The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review Request: InTact by Jesse Feinberg (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..10~11~12 [Next]
zhuanan
View Profile
Veteran user
383 Posts

Profile of zhuanan
Hi Guys:

Has anyone obtained this effect?
What are your comments?

Thanks
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I ordered it a few days ago. Nothing yet.
Paul Wingham
View Profile
Veteran user
Rustington, South Coast, UK
365 Posts

Profile of Paul Wingham
I don't know this effect but if memory serves me correct one of Jesse Feinberg's other effects pen thru arm, was a little dissapointing as the advert was a little bit liberal with the truth. I could be wrong and apologise if this is the case. That said a lot of people bought and loved the effect.
magicxman
View Profile
Regular user
142 Posts

Profile of magicxman
Yes, you are right. His Pen Thru Arm really disappointed me I will not order his trick again.
Paul Wingham
View Profile
Veteran user
Rustington, South Coast, UK
365 Posts

Profile of Paul Wingham
Quote:
On 2006-04-29 17:42, magicxman wrote:
Yes, you are right. His Pen Thru Arm really disappointed me I will not order his trick again.

glad I got my facts right, was a little concerned I had said something out of line or unfactual.
teevtee
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of teevtee
Many people who bought Pen Thru Arm (myself included) thought it was not a very well thought out trick and that the advertising was in fact VERY misleading. Many, MANY people complained about this. Jesse defended himself by saying that he did not intend to mislead anyone. He said he changed the misleading video.

When asked about this new effect he swears up and down that the description is EXACTLY what you get this time. Jesse seems like a nice guy though I am very hesitant to buy another effect from him after the Pen Thru Arm let down. I will be very interested to see how this new effect is recieved. If it is good I will in fact purchase it myself but I think I need to take a wait and see attitude this time.
MarvinSanRemo
View Profile
Veteran user
Santa Barbara, CA
317 Posts

Profile of MarvinSanRemo
Agree 100% teevtee!
jimesw
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of jimesw
I think the last post for this item got deleted because it was all speculation and no actual review (apart from the creator.)
Hoping this thread doesn't go that way and ends up being a review of the effect itself. There is already a thread on PTA if you want to review that.
Oh me, this post isn't a review already. I'll live with my double standards though.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I will post a detailed review once I've had time to test this out.
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1213 Posts

Profile of APC
Great...i look forword to reading your review
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1266 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Why not post when you actually have a review written??
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Adam should be the one posting reviews since he works at a magic shop. He should also be getting us all discounts.

Back to InTact. I received mine. I don't have any of Jesse's other products so I'm not sure how this compares to his previous releases. Regarding this release, you get two pages of instructions, a prepared tic tac container, and that special something to make it all work. Yes there is a gimmick, but your hands do start and the container can be examined at the end. The gimmick is a variation of a gimmick that has been used in another effect sold here by a regular Café contributor and his effect has been highly praised. It will take some work to prepare a gimmick that works for you but it's not hard to do.

You do not have to use the container the Jesse sends with the trick, but it has been modified to make the illusion look even better. You could use your own and the only modification necessary would be that you have to cut around the label so the white cap is easily removable to get the card out.

I have to try this out before I can give you a working review but general impressions are good thus far. The nice thing is that the container can be on the table from the beginning. Yes, the lid is on the entire time up until you remove the card and yes, you can see through the container while it's on the table and in your hand. That's what makes this so clever. In the interest of full disclosure, you will have to ditch that special something at the end of the routine but it will go unseen (almost literally). Also, you could do this with a borrowed container but you would need some time alone with it first.

I constantly use my Mystery Box and still think it's the best around for this type of effect. InTact is very nice and allows you to do this when you are too casual to justify carrying around a fancy wooden box. The nice thing about InTact is the visual nature of the appearance of the card in the box. It's clear right up until the appearance of the card and the hand holding the container is clearly empty before the appearance. There is more work involved than with the Mystery Box but the visual nature of the appearance is arguably worth the minimal extra effort.

Again, this is a pre-performance review so take it for what it is worth. I want to get several dozen test performances in before passing final judgment but as for initial impressions, I was not disappointed with this purchase.

Eric
Lynetta
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas, NV
111 Posts

Profile of Lynetta
I have one, but have yet to work with. However, Jesse showed it to me at Hank Lee's convention and he fooled me with it. That doesn't happen very often. I thought it was fairly simple and very clever.

By the way, Jesse is a very nice guy. Don't write him off just yet.

Lynetta
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
In the demo, he shaked the tic tac box and the card visually appears inside. And at another section of the clip, you can see him opening the tic tac box and taking the card from INSIDE the box.

Is all this achievable or is it like PTA, him showing what you can do with the gimmick again?

Thanks!
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
magicday
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of magicday
By watching the demo I think the gimmick have applied Ron Jaxon's Bill clear principle. You have to make it yourself to match you.
ClouDsss
View Profile
Inner circle
1799 Posts

Profile of ClouDsss
Quote:
On 2006-05-01 13:19, magicday wrote:
By watching the demo I think the gimmick have applied Ron Jaxon's Bill clear principle. You have to make it yourself to match you.

wouldnt that make the tic tac box unexaminable unless you do a s*****?
Think outside the box, cos people are all thinking inside now!! - ClouDsss
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
We shouldn't be discussing possible methods here.

As for removing the card from the container, I went back and watched the demo video, and no, you cannot remove the card as shown in the demo...at least not based on the instructions provided.
Lynetta
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas, NV
111 Posts

Profile of Lynetta
I can't find the demo video, so I can't comment on whether the card can be removed as shown. But as for being examined, at the end of the routine, the card and box can be handed to the spectator and examined. The performer does have some responsibility, this is not a totally self-working trick. Practice will be required.

Lynetta
teevtee
View Profile
Special user
963 Posts

Profile of teevtee
>>>As for removing the card from the container, I went back and watched the demo video, and no, you cannot remove the card as shown in the demo...at least not based on the instructions provided.<<<

OH BOY!!!!! Her we go again.

Alarms are going off in my head BIG TIME.

Are you telling me that the demo video shows something that cannot be done in reality? I mean if that is the case AGAIN then I am done with Jesse's stuff for sure. I hope I am either misunderstanding or that there is a mistake. Jesse took a lot of well deserved heat for his misleading and bogus Pen Thre Arm demo video. He latyer apologized and said he changed the video (though I have not viewed it yet). Jesse says that what you see on the InTact video is EXACTLY what you get. No ands, ifs or buts. Now if ater all of that he is STILL showing deceptive video then forget it... I mean that is just nuts.

Again, I hope this is a misunderstanding and that the video is truthful... can anyone confirm for sure?
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
This was one of the best tricks I saw at Hank lee's convention (together with the fabric manipulation products Smile )
I think it's very clever & it looks great in the right hands...

Rafael
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review Request: InTact by Jesse Feinberg (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..10~11~12 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL