The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » High Caliber Holster (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
koandy26
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
37 Posts

Profile of koandy26
Got it last week and showed with me today..
A must buy item for every occupational professional magican..!
mikekirschner
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of mikekirschner
I am very interested in getting the HCM. Am I able to add a
any more pockets to it?
HCM
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of HCM
Quote:
On 2007-10-08 12:36, mikekirschner wrote:
I am very interested in getting the HCM. Am I able to add a
any more pockets to it?

Mike,

Absolutely! It's not a problem to add, change, or remove pockets on either the Original holster or the Ricochet. I make every holster to order. So whatever special needs you may have, they can be addressed before it's made. Feel free to drop me an email, or call me to discuss any questions you may have about customizing a holster.

Joel Broock
High Caliber Magic
info@hcmagic.com
(818)312-2736
Joel Broock
High Caliber Magic, LLC
www.highcalibermagic.com
MikeHall
View Profile
New user
41 Posts

Profile of MikeHall
Received my holster from Joel last week and I am very impressed. The workmanshop is excellent, most importantly though it is functional used it last night for a three hour strolling job and loved it. Joel's service was also top notch!
Thanks for such a great product.

Michael Hall
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Anyone have the slimmed down Ricochet version? I just ordered it. Wondering if anyone had any thoughts on it?

Eric
koandy26
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
37 Posts

Profile of koandy26
Not only the holster, "Uno" is another recommanded item
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Quote:
On 2007-10-24 20:56, emyers99 wrote:
Anyone have the slimmed down Ricochet version? I just ordered it. Wondering if anyone had any thoughts on it?

Eric

I bought the Ricochet. It stores all I need for walking around. Two card decks. Business card holder. Wide open pocket where I keep my "Fast and Loose" chain. Sharpie loop on one side, TT pocket on the other. Two small accessory pockets and slots for four coins top it all off. To cut costs, they've eliminated the covers on the pockets (really only used for storage, they get in the way during use), and reduced the overall thickness by only using one side of each holster rather than both sides. It still has all the quality of the original, at a more palatable price.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I have been playing with my Ricochet for a few days and I am very impressed to say the least. I wear suits for all my performances and have always hated the pocket bulge. When I saw this advertised, I was skeptical but I'm glad I took the plunge. I was impressed with the quality of the holster and the packaging. The leater was softer and better quality than I expected. The deck holders were a perfect fit right out of the box. No difficulty removing the decks.

I plan to put this into action next weekend and I'm looking forward to it. Truly invisible and comfortable to wear. I just wish I had given some more thought to my current act before ordering as I can think of a few modifications that would have been a great addition to the holster for my purposes.
bobbyk
View Profile
Special user
Florida
683 Posts

Profile of bobbyk
Just talked with Joel at High Caliber yesterday and placed an order for the "Derringer".

Joel was extremely helpful when it came to designing the Holster to fit my needs. I am looking forward to it's arrival within a couple of weeks or so.

I wasn't aware of High Caliber until just the other day... I think this is exactly what I have been looking for.

Best,
Bobby
bobbyk
View Profile
Special user
Florida
683 Posts

Profile of bobbyk
Okay, I received my High Caliber Holster the "Derringer" model. "WOW" sums it up nicely but I thought a few more comments were called for.

I had to write to say it's unbelievable! I never thought it would fit as well and actually hide under a simple overshirt as well as it does. Oh sure, one hopes for the magical best but is usually in some way, even if only in a small way, disappointed when ones hopes are so high... I can say that this meets and exceeds all of my expectations!!!

How many times after opening something, before even reading the booklet that came with it, have you felt the urge to write the company carrying on about their product? (in a positive way Smile)

The derringer is the small model as the name would imply but I can carry 3 decks of cards, a jigger for a chop routine, along with a lime and small airplane bottle of booze for loads and a Kennedy Mystery box. The Jigger, load items, Kennedy box all could be substituted with something else should you want. The pouch I use for my 3rd deck could also be used to carry something else if you wanted.

I should note that I needed to purchase & use some add-on's to make all this happen but I have never been able to carry all of this stuff before in such an organized manner and in a way that none of it shows and keep in mind, I am just wearing an overshirt over a T-shirt. Sure I could jam all of the mentioned items into a sports jacket but it wouldn't look or fit correctly and of course then there's the wear and tear on your sportcoat to consider....UGH.

If you need something like this, I highly recommend a Holster from High Caliber Magic.

I am really happy to have found this product!

Best to all,

Bobby
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
I received my High Caliber Holster the "Original" model and what can I say? Same as Bobby - WOW!
Doing strolling magic it's very difficult to have all the props in pockets and I need my pockets free for ditching stuff because I do some impromptu magic using things from people. I need my jacket and pants pockets free that's for sure Smile
"This is the most useful utility tool after the thumbtip" I totally agree.
If you plan to buy it, you will not be dissapointed because this is top notch material. It's hand made work of art.

Joel, congratulations and thanks for releasing this.

Cheers
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
793 Posts

Profile of Christopher Moro
Does anyone find the Original model to be a little on the bulky side, say, for a shorter, slimmer person?
bobn3
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, KS
718 Posts

Profile of bobn3
Christopher,

I bought the Ricochet for two reasons. Cost was one of them. I also looked at the pictures of the original model, and thought that if I really needed to carry enough stuff to fill up both sides of both holsters (the Ricochet only uses one side), then I am carrying too much (at least for me). The Ricochet was the best choice for my needs.

Bob Phillips
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
793 Posts

Thank you for that, Bob!
bobn3
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, KS
718 Posts

Profile of bobn3
You're welcome Christopher. The only change that I made on the Ricochet was to change the Sharpie loop for another thumbtip pouch. I can carry a Sharpie in my shirt pocket. It would be difficult to do so with a thumbtip.

Bob Phillips
bobn3
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, KS
718 Posts

Profile of bobn3
I should have said awkward to carry a thumb tip in my shirt pocket (carrying it would be easy...retrieving it would be awkward).

Bob Phillips
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
793 Posts

Right Smile

While we are on the subject, I am currently corresponding with Joel from High Caliber about some of the needs I have and would like to try incorporating into a holster (should I discover that it is in fact the way to go). Anyone have any experience stealing coins into F.P. from the holster under the pretense of taking something else out of the holster? In my particular case, I'd be removing a purse frame.

I'm brainstorming ideas such as this for getting some custom changes to the holster to accomodate the material I already do.

Thanks everyone.
dbolan
View Profile
Loyal user
Carrollton, Georgia
274 Posts

Profile of dbolan
Quote:
If you need something like this, I highly recommend a Holster from High Caliber Magic.

Sounds like a unanimous winner. I am now browsing with confidence for the right model.

I see accessory mounts listed as a feature on the top two models. What does 'accessory mounts refer to?

Thanks, I am sure I am just missing the obvious.

Dave
"I didn't want him to feel that he could drive the lane with impunity."

- David Robinson
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
793 Posts

Accessory mounts were grommets at the bottom of the holster, but I think are now rings hanging at the bottom from either side and the center back for hanging whatever it is you may need to hang.
dbolan
View Profile
Loyal user
Carrollton, Georgia
274 Posts

Profile of dbolan
[/quote]
I bought the Ricochet. It stores all I need for walking around. Two card decks. Business card holder. Wide open pocket where I keep my "Fast and Loose" chain...

Would this wide open/4" piuch pocket carry a third deck of cards?

Thanks,
Dave
"I didn't want him to feel that he could drive the lane with impunity."

- David Robinson
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » High Caliber Holster (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL