The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Review: Meant To Be - John Born's Book On The Any Card Any Number Plot (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
John Born
View Profile
Veteran user
390 Posts

Profile of John Born
Hey guys -

Thanks for the kinds words.

Small announcement - I have three books with a small defect on the inside (first page). I am gong to sell these for $40 postpaid. PM me if interested.

Best,

John B
ererer
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of ererer
Someone mentioned a while back on this post that there was a perfect version for table hopping? I have read the whole book now but I don't think one specific method was given for table hoppers. The particular name of the effect would suffice thank you! Great book
organicmagician
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
345 Posts

Profile of organicmagician
This book is stunning, beautifully assembled and one of the best books on magic I own. I love the effect - since I already use the Aronson stack, I was able to perform this effect almost immediately. I think I will have the handling down in a few weeks or months.

Anyone who appreciates books will enjoy the care that went into this production. The physical product is gorgeous, as described above. I love the paper, the binding and the cover. A class act. This is one of those items that will sell for $300 a few years after it goes out of print. I'm thinking of buying a few more just as an investment.

This is now near the top of the list of the things I wish no one else had. I'm going to have to get John's first book right away. Anyone who loves card magic that doesn't have this in their collection will deeply regret it.
GarySumpter
View Profile
Special user
UK
857 Posts

Profile of GarySumpter
Hi Guys,

Do any of you know if any of the dealers at Blackpool Convention in a few weeks will have this? I am thinking of buying it alongside pnemonica.

Many Thanks

Gary
ruland
View Profile
New user
Munich / Germany
1 Post

Profile of ruland
Hi all,
I also really like this book which is a masterpiece on the ACAAN effect. I'm currently working on this for some time but I really have problems in getting the break naturally.

The idea of rubber bands was mentioned several times and I like it because it secures the card box unless the cards are released.

But: if you want to do this effect without any additional rubber bands, how do you do it? who is performing this effect without rubber bands and how do you get the break without staring at the box?

Have a nice day!
Tobias
organicmagician
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
345 Posts

Profile of organicmagician
I just started doing this, but I have been performing it a lot in a casual setting to nail down the presentation and handling.

Others probably have a lot better advice (and John posts on here, so maybe he will chime in)...

But,

I found its all much easier with as new a deck as possible. Also, I'm not sure if he suggests this method in the book, but I get/hold the spot with my thumb nail. I have a couple presentational points that facilitate getting where you need to be without (obvious) staring, but I don't want to come too close to tipping the method, so PM me if you want details.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
Well I just right now ordered my copy of Meant To Be and I'm looking forward to reading it. I will post a comment too when I get it and have read it. From what I've read here it sounds great. I'm excited.

Good magic to all,

Eric

Posted: Mar 10, 2009 1:59am
This is a good tip for anyone performing this effect. I just found a Sharpie White paint pen! It works great for what is needed and I thought this might help someone. I got mine at a hobby store and it works much better than a marker.

Good magic to all,

Eric
Eric Woods
View Profile
Regular user
Kansas City
115 Posts

Profile of Eric Woods
P. 179

That's all I'm Sayin'!
jsereb
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of jsereb
Just finished reading this...highly recommended. While the emphasis is on ACAAN, it really goes into many other applications of some of J. Born's "systems" (for lack of a better word). Love his chapters on f****s as well. Skill level is on the advanced side but very well written, well photographed, high quality binding. Good for mentalists as well as card-workers. I'd love to see Mr. Born in action!!
Mentalism
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Mentalism
Hi John

when will you release your new book with your new ACAAN Version?

Thanks

Markus
hbwolkov
View Profile
Inner circle
2947 Posts

Profile of hbwolkov
Meant To Be will be a very hard act to follow. It is good to hear another book is in the works.
Northern California
John Born
View Profile
Veteran user
390 Posts

Profile of John Born
Hi all -

Thank you for you kind words.

Here is a quick update - I have a new book release that will be in hand in two months. More info on this will be released shortly.

The follow-up to Meant To Be is a separate project. It is well on its way, but will not be in hand for several more months.

All the best,

Best,

John B
mimo67
View Profile
Veteran user
France
322 Posts

Profile of mimo67
That's great news John ! I hope those releases will be as fast as possible ;-)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~MiMo~~~~~~~~~~~~~
drphil
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Profile of drphil
I thought the book was great,Can't wait for the new work by john. for me page 241 of meant to be was just what I needed.
Rpascual
View Profile
Special user
USA
668 Posts

Profile of Rpascual
John just wondering I won't need meant to be to understand your new book?
John Born
View Profile
Veteran user
390 Posts

Profile of John Born
Hi Rpascual -

The new book is on an entirely different topic. More to come on this...

Best,

John B. Born
http://www.JohnBorn.com

Posted: Mar 26, 2010 2:46pm
Hello all -

Within one month my booklet on the Modern ACAAN will be available. This exposes bar none my favorite solution for having a spectator name any card and name any number - and making it happen with all the conditions offered in Meant To Be and then some. I have actually been sitting on this for several years, and have finally decided to share its secret. Will keep you posted.

Best,

John Born
Andi Peters
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Andi Peters
I bet you've been keeping this under your hat, or should I say beret!
fyi2
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of fyi2
Jon I have meant to be and with your modern ACAAN does it still need the box preparation. That is the one thing that stops me with your ACAAN. However even with that your book is great teaching and a wonderful book to own.

Tony

Posted: Mar 27, 2010 2:55pm
Jon, just check your site and I can't find Modern ACAAN, has it been released?

Tony
Mentalism
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Mentalism
@ Tony as he mentioned a few before he will release it nex month in April I guess.

MArkus
doriancaudal
View Profile
Inner circle
1532 Posts

Profile of doriancaudal
What is going to be the difference with the MTB System?
Hands-off ACAAN - freely chosen card and number : http://doriancaudal.wix.com/miracaan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Review: Meant To Be - John Born's Book On The Any Card Any Number Plot (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL