The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Clear Bicycle Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
This might have been posted on before, but this is the first I have seen of these. I have seen clear decks but nothing put out by Bicycle before. These are cool.

The way they have layed out the cards, you can DL the cards, and see through them.

Very cool. Fred Myers is where I found these.

RevJohn
4Jacks
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of 4Jacks
I found my at Target for like $4 ... they don't fan too well though
mysticcrh
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of mysticcrh
I've also seen many different colors out now that can be found at Target and other places. It seems that the US playing card co is making changes. However with these changes come some bad ones too. I just opened my new box of regular Bicycle playing cards and ... the card stock was thinner! I couldn't find a recent post on this here yet but hasn't anyone else noticed? Maybe it’s just the box loads of cards sent to Costco but man I’m not too crazy about it. I wrote an e-mail to them today and would recommend anyone else who has noticed the change to do so as well. I did read a thread that was posted a year ago saying the same thing... not sure what’s going on I just hope it’s temporary.
TannerJade
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
307 Posts

Profile of TannerJade
Really? Weird mysticcrh!

Anyways, I too have seen the clear cards! Seems like it could be good for some things Smile

Magically,

Tanner J
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Just playing around a little, they work well for the showing how you can see the cards through each other... making it really difficult (cough cough) to pull any trickery on the spectator.

They nodded (maybe politely) but a quick ambitious routine with these cards really looked neat.

John
JHodgeCMI
View Profile
Veteran user
Washington State
352 Posts

Profile of JHodgeCMI
I love the way these work with a DL and my mongrel pass is very smooth using these cards.

Jay
4Jacks
View Profile
Veteran user
345 Posts

Profile of 4Jacks
Quote:
On 2006-04-21 22:25, mysticcrh wrote:
I've also seen many different colors out now that can be found at Target and other places. It seems that the US playing card co is making changes. However with these changes come some bad ones too. I just opened my new box of regular Bicycle playing cards and ... the card stock was thinner! I couldn't find a recent post on this here yet but hasn't anyone else noticed? Maybe it’s just the box loads of cards sent to Costco but man I’m not too crazy about it. I wrote an e-mail to them today and would recommend anyone else who has noticed the change to do so as well. I did read a thread that was posted a year ago saying the same thing... not sure what’s going on I just hope it’s temporary.

I've used Bikes pretty exclusively for about 10 years, I haven't noticed a difference in the card stock, I can measure between an older pack though , lemme see ...

Nope... 48 Bicycle cards from the 80's are exactly as thick as 48 cards from about a month ago.. The ones from the 80's seem a little stiffer than my brand new WPT deck, but same thickness also, and they don't fan as well.
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
I was wondering about the special edition Vintage packs that were just released. The cards seem more flexible than standard bikes. But I haven't measured the thickness.

John
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
There are already a couple of very cool effects published with these.

All the best,

Nathan
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
And they would be found where?

Appreciate the head up!

RevJohn
TannerJade
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
307 Posts

Profile of TannerJade
http://www.nathankranzo.com

http://www.hismagic.com

I am not sure which published effects though Smile

--Tanner
denny_Corby
View Profile
Loyal user
PA
240 Posts

Profile of denny_Corby
I just don't like the one way backs on them. then you can reall you do cool things with the see through. double lifts and color changes look so much better. Smile
MAGISHAUN
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of MAGISHAUN
They are pretty cool, besides magic they are really good in Texas hold em...but that's a another subject
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Snidini
The card case they come in is really neat. Anyone know if these cases are available anywhere else?
Kaylan
View Profile
Special user
CT
758 Posts

Profile of Kaylan
Those cases are limited to those clear card decks.
magicbar
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of magicbar
Nice novelty, but not the most practical cards to do effects with.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Clear Bicycle Deck (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL