The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Electric touch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..21~22~23~24 [Next]
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I Still have this in a box I would love to see who has evolved with this.
Mach
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of Mach
Is a new updated version being made of this?
8a22a
View Profile
Regular user
Yorkshire, UK
157 Posts

Profile of 8a22a
Anyone tried 'Power Experts'?

Sounds similar to Electric Touch but simplier setup.

http://kapmagic.com/index.php?productID=447
8a22a
View Profile
Regular user
Yorkshire, UK
157 Posts

Profile of 8a22a
I took a risk and ordered Power Experts. I'll let you know if it's practical.
mndude
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of mndude
Quote:
On 2013-01-08 09:05, 8a22a wrote:

Please do. I spent a fortune on Electric Touch, and it's still in the box.
NFW
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1002 Posts

Profile of NFW
Why still in the box?
mndude
View Profile
Special user
880 Posts

Profile of mndude
Kind of a pain to set up. You have to ruin a pair of shoes to use it.
8a22a
View Profile
Regular user
Yorkshire, UK
157 Posts

Profile of 8a22a
Quote:
On 2013-01-08 11:53, mndude wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-01-08 09:05, 8a22a wrote:

Please do. I spent a fortune on Electric Touch, and it's still in the box.

I received Power Experts yesterday. I'm not sure of the exact setup for Electric Touch but it probably works on the same principle.

Took 10 mins to setup out of the box. It does attach to your shoes but doesn't require a permanant modification.

I like it, but function is a bit a hit and miss. Works great on a metal floor. Smile
8a22a
View Profile
Regular user
Yorkshire, UK
157 Posts

Profile of 8a22a
Additional: after using it a while it seems the secondary switch has stuck on and it working when it's not to supposed to, so I don't really trust it anymore. Also when you get a very good circuit, it's uncomfortably painful giving you a proper jolt, but on most normal floors it doesn't work at all.

So in conclusion, I probably wouldn't recommend it. Probably best going for the original Electric Touch if you can afford it.
George Bleeks
View Profile
New user
Belfast, Northern Ireland
94 Posts

Profile of George Bleeks
I have said this before somewhere and I know many agree with me but I don't see any entertainment or magic value whatsoever in giving a spectator an electric shock. It is another example of what gives magicians a bad name and why it can be so difficult to get volunteers from an audience. Spectators should be treated with respect. Without them, there is no magic. Also, I am sure an electric shock is not the wisest thing to give to spectators with certain medical conditions e.g. someone with a pacemaker.
One final point, in this litigious world we live in, the use of an electric shock is, at the very least, foolhardy!
George Bleeks
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
The shock is static electricity only. Pacemakers are not effected. I do agree about shocking helpers though. You can do a lot of other tricks, like light light bulbs.
James

Quote:
On 2013-01-30 07:17, George Bleeks wrote:
I have said this before somewhere and I know many agree with me but I don't see any entertainment or magic value whatsoever in giving a spectator an electric shock. It is another example of what gives magicians a bad name and why it can be so difficult to get volunteers from an audience. Spectators should be treated with respect. Without them, there is no magic. Also, I am sure an electric shock is not the wisest thing to give to spectators with certain medical conditions e.g. someone with a pacemaker.
One final point, in this litigious world we live in, the use of an electric shock is, at the very least, foolhardy!
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
8a22a
View Profile
Regular user
Yorkshire, UK
157 Posts

Profile of 8a22a
Quote:
On 2013-01-30 18:58, Xiqual wrote:
The shock is static electricity only. Pacemakers are not effected. I do agree about shocking helpers though. You can do a lot of other tricks, like light light bulbs.
James

I'm pretty sure the Power Experts version uses current electricity, which is probably why it's unreliable, it's either too strong or too weak depending on how good the circuit is.
8a22a
View Profile
Regular user
Yorkshire, UK
157 Posts

Profile of 8a22a
Made a few tweaks to my Power Experts and fitted some new batteries and it now works great. Smile
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
That would not work. It would just shock you every time you went from grounded to ungrounded. The amount of current would have to be run through a capacitor. Have you ever been shocked by those throw away flash units? OUCH!!! They all use negative ion generators for static charge.
James

Quote:
On 2013-01-31 03:55, 8a22a wrote:
Quote:
James

I'm pretty sure the Power Experts version uses current electricity, which is probably why it's unreliable, it's either too strong or too weak depending on how good the circuit is.
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
8a22a
View Profile
Regular user
Yorkshire, UK
157 Posts

Profile of 8a22a
I think it must be static actually, you can get paper etc to stick to your hands. Smile

BTW with brand new batteries, PE even works well through carpet.

Quote:
On 2013-02-01 19:37, Xiqual wrote:
That would not work. It would just shock you every time you went from grounded to ungrounded. The amount of current would have to be run through a capacitor. Have you ever been shocked by those throw away flash units? OUCH!!! They all use negative ion generators for static charge.
James

Quote:
On 2013-01-31 03:55, 8a22a wrote:
Quote:
James

Willard
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Willard
[quote]On 2006-04-23 18:34, TheAmazingSteveo wrote:
I purchased this from Yiegals site and the bottom piece broke ... they will not take it back and replace it nor will they refund it.
My loss ... NEVER again ...
I had the same thing happen to me only, they didn't even respond to my emails.
Willard
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Willard
I bought the Electric Touch several years ago, waited for the right shoes to install it, and paid close to $100 to have it done properly. I got home, slid it all together, looked down and the metal piece had cracked in half at the bend. I emailed the Yigal Mesika support twice and got no response. After spending close to $400, I never even got a chance to try it. Not impressed!!!!
8a22a
View Profile
Regular user
Yorkshire, UK
157 Posts

Profile of 8a22a
I decided to get Electric Touch Plus in the end. I decided to convert my trainers, it took a few days to get it just right so it wasn't too noisy on hard floors. Working great, love it. Smile
Masta Ace
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of Masta Ace
8a22a, what made you decide to switch over to Electric Touch? Was there something about power experts that you didn't like?
ko_brian
View Profile
Veteran user
343 Posts

Profile of ko_brian
Quote:
On 2013-11-27 15:28, Masta Ace wrote:
8a22a, what made you decide to switch over to Electric Touch? Was there something about power experts that you didn't like?

I had the power expert one, and I have to say it is a really cheapy version of electric touch (knock off). Ive got the ET plus and it is much better.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Electric touch (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..21~22~23~24 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL