The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The April 2006 entrée: Michael Ammar » » Tricks that went wrong! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
Hi Michael... it is great having you here!

Have you ever had any moments during public/private performances where a trick has gone wrong beyond repair and you just had to stop and start again or move on to something else? Or have you always been able to improvise/get around this somehow?

Thanks in advance.
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
Michael Ammar
View Profile
V.I.P.
83 Posts

Profile of Michael Ammar
Wow, I can honestly say that everything has happened at one time or another. If anyone tells you they've never had to scramble on stage, then they haven't been on stage very much!

One thing I learned years ago was that certain performing styles give you more latitude for error than others. If you have this immaculate persona of the classic Tuxedo magicians, then every mistake will seem magnified. But if you have a personable or comedic style, then people might be just as entertained by seeing you handle a problem with grace than they would if everything went perfect.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4762 Posts

Profile of Dave V
"Sometimes one Secret isn't enough!"

Even under fire, I like how you can keep your cool. That's a sign of a real pro.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The April 2006 entrée: Michael Ammar » » Tricks that went wrong! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.026851 seconds, requiring 18 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[9] [7] [6] [6] [1] [9] [8] [5] [1]