The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » When you have their hands locked what do you do? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
joker 55
View Profile
Special user
England.
711 Posts

Profile of joker 55
Hi, when you have locked someones hands together then what do I do, for quickness, 5 mins, I have the encyclodpedia of stage hypnoses, which page can I find the method on if you suggest one,
thnaks
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Read the post at the beginning of this section.

You really don't want to mess too much with this stuff off of a stage environment.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
joker 55
View Profile
Special user
England.
711 Posts

Profile of joker 55
Why?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Because it belongs on a stage that's why.

90% of the tests is "anticipation" and you can't build this without the stage. Well you can, but it is tough.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
joker 55
View Profile
Special user
England.
711 Posts

Profile of joker 55
What if the croud is 5-6 people?
joker 55
View Profile
Special user
England.
711 Posts

Profile of joker 55
Also how do you learn if you have to have a croud?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Let me ask you how old you are. Just curious.

Either way I think I am done. you need to research this far beyond the Café' and what people are willing to tell you here.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Joker55, you seem to be taking your first steps without any grounding in what you are doing, which is like trying to do equivoque without having made a prediction, first.

Before you try to hypnotize someone, you need to learn HOW, just like you need to know how to shuffle cards before you learn how to be a card mechanic or how you need to learn to crawl as an infant, before you learn to walk and, later, to run.

Danny is right about the FAQ. FAQ stands for Frequently Asked Questions. Your question falls into that category. Take a peek at it. It may well help.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
joker 55
View Profile
Special user
England.
711 Posts

Profile of joker 55
I am 15, the people I am most likely to try it on are my friends and possibly family, I locked my friends hands together when it was just me and him, and I don't see where my question is in the FAQ,
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Joker most of hypnosis is about expectation, and credability. At 15 there is almost no way to build this.

For these reasons it is usually contained on the stage. Research research research. At least I read that some place.

Start researching. Read everything you can get your hands on good and bad. Every side of the arguement.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
joker 55
View Profile
Special user
England.
711 Posts

Profile of joker 55
Ok I will, my friends mam has been hypnotised, aparently she goes under very easily and wants me to try it on her, how shall I go about this?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I for one will NOT tell you. You shouldn't even try yet.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
joker 55
View Profile
Special user
England.
711 Posts

Profile of joker 55
Why I cant understand why,
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Again this is why I am not going to tell you.

I have said it may times, to me this stuff is like a "self authorising language".

this is the idea that once you are able to understand what is being said, you are entitled to the knowlege being conveyed. You are not ready. Do your research and your questions will disappear.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
joker 55
View Profile
Special user
England.
711 Posts

Profile of joker 55
So you are saying that I should read more, so you are basically telling me to look it up for myself?
Vanian
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, CA - Santa Fe, NM
154 Posts

Profile of Vanian
I think what some are trying to say is (and please don't take this wrong) at your age, you shouldn't just go get a book like encyclopedia of stage hypnosis and then run out and try it on your friend's mom just because she "goes under easily". What if you can't bring her out? What if something goes wrong? Do you really have the experience with hypnosis let alone the life experience to deal with something like that?

I think everyone is just looking out for you so you don't rush ahead too quickly with something you don't understand yet. With stuff like this, you can't just read a book in a couple of days, ask a couple of questions on a forum and then expect to do Hypnosis on someone...
joker 55
View Profile
Special user
England.
711 Posts

Profile of joker 55
So what else should I do?
Scotty Mac
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of Scotty Mac
Joker,

If you are truly interested you might want to seek out a working stage hypnotist and see if you can apprentice with that individual. Otherwise see if you can obtain training from a professional instructor. Reading will take you so far then you need to see it demonstrated and get some hands on time.

The main concerns with hypnosis are around the safety of the individuals that you will be hypnotizing and the personal liability that you might have if something goes wrong (volunteer drops to the floor and bangs his head, etc.). That's part of the reason that the answers are brief to the kind of question you asked.

There's also generally a pretty low tolerance in this section for people that want to use hypnosis as part of their mentalism routine or as a "neat party trick" to impress their friends.

Do the homework and people will be more than willing to help you.

Scott
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Joker55 here's why:

If one is going to be a stage hypnotist, then one should have the training to deal with situations which will happen - and those include something called an abreaction.

An abreaction is a reaction where someone reacts in a manner that is totally out of synch with the suggestion given. These reactions can include panic, screaming, running away, refusal to exit trance, crying, regressing to a younger age and a lot more.

If you don't have the training to minimize those events and to deal with them when they DO happen (and they WILL eventually), then you are doing your clients and your audiences a disservice and possibly damaging the client pool for the rest of us. You have to know how to structure your suggestions to keep these abreactions from happening and have the training to deal with them when they do, regardless of your precautions.

Without knowing what the most common triggers for abreactions and phobic responses are, you are going to have them happen. When they happen, they are going to scare the daylights out of you and your volunteer. They may also get you into deep and serious legal trouble - as in get you sued. And no one in this forum wants to see that happen to you or to anyone else, for that matter.

Get professional training, and not just from a book. Nothing beats hands-on, supervised training under a professional. Organizations like the National Guild of Hypnotists and the International Medical and Dental Hypnosis Association offer programs that will give you the background to deal with these admittedly rare occurrences and will also give you the professional credits that will allow you to get liability insurance for your hypnosis shows.

However, at age fifteen, none of these organizations will certify you, as far as I am aware. Sorry, but several states have pretty specific laws dealing with who can and can't use hypnosis right now and more are jumping on the bandwagon.

Sorry to be a wet blanket on this, but, this is a real-world concern, dealing with real laws and real problems that will happen if you do not have the training.

My strong advice to you right now is to read up as much as you can, go to every show you can get out to see and, when you are of age - get the certification and get the liability insurance.

Without it, you are walking a tightrope over Niagra Falls, blindfolded, as a first timer on a tightrope.

Safety first. Get the training and the background - for YOUR safety, if for nobody else's.

Lee Darrow, C.Ht.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
joker 55
View Profile
Special user
England.
711 Posts

Profile of joker 55
Ok, I will read up more, I am in england and I have never heard of an apprentice for hypnosis, anyone got any info?
also what books do you recomend to learn about these abreactions and how to control them etc.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » When you have their hands locked what do you do? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL