The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The April 2006 entrée: Michael Ammar » » Card On Ceiling » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Stephen Williams
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of Stephen Williams
Hi Michael,
I saw you proform at the Blackpool Magic Convention this year. The card on ceiling was simply amazing. After the show I ran off to the dealers and bought it. I just wanted to know were you put the wax if you are repeating the effect?
Thanks,
Ste
:bikes:
Michael Ammar
View Profile
Creative Spotlight Guest
83 Posts

Profile of Michael Ammar
I used the old bit of business made popular by Karl Norman, which was based on a gag by Ed Eckle, whose name is probably spelled different than that, but I don't have a way to check that at the moment.... but it is the gag of using an old tin of SUCRETS, the candy/medicine for sore throats, to hold a batch of rubber bands and a bunch of wax balls for doing the routine. The patter line is, "I'll show you one of the secrets..." and you take out the Sucrets box, for a tiny laugh. The tin version isn't really in circulation now, but they still use a box that looks like the metal version. Anyway, you reach inside to take out one of the rubber bands, and at the same time you secretely remove a ball of wax. This way you can be set to repeat the effect over and over without having to prepare anything.
Stephen Williams
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of Stephen Williams
Thank you for the help.
Ste
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The April 2006 entrée: Michael Ammar » » Card On Ceiling » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.023656 seconds, requiring 14 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [2] [0] [3] [8] [2] [1] [8] [9]