourse I also mean can I perfom with ET outside on rain
teoswand
View Profile
New user
Croatia - Europe
97 Posts

Profile of teoswand
One question more, after moddifying my shoes for pro setup, will I can to wear those shoes without ET
wizard2000
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of wizard2000
Can I use ET with skate shoes ? anyone tried ? Smile

Click here to view attached image.
daver
View Profile
Veteran user
Jupiter, FL
373 Posts

Profile of daver
Well, the deal is, you need to insulate yourself from ground. If there is metal in the hub of the wheelie, I'm not sure. Depends on how it extends and how it may or may not touch anything else.

I suspect you should be okay, since you have rubber soles on it. Problem is not so much will it work, but the rigging of the shoes. The placement of the element in the shoe may interfere with the wheel. You could of course, you to place it into the side of the shoe rather than the heel, but then the activation would be a little funky.
Dave

What's the difference between a magician and a deck of cards? A deck of cards has FOUR suits...
PepeRuizSJ
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of PepeRuizSJ
For those who have modified their shoes. Was $40 dlls. a rip off? It certainly feels so, specially since they didn't do a good job and the thing broke off. But, even if they had done a good job. Is that an average price? About how much would be a just price? Thanks.
Keith Mitchell
View Profile
Special user
772 Posts

Profile of Keith Mitchell
I wear $5,000 hearing aids (I kid you not), and was wondering if ET will damage the hearing aids or shoot electrical shocks straight into my ear-drums?

Can the amount of shock be controlled? I have noticed some people complaining about being hurt by the amount of shock.

Thanks
Madkiki
Mojodrazil
View Profile
New user
Fl.
19 Posts

Profile of Mojodrazil
There is a high and low setting, and I never felt that the shock was any more painful than a good static shock. Shuffle feet on carpet, discharge... not too bad. Whether or not it might interfere with Your hearing aid?, not sure about that one. Sorry. -mojo
hackmonkey
View Profile
Special user
England
955 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
I bought this a while ago, haven't bought a 'trick' for ages. I understood what it was before I bought it, just wanted a pre-made/small device. One that somebody had worked the bugs out of.
I thought this was well made, I never had problems and didn't mod my shoes. ET blends well with Doc Martins or Timbalands.

But after a coupla months of use the copper bit snapped off. This is something echoed by other people. I ended up pulling it apart and breaking the reed switch etc. I am ging to keep this for modding and experimenting. Probably buy a new one. But Yigal should think of re-enoforcing the copper L-plate with a stronger metal.

This device works great with spoon bending, ring floating, watch stopping, pluse stopping, mentalism and PK touches. Also if you stand a cig on end and bring a coupla fingers near it it will pull the smoke towards you. Mix this with the old invisible finger gun/knocking a smoke over with out touching. You have a nice PK thing.

Joe
Look behind you...on your left...thats the real world.

http://www.youtube.com/thejoepiper
PepeRuizSJ
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of PepeRuizSJ
I can't find my DVD with the instructions. Can someone remind me what type of fluorescent light bulb is used?
aechecop
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of aechecop
I wished it was lees cumbersome to install and use... still a great effect though.
boglled
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of boglled
I received mine a couple of days ago, watched the DVD a couple of times and read the instructions. After reading all the threads I am "allowed" to read and other places, I wanted to make sure I did everything right. I installed the batteries activated the unit and as soon as it was activated I could see sparks coming from the edge of the housing where the wire is going to the area where the led is. Pop.....pop....pop......pop....pop...pop very loud is all you hear. I put both leads close together as per written instructions that came in the box and yes a very large stream or spark between them. So I tried a very temporary setup to test. Turned the unit on and activated, Pop....pop...pop...pop....pop......again visible sparks from the wire to the led. Turned it off. I am sure I have a defective product and have emailed Yagill and the store I bought it from. Yagil has not responded, but the store has. They say the will try to ask Yigal first, if he doesn't respond "promptly" they will have their supplier send me another. I'm not one to want to be much of a "pain in the a**, but I find this entirely unacceptable, I received a faulty product straight out of the box, I should be able to send it right back for a replacement, not some run around. I want to keep a good relationship with the store I bought it from, so I will wait another day or so to see what happens.........good thing I used paypal..... I have already notified them.

My question is has anyone else had a problem like this......the sparking from the wire to the led..
MagicSteve84
View Profile
Loyal user
272 Posts

Profile of MagicSteve84
Sounds like a homemade copy of the equipment. Where did you get it?
boglled
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of boglled
No, it's the real mcoy. The shop agreed to send me another, Guess I just got unlucky getting a defective one.
123crampt
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of 123crampt
I'm unsure whether to purchase this or not.
If any of you had your time again would you still get it (providing you like the effect Smile

Gibson
magicmaster01
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of magicmaster01
I purchased the effect when it first came out and loved the idea of it however, I hated the shoe setup. I made some modifications to it so the entire rig is in my shoe. this way I can wear shorts so even if someone has an idea of whats going on they would only see bare legs and shoes no pants to hide anything.
also ive noted that the gimmick never lasts I work 5 nights a week in the summer and each product seemed to only last a summer and a half at the most. as far as the popping and sparking between outgoing cord and led I found that allot of liquid elec tape and regular elec tape seemed to work well.

overall I love the product but the quality on its manufacturing seems to be lacking

any questions on my setup in the shoe id be happy to explain in pm
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Electric touch (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.220766 seconds, requiring 88 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [2] [0] [0] [2] [3] [5] [3] [9]