The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Tricks I do (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Hushai
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
460 Posts

Profile of Hushai
[quote]On 2006-06-03 07:29, galerius wrote:
I got this last week my copy of "Scarne on Card Tricks", and I'm still flipping trough the pages...can I ask You which ones, in your opinion and experience, are the most effective tricks ? [quote]
I'm sure I've read quite a number of postings here at the Café in which people list their favorite tricks from "Scarne on Card Tricks." Unfortunately, I just made a quick search and could not find the exact thread I was looking for. Search for "Scarne on Card Tricks," however, and you should find lots of people's favorites. It's a beloved book.
galerius
View Profile
Loyal user
Piemontese Alps ( Northwestern Italy )
245 Posts

Profile of galerius
Hushai, You are right. Despite I am a "search button" regular user, this time I didn't do that, shame on me ; although, I must add, I was wondering about audience response more than tricks "You" like. I meant that by saying "effective", sorry, maybe I was too generic.
Just an amateur - as I am - question to expert cardicians Smile
Hushai
View Profile
Elite user
St. Louis, Missouri, USA
460 Posts

Profile of Hushai
Quote:
On 2006-06-04 06:53, galerius wrote:
Hushai, You are right. Despite I am a "search button" regular user, this time I didn't do that, shame on me ;

Galerius, I'm sorry -- I didn't mean to scold you for not doing a search. I just meant that I thought I'd seen a lot of comment here at the Café, in other forums besides this one, about "Scarne on Card Tricks," and that you might be interested in looking at some of those posts. I'm sorry about something else -- I realized after I posted that last post that the thread I was thinking of was not even ON Magic Café but on the About.com magic forums, a long time ago. I would guess that when a poster says that he or she likes a particular trick, that part of what that means, at least, is that audiences find it effective --? Although, sometimes what WE like is not at all what our audiences like ! Smile
galerius
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of galerius
Dear Hushai, don't worry, I know that You weren't scolding me, no apologies needed at all Smile
I did my little search and I found some advices, discovering some very good tricks ( e.g. Upside-Down Deck, mentioned by Vandy Grift if I remember well ; I like it ! ).
Quote:
On 2006-06-04 21:29, Hushai wrote:
Although, sometimes what WE like is not at all what our audiences like ! Smile

You hit the nail on the head...sometimes You like an effect while it leaves your audience cold. Yes, I know, it's a matter of presentation, patter etc. beside the bare method, but I have the suspect that some tricks work less than others. Maybe I'm speaking the obvious, but that's why I asked my previous question.
Ar_B
View Profile
New user
Hong Kong
40 Posts

Profile of Ar_B
Untouched - ETMCM #4 by Daryl
Overkill (Paul Harris)
All done by Presentation, Misdirection and Sleight~
We should concentrate on the effect.
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Lazy Mans Card Trick-Vol. 6 Harry Lorayne

Neither Blind Nor Stupid-Vol. 1 Juan Mayoral
tomrav
View Profile
Regular user
Middlesbrough,UK
167 Posts

Profile of tomrav
I love doing Gemini Twins. It is a real killer if the deck is made up entirely of blank cards except the Kings and Queens you are using. Once you reveal that they've stopped on the right cards, you then turn over the deck and they discover that the rest of the deck iis blank and that they are the only cards they could hoave stopped on!
galerius
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of galerius
I performed Red Hot Mama the ETMCM version, vol. 1 ; great response ( btw, maybe it's better to put the card in the box - or under a glass - after the first 'transformation' and not leave it on the table, to prevent someone raising the card and looking at it again ! It depends on how much 'respectful' is your audience ).
trickytrav
View Profile
Veteran user
391 Posts

Profile of trickytrav
I often perform rainbow deck which is a marketed effect of gemini twins same as stolen cards I think.This gets a better reaction than any trick I know.
"wow you must practice for hours" & "you could sit here all night and never figure it out" are two genuine comments I've got from this classic self worker.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Tricks I do (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL