The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Black Widow (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..7..10..13..16..19..21~22~23 [Next]
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1040 Posts

Profile of deputy
Any information on this? Is this like a M5 kind of thing? Thanks.
sailorphil
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of sailorphil
I am a Magic Shop owner that Darryl performed this effect for.

It is everything mentioned and more... it is that good

Is it worth 250 dollars? In my opinion, absolutely YES!

Phil

kwmagic dot com

Posted: Jun 4, 2006 8:49pm
I will buy one for myself and I already own the Raven X2, The M5, and a PK Ring.

As for in the store I will wear one regularly and here is my logic.

It can act in many ways as any one of the above items so I could easily demo many of the above effects with it BUT IT CAN DO a whole lot more, which none of these others could ever do!

Every magician in the store, that has viewed the BW in action. wants one. This is not a joke. I get calls every day. Is it in yet? Is it in yet?

We already have a waiting list in the store of magicians wanting this item because Darryl came in to the store and was demonstrating it after shooting footage for the DVD that comes with the BW.

The Black Widow is an incredible innovation and in my opinion very reasonably priced. Don't try to compare it to 40 and 50 dollar gimmicks. It is not in the same league. It is also, in my opinion, NOT for beginners.

If you are a working walk-around pro you will want to use the BLACK WIDOW.

I can give you this partial review:

It will take practice, you will not just put it on and perform it immediately, you will need to set it up for your person and practice, it is very practical but you will need long sleeves, effect is mind blowing, no reset, reasonably priced for what it is, from what I saw of the DVD it is very thorough.

Phil
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
12114 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
This sounds very promising...I am going to have to save and scrimp for a long time..but it sounds SO appealing.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1098 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
I hope I can offer some clarification about the Black Widow. Obviously I can't give too much away. But, if you've ever been uncomfortable with pulls or holdouts and being stung up you won't have that concern here - it's extremely simple and user friendly. It's about as complex as putting on your socks. It is very James Bond like in its workings. The possibilities are really endless. The biggest challenge will be to not OVER use this device. There was consideration and discussion as to actually showing the device in the advertising as we were so confident that people would be intrigued by the workings that that would in fact help sales. However, we decided against that in fairness to the purchasers who would most likely prefer to be able to fool their fellow magicians and keep the details a secret. It also runs the risk of just being exposure.

The Black Widow is very practical.

We are hoping to have a clip in about a week or so.

It won't be ready for about 3-4 weeks so hopefully this post won't get out of hand with speculation prior to that. Be aware though that each units takes a while to make so if this is something that you feel you can use - don't wait too long. I am told they can only make about 75 units per week max. The initial group is actually complete but they are working on the instructional DVDs now.

From my perspective this is the kind of elegant James Bond device we are all looking for in a device like this. Hope that gives some insight without giving away too much.

Tim Trono
tbaer
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania
1661 Posts

Profile of tbaer
Sailorphil, if you don't mind answering this question, is the Black Widow something that will last a life time. I just want to make sure it's not something that needs replaced from time to time, thanks. Tom
sailorphil
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of sailorphil
Hey Guys

Will it last a lifetime ? - with proper care it will last ( it is NOT a plastic toy ) - it is a precision gimmick, that has truly impressed me. The quality of the parts excellent and an top notch "magic" machinist was involved - so I assure you that it is well made. I am generally very hard on props, and known for over pulling, turning and stretching just about everything I own... if the Black Widow can survive me you will be fine, just remember it is precision and care should be used with it.

Phil
Jimmy Y
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Y
I understand that a long sleeved shirt or jacket is required, but can I roll up my sleeves before, during or after the move?
Nice to meet you Smile
Jimmy
sailorphil
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of sailorphil
Rolling up your sleeves is not recommended.

Phil
mistifyed
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of mistifyed
Any questions?

I'd be happy to answer them with out exposure of course. PM would be appropriate.

No question is a bad one. Just some questions cannot be answered do to exposure.

I will do my best.

Thanks,
Darryl
The Doctor
View Profile
Loyal user
Gallifrey
265 Posts

Profile of The Doctor
I have seen the Black Widow device and it is truly a mechanical marvel device. This is not as clumsy or as random as a Raven, but is a more elegant device from a more civilised age. I don't think you folks will be disappointed with it.

Posted: Jun 8, 2006 2:32pm
I've seen it, trust me on this. Paul showed it to me at the end of last year. It's a lovely piece of work.
sailorphil
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of sailorphil
The amount of noise created is all in the way you use the BW - some objects do "talk" more than others and I have found that changing my hand motion can reduce the noise to nothing.

The change is instantanious and as you get better with the unit you will be able to do the change in one clean sweeping action without hesitation over the spectators or your hand.

Reproductions are very possible.

Angles are a problem with most tricks - the BW is no exception although by lowering you working "table" ( back of hand, spectator's hand, table, your own hand etc... ) - you can pretty much perform surrounded. I am not saying that this will eliminate all angles but it will help when performing for a larger group. As long as the spectator is looking down.

I should mention "THE BOX" can be viewed from any angle without fear of exposure!

Phil
Chance Wolf
View Profile
Inner circle
I SCREAM 4 Ice Cream
2419 Posts

Profile of Chance Wolf
WOW! Just watched the demo! That is pretty *** cool!
5 stars from Wolf's Magic!
Chance
Creator of Wacky Wolf Productions & Fine Collectibles
A DECADE of building Magic and we're just getting started!
http://www.wolfsmagic.com
mistifyed
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of mistifyed
Sorry again Fellas. The edge of the sleeve(s) have nothing to do with it.
that's just my leather jacket. And I had this Jacket way before I started performing. With respect to all I am a working Pro and you need
to sit back and really watch the preview clips as a laymen and realize just how
powerful and truly magical the effects are.
Take this as a professional tip. After All, you are mainly performing
for laymen Right!. Although, I have truly burned every magician
with the effects the Black Widow can produce. NO JOKE!!
All they have said is "Where can I get One" every single time.

There is nothing GLUED to the edge of the sleeve.
Nothing at the edge of the sleeve. You can slide the sleeves part way up
and show nothing there. You can take playing cards up there.
You can retrieve, load the hand with items, steal or switch one item for another
in the hand. Steal , vanish, restore items in the spectators hands.
You are looking to burn the sleeves . All those shots in the preview are what
your spectators see. Like I said before, you are so clean you don't need to wash your hands with soap, or your for arms. You can fairly slide up the sleeves and
Show the fore arms of each arm. Nothing to be seen. This is all taught in the set up segments of the Instructional DVD that comes with the Black Widow System.
Your looking way to close at the wrong area.

Keeping the peace.
Darryl/Creator "Black Widow"
jimesw
View Profile
Special user
611 Posts

Profile of jimesw
The demos are found here:
http://www.kwmagic.com
You will need Quicktime to view them.
mistifyed
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of mistifyed
Go to http://www.theblackwidow.ca

There are two links for the clips.
There is a third link under the first 2 that states it is for people who have a mac computer. If you have a mac system. Use the "Mac" link.
Darryl
sailorphil
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of sailorphil
The box is 9.5 inches x 7 inches x 3 inches.

so you know, it would have to be a very small watermelon.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14448 Posts

Profile of Review King
It's got Paul Harris's name on it as an endorsement, so I'm thinking one someone sees this in action, we'll be wondering why it went for less than $500.

Key points to remember:
The black Widow is a sleek, compact, mechanical device that can be comfortably worn throughout the day under your jacket, long sleeved shirt, or sweatshirt.

The 30 second set-up is very simple, with just a single organic anchor point.
Incredibly easy to operate. Just move your empty hand forward and backward.

Instantly resets. It’s always ready to go.

Can also be used to vanish and produce objects on a spectator's hand.

Also includes effects using playing cards, business cards, and a driver's license.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Plymouth, UK
4305 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Any review on this yet? Im very tempted, bit its quite a bit for just a Utility as people are calling it. I know many working pros who have a whole act that costs less than this
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1628 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Quote:

On 2006-07-04 15:36, Christopher Williams wrote:

I know many working pros who have a whole act that costs less than this

Well Said,

Says a lot about the market today aimed at Wannabies.

For a hobbyist its an expenssive toy. as a pro you want to double your investment, OR get back what you've paid for it.
A Magazine is a bunch of printed pages that tell you what's coming in the next issue.
LBP MAGIC
View Profile
Veteran user
368 Posts

Profile of LBP MAGIC
Looks good.

I will get this. I guess I am a working pro wannabie huh????
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Plymouth, UK
4305 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Quote:
On 2006-07-04 16:08, Mehtas wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-07-04 15:36, Christopher Williams wrote:

I know many working pros who have a whole act that costs less than this

Well Said,

Says a lot about the market today aimed at Wannabies.

For a hobbyist its an expenssive toy. as a pro you want to double your investment, OR get back what you've paid for it.

Magic is an expensive hobby. I am lucky I turned my hobby into a profession years ago, however, though I say I know many with a whole act for less, sadly mine isn't :s. My close up act is worth probably over $1000. that's the annoying thing about having expensive taste.

To a layman, the Raven X2 accomplishes the same effect. Sleight of hand, can create the same effect. When telling people about this effect, the laymen wont describe word for word what happened. More of, he took a dice, and waved his hand over it and it changed into a coin etc.
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1879 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Who is selling this and isn't it a hold out with a special feature?
Steve V
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2040 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
What does "single organic anchor point" mean?

Chad
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4133 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Quote:
On 2006-07-07 09:44, Chad Sanborn wrote:

Chad

I know, that is so silly. Ummmmm...... your arm? Does your suit have to contain natural fiber? What about cotton/poly blends? Would 50/50 be enough?
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1628 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Quote:
On 2006-07-07 09:44, Chad Sanborn wrote:

That's what you pay $250 for Smile
A Magazine is a bunch of printed pages that tell you what's coming in the next issue.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Inner circle
The frosty North
9192 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Its where you staple your long-sleeve to your wrist Smile
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"

www.carcosa-collection.com
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1628 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Quote:

Its where you staple your long-sleeve to your wrist Smile

Ouch
sharpace
View Profile
Loyal user
227 Posts

Profile of sharpace
I heard it will available today, anyone got it please post a review. Thanks
ruijorge
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of ruijorge
Quote:
On 2006-07-07 11:47, sharpace wrote:
I heard it will available today, anyone got it please post a review. Thanks

Hello,

No, they won´t be avaiable today. The DVDs aren´t ready yet.
jfkkraemer
View Profile
Elite user
SoCal
481 Posts

Profile of jfkkraemer
So when is it going to be available????????????
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Black Widow (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
 Go to page 1~2~3..7..10..13..16..19..21~22~23 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.329291 seconds, requiring 92 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[9] [7] [4] [9] [5] [5] [5] [7] [7]