The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Sean Bogunia's Dancing Hank Act (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jimmy Lee
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
682 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Lee
Anyone has this?

I am rather interested in his complete Act which retails at $1,225.

Please let me know if it is as amazing as marketed/claimed.

Thanks. Smile
Magically Yours,

Jimmy...
a guy from a tropical island in South East Asia
..oops...where did he disappeared to????
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I know Sean and have seen his award winning act, in various stages of development. It is the most practical dancing hank act that I've ever seen. He has even performed a version of it in living rooms!

Angle problems would be one reservation. The audience must be in front of you, not to your sides. You must also take care not to drop the electronic devices onto a hard surface. Any electronic device can be damaged that way.

If he says that the act is good for a certain set of conditions, you can believe it!
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1268 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
I have seen this act performed by another magus and I believe it performs very well for children if it is framed correctly. If you choose to get the act I suggest searching carefully for the right music. The act I saw was performed to the pink panther theme and was simply mesmerizing. I hated, and I mean HATED that I had to follow this fellow's act. He simply blew my little few TRICKS out of the water. And this wasn't for a competition. If it had been I would have just refused to compete. It is an excellent act and nearly hypnotizing for the children. If you can afford it and it fits your show, I say get the whole thing. Never know, it may become your new closer.

Samuel
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
Jimmy Lee
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
682 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Lee
Thanks for the comments guys.

Any more views out there?

Must this be perform on stage and the audience must not be too close to the performer?
Magically Yours,

Jimmy...
a guy from a tropical island in South East Asia
..oops...where did he disappeared to????
Joao Miranda
View Profile
Elite user
Portugal
441 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda
Sean is now registered in the forum. Smile
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I would only caution that if you have never seen or owned the Ultimate Dancing Hank and are unfamiliar with its performance conditions, that is a lot of mony to spend for something (I realize that it is far more than just the UDH and a routine. You get UDH, Impossible, and Animation and the routine... ) but it has taken me far longer to learn the UDH, than it did to learn the original Don Wayne Dancing Hank. I guess I was a bit naive sinc eI knew the perfromance charastic of teh orignal hand, and it pretty liberal.. Stage/parlor, or closer would work wit that one. So I thought, this was simialr in that way. But I should have known it was totally differnet, and did not.

And although I fully acknowledge the increased value of the improved effect, and I had heard, but didnt really understand the conditions necessary for the performing requirements; Background, lighting, angles, etc. And even a wardrobe modification is required for one of the moves.

Please dont misuderstand me I love the UDH! But just I dont do enough Stage work to keep sharp and do it justice. And I have recently been thinking of selling it along with some of my other stage stuff. I have some things I would never sell under any circusmtance. This is one of those items. I like it but it doesnt work for my venue (Street), and I dont do enough stage.

If you do a lot of stage and are looking for a major componet for your show. This will probably work for you, but like any good effect, it requires practice - and for me at least, it is far more practice than I would have hoped. But if it was easy, everyone would be doing it! So maybe that isnt all bad!

Seeing Sean or any other competent performer do it, is nothing short of amazing - even when you know how it is done! Hwever some routines are all about presentaion, and very little about the mechanics. This is definitely not one of those!

As for where you can do it. You need a stage, but "Impossible Hank", lets you take it (what appears to be the same hank) right out in to the audience. So it is more than the UDH.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5952 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
You can reach Sean at dancinghank.com.
Joao Miranda
View Profile
Elite user
Portugal
441 Posts

Profile of Joao Miranda
Or by private message, since he is already registered in this forum.

Regards
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Sean Bogunia's Dancing Hank Act (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL