The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Five Star Miracle Wallet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
2434 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Ken Brooke item. I am familiar with the workings. I am interested if anyone can attest to the quality of the wallet. In the ad it states that you can hand the wallet to a spectator to hold. Is this made similar to a Miller Miracle Wallet? And is it really made well enough that the secret isn't seen by a spectator holding it?
Thanks
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
2434 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
Anybody?
Baggins
View Profile
Regular user
london
148 Posts

Profile of Baggins
I have never heard of Ken Brook does he do good magic?
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Baggins, our Café member, Pete Biro, once wrote about Ken Brooke. You can read it here - http://www.stevensmagic.com/gemini/Pete%......lace.htm

You can also see an exclusive line of Ken Brooke's Signature Classic at Stevens Magic Emporium.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6524 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
What a wonderful article!
Check out FLAT PACK, a stunning appearing deck effect!

http://cameronfrancismagic.com/flat-pack.html

and VIVID, a strange and strangely commercial T&R card routine

http://cameronfrancismagic.com/vivid.html
robsigns
View Profile
New user
Southern California
71 Posts

Profile of robsigns
I don't know about the "5 Star Miracle Wallet" but I have a couple of the other Paul Stone/Ken Brooke items and they are both the best quality I've seen. Very well made. Very nice. Soft, cushy leather. Definitely top quality. I use both Nemo 1500 and his Kaps Wallet and they're both great. I don't know about the workings of 5 Star, but I can't imagine that the quality wouldn't be top notch.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
U.S.A.
15330 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2006-05-15 11:21, rowdymagi5 wrote:
Ken Brooke item. I am familiar with the workings. I am interested if anyone can attest to the quality of the wallet. In the ad it states that you can hand the wallet to a spectator to hold. Is this made similar to a Miller Miracle Wallet? And is it really made well enough that the secret isn't seen by a spectator holding it?
Thanks

Five Star Miracle Wallet is a type of Himber Wallet. The manuscript that Ken Brooke originally sent with the Wallet has a lot of great magic tricks that can be used with the wallet.

Being you did not site a web site or which wallet you are refering to, it is difficult to say anything about what you have.

George Proust of France made the original wallet for Ken Brooke. Stevens Magic sold a version that is different then the original. Now Paul Stone has released another version that is more like the original Himber Wallet then the original.

Repo Magic in England sold an exact copy of the Proust Wallet, it may have been from George Proust, but it was never stated. They called their version the '5 Star Wallet', Ken Brooke called his the Proust Exchange Wallet, if memory serves me correctly.

As far as giving the Walle to the spectator to hold, this is possible, if you know how to control your spectators. This statement does not mean, let them examine the wallet. You ask the spectator to hold out their hand and place the wallet on the palm.
Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship
pierredan
View Profile
Elite user
Dai Vernon's birthplace
447 Posts

Profile of pierredan
Has anyone purchase this wallet?

Is this the best himber wallet out there?

Any comments would be appreciated since this is an expensive item.

Thanks.
Steve Suss
View Profile
Inner circle
1038 Posts

Profile of Steve Suss
Back in the early 70's when I was 18 years old and visiting Europe I stopped off at Ken Brook's magic shop while in London. All I can say is he was one of the nicest and most gracious gentleman I have ever met. He made me feel like I was one of his best friends. He also did incredible magic and created some incredible items.

The moral of this story is please don't forget magicians like Ken Brook. He passed away many years ago but was a magician and gentleman that we could all emulate.
pierredan
View Profile
Elite user
Dai Vernon's birthplace
447 Posts

Profile of pierredan
Any comments on the wallet itself?
bronx
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of bronx
Just read Peter Biro's article on Ken Brooke. What a beautiful piece of writing, I was quite moved by it. And have now decided that I really do want to own the Five Star Wallet, if for no reason than to own something developed by Mr. Brooke.

Thanks for sharing his story.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
2545 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Where are these for sale? and any reviews
cheerz in advance
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
1768 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi guys,

The miracle wallet is in my opinion one of the best I have seen in a long time. I personally use one myself so can attest to the quality.

We do have about 5 units in stock at Alakazam UK so if anyone is interested, drop an email to the shop and either myself or one of the guys will happily answer any questions you may have.

Kind regards

Peter
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Five Star Miracle Wallet (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.192039 seconds, requiring 40 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [6] [0] [0] [5] [5] [5] [9] [3]