The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Cardtoon 1 or 2 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
cajmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Long Beach, California
235 Posts

Profile of cajmagic
Well...

Since the deck is not really used except as a prop - you could just send them through the lazer printer - who cares how durable the cards are at that point
Caj Brejtfus
CajMagic and the CAJ Deck of Magic Gaff Cards
Smile
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1431 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
That is what I did, just put them trough my laser printer and added a finish to fix it a little bit. Not really durable if you would scratch with your finger nail but it works for me as cajmagic said.

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
magicbern
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong, China
1192 Posts

Profile of magicbern
Quote:
On 2006-06-11 08:59, elbruno wrote:
Fart-toon is no longer available. From what I understand, they only printed a limited number of these decks and have issued no more.

Unfortunately it does live on in the seedy pirate copy underworld here in Hong Kong. It is printed on a non-descript card back and is marketed as Cartoon Deck - but is the exact copy of Fart-toon - stickman, taco, fart and all! Although I haven't bought one, it retails for HK$60-80 (which is around US$10).

I'm posting this not out of pride but shame that my country Hong Kong is guilty of such copyright infringement. I think the deck is actually manufactured in China but can't be sure.
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
694 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
If I had to vote, I'd go with the original.
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1080 Posts

Profile of Salby
I have all 3 (CARDTOON 1, CARDTOON 2, FART-TOON). I (and my audience) loves all of them. Obviously, the FART-TOON has to be for selected audiences, although nowadays, children of 7 or 8 years old find much humor in it and parents are laughing with them. I'd say you still need to know your audience.

I once worked in an all-inclusive hotel in the carribean and tabled-hopped for regular guests there at dinner time. Many saw CARDTOON 1 and asked to see him again. . . You can do the same effect, or change the deck to either of the 2 other decks. They thought my assistant, "Herbie", had many acts. It builds character to "Herbie" and I Smile

They loved the variety!!!

This is great for Magicians performing on cruises or wherever you will be seeing regular guests day after day.
LIVE like you'll die Tomorrow. . . LEARN like you'll live Forever!!
MKmagic
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of MKmagic
My vote goes to cardtoon 1.
JW Carter
View Profile
New user
Bucks UK
18 Posts

Profile of JW Carter
I have to agree that cardtoon 1 is the way to go personally.
fasr eddie
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of fasr eddie
Anyone know if Tamariz handling/presentation that Giobbi refers to in Genii mag this month is in print?
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
15096 Posts

Profile of joseph
Yup, I vote for #1 also....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
magiczim
View Profile
New user
Philly
67 Posts

Profile of magiczim
Card-Toon (the original) gets my vote. It has more of that Magic feel to it with the hat rather than a cannon.
"We live within the recreation of others" - René Lavand
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
theory11 Research and Development.
1220 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
#1 for me.
magicjack1977
View Profile
Regular user
Louisville, KY
194 Posts

Profile of magicjack1977
I have both and prefer Cardtoon 1. I just like the whole 'pulling the card out of a hat' thing:)
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
V.I.P. ;)
6444 Posts

Profile of Mb217
In this genre, what do you guys think of the Tenyo Magic effect, "Animation Card?"
*Check out my latest FlySki , Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at www.VinnyMarini.com Smile

"Not much new under the sun I hear but under the moon, well who knows, that just might be a horse of a different color." -Mb Smile
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Dan Harlan created this one - Animation Card. You can see a quick demo here
http://www.misdirections.com/johnson.html

I think I still like Cardtoon 1 for now Smile
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
PIPmagician
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of PIPmagician
I like Cardtoon 1 and Toony Angel but my wife and kids like Cardtoon 2 the best. Everyone is different.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Does anyone know how to put Cardtoon 1 back in order? I recently dropped the deck and now I'm having some trouble putting it back. I read on the instruction that to "reset simple put the Cardtoon deck in new deck order." Well, a new deck order is with deck face up, it's 13 Spades, 13 Diamonds, 13 Clubs and the last group is 13 Hearts. When I put this order to Cardtoon 1, it's not in the original order as the effect is wrong.

Can the owners of Cardtoon 1 please help? Thanks.
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Mülheim an der Ruhr / Germany
1294 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Quote:
On 2006-06-09 02:32, niva wrote:
Then there are also The Animated deck (Harlan - Tenyo) and Toony Angel (Maxwell)

where can I get those and is there a clip of it or can someone of you shot a demo of them?
does anyone know if fartoon can still be purchased somewhere?
and what about the "animator" I would like to see a demo too, and where can this be purchased from?

evolve: did you watched out to not only put them back in the right suit, also the right numbers? ace-king, ace-king, king-ace, king -ace?
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
PIPmagician
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of PIPmagician
Quote:
On 2006-09-08 07:34, Memory-Jah wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-06-09 02:32, niva wrote:
Then there are also The Animated deck (Harlan - Tenyo) and Toony Angel (Maxwell)

where can I get those and is there a clip of it or can someone of you shot a demo of them?
does anyone know if fartoon can still be purchased somewhere?
and what about the "animator" I would like to see a demo too, and where can this be purchased from?

evolve: did you watched out to not only put them back in the right suit, also the right numbers? ace-king, ace-king, king-ace, king -ace?

A demo of Toony Angel can be seen here: http://www.penguinmagic.com/specialorderproduct.php?ID=7229

Fart-toon seems to be available here: http://www.finalstop.com/magic/cardmagic/index.html
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Thanks, PIPmagician. You've helped - very much appreciated!
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
694 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
I have had tremendous success with Card Toon for quite some time.
And in sharing the joy that I get when performing it, I recently recommended this particular effect to a magician who was new to children's magic.
The feedback was as best as one could hope for.
"Come Back" the children said ... "Come Back"
*Smiles from ear to ear* ... EVERYWHERE!!!
So much happiness.
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
crdshark86
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
238 Posts

Profile of crdshark86
No comparison... get both! theyre only like 15.00 each anyways.
Ask me about Dan Harlan's Jam Sessions!
tanselkaya
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of tanselkaya
I own Cardtoon 1 and I would love to create a more personal version. Anybody with experience on printing on cards? So far I'm using a stick figure animation tool along with Photoshop. Any suggestions on other software?
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1431 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
You can use Flash to create an animation (52 frames). Then you can export the animation to single frames. After that you could print them on cards.

(OK, if you have problems regarding the last point, get in contact to me.)

Christian

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
crdshark86
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
238 Posts

Profile of crdshark86
Dan Harlan is now on myspace! Harlan fans check him out! http://www.myspace.com/danharlanmagic
Ask me about Dan Harlan's Jam Sessions!
emanmagic5
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
614 Posts

Profile of emanmagic5
Definalty cardtoon 2.i unfortatly bought version 1.
hctlam
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of hctlam
Both Cardtoon 1 and 2 got great reactions from my audiences, so I don't think there's much difference between them.
johnnyimpossible
View Profile
Loyal user
Omaha, Ne
235 Posts

Profile of johnnyimpossible
I have the Harkey book and you are right about what is in his book. I don't want to say anything bad about Harlan though. I don't know all of the dates who came up with what etc... It is a goodie as well.
mjb16
View Profile
Loyal user
Ossining, New York
208 Posts

Profile of mjb16
I HAD Cardtoon until I lost the deck :-( I have to say after reading this topic I think I have been inspired to go and buy it again. Thanks for the motivation!!!

Michael
Aspology
View Profile
New user
Belgium
52 Posts

Profile of Aspology
I also go for 1
Dare 2 believe in magic
docmagik
View Profile
Regular user
San Bernardino, CA
118 Posts

Profile of docmagik
The Tenyo version with the fairy gets my vote.

But I think this thread is just showing that which one you like has more to do with your personality and performing style than anything inherently better or worse about each version.

Except Fart-toon. That one just stinks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Cardtoon 1 or 2 (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.185800 seconds, requiring 102 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [4] [8] [6] [4] [2] [2] [4] [4]