The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Check this out (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
magicneil
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of magicneil
http://youtube.com/watch?v=THyZ-ynSzDA&search=fism

I hope this link works if not go to http://www.youtube.com and search for FISM. Find the video called Big Card Manipulation FISM. This guy is awesome.

Neil Croswell
DerekMerdinyan
View Profile
Inner circle
1030 Posts

Profile of DerekMerdinyan
Everyone is beating me at these things!

I found another FISM (?) act on another site I'll post soon.

This guy is GOOOOOOOOOOD!

You have probably seen a picture of him with his jumbo cards if you haven't seen his act.

Derek Merdinyan
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
This guy put a lot of thought and hard work into his act! Wonderful magicians act!
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1197 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
YES I AGREE, WONDERFUL!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Pretty amazing handling of those humungous cards.... BUT... I would like to see him in non-western wardrobe.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
859 Posts

Profile of illusions & reality
Hi Neil,

Thanks for sharing the link!

Lou
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2006-04-15 17:12, Pete Biro wrote:
Pretty amazing handling of those humungous cards.... BUT... I would like to see him in non-western wardrobe.

Why? Not everyone is comfortable wearing jeans and a T-Shirt on stage!!
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
Just awesome!!!!
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
And let us not hear anyone say their hands are too small. After that demonstration there are no excuses. Smile
landon
View Profile
Regular user
Alberta, Canada
158 Posts

Profile of landon
Thanks very much for posting that video. I had seen a picture of his giant fan a while ago and had been looking for a video of him. That was incredible!
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
I know of the unblinking eye of the camera, but, I wish that he would quite his vesting hand or add better misdirection.
POOF!
magicneil
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of magicneil
Does anyone know his name?

Neil Croswell
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
It is a good act but it is not Marko Tendo (sp) or Earl Wilcox. Marko does the entire act with jumbo cards. Earl finished with two large cards fans three times larger.

I would like to see him learn how to sell the act better. But maybe it is just because of the poor quality of the video, it doesn't come across.

I thought his name was at the bottom of the screeen.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
ricker
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
914 Posts

Profile of ricker
Quote:
On 2006-04-15 17:12, Pete Biro wrote:

I wonder if doing an act nude would add or subtract points from total!

<ducks>
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
I totally disagree with with some of you and your critical view on the performance as I feel it was wonderful! Yes I saw the prep work at the vest but I also happen to know what he's doing throughout the entire act. He has to prep each fan from a huge packet while the other hand is doing split fans. While most performers (myself included) would produce the entire fan and then split, he's prepping packets for fans produced separate from the entire packet. Just wild! The last time I tried to do that, I looked like one of those subjects tring the "betcha can't do it" trick where you rub your stomach in one direction and rub the top of your head in the opposite direction. With split fans going on in the right hand, he can't move much one way or the other. Even if he were to start waving his left hand about, the focus is supposed to be on the right hand to begin with. A tough spot to be in but pulled off well.

As for the attire, well maybe a Mandarin style jacket would of been interesting but we have to consider his steals. If not that style a custom frock style/length coat? He is oriental, maybe a Samurai costume? I personally thought he looked fine in Western attire since we don't really know the venue in which this was recorded.

Richard, I know that Earl finished with fans that were about the size of this performer but it certainly, in my eyes, does not diminish this performance one bit. We're looking at two different acts here. I suppose if he had finished with fans bigger than Earl's you might of approved?

Quote:
On 2006-04-15 22:06, hugmagic wrote:
I would like to see him learn how to sell the act better. But maybe it is just because of the poor quality of the video, it doesn't come across.

I have no idea what you are talking about there. He completely sold it. No doubt about it. Geez! what does it take to make you people happy? Although the camera crew seemed to have a hard time following him with close-ups of one hand when he was visually doing something with the other, the video quality is great for internet video and the performance. It becomes apparent after a couple of bad shots that the camera decides to take a wider view as they have no idea where and how to follow him. Good choice or the viewing audience would of been starring at his ass instead of his hands. Slap that cameraman. If you're not sure what you are filming you don't zoom in to show the world nothing. Cameraman made false assumptions and was an idiot for it. The rest of the act - BEAUTIFUL! Fortunately the camera issue was just a few seconds.

I'm amazed and disappointed to see such negative review from any of you on this gentleman's performance which I found superb! I've seen many greats do similar work and if deceased, I've seen footage. Even compared to some of them, I don't care what any of you say as I feel this guy does a tremendous job. Whoa!

Maybe I called it as I've been in the shoes.
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
Taped performances (even HD) can't capture the excitement of seeing it live. No doubt if I saw his act live, I'd be on my feet shouting bravo!
POOF!
magic_man204
View Profile
Veteran user
north idaho
350 Posts

Profile of magic_man204
Quote:
On 2006-04-15 22:06, hugmagic wrote:
I thought his name was at the bottom of the screeen.

Richard

Too bad it was in chinese. If anyone can read this language could you translate his name?
limhanchung
View Profile
Veteran user
Malaysia
342 Posts

Profile of limhanchung
His name is Takamitsu Uchida from Japan. He took second place in FISM 1994.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Hug... what I meant was by "non-western" clothing was to wear something like Shimada or Chung Ling Soo... a colorful oriental costume. With custom made wardrobe you and build steal locations, etc. etc. that would be far better than the olde tail suit.

Remember Tenkai's wife Okinu? The final load (a 20 or 30-foot square silk) was in plain sight the whole act, folded up and on her back, like a parachute. It was never noticed as it looked like part of the costume.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
braddini
View Profile
New user
Kissimmee,FL
63 Posts

Profile of braddini
I havnt posted in a while and the first thing I see is this guy and all I can say is WOW!!!!
"I ate what?"
www.bradbreaux.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Check this out (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL