The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Magic You Can Make with Marty "Martini" Grams DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Marty is one of the nicest, most creative guys out there. His gaff card work is the finest. His card splitting DVD was excellent and he now has a new one out.

http://themagicwarehouse.com/hot1.html

The Floating Card - A very visual tricks.
Observation Test - How observant will you be?
7th Inning Stretch - Stretch their imagination with this.
No Sleight Card In Envelope - The title says it all!
No Gimmick Card Frame - You just have to see this frame.
1 Step Over The Borderline - A super easy to do mental effect.
2001 Card Across - Just about self working.
Ring In Tea Bag - A very unique ring flight with no reels.
Sands Of Old Egypt Children's magic at its best.
No Tug Coin Holder The best coin holder anywhere.
Bill in Bubble Gum An easy 5 to 10 minutes of fun & magic.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
thejohn171
View Profile
New user
Elsewhere
34 Posts

Profile of thejohn171
GREAT DVD just doesn't say it! The Floating card is worth the price of the DVD alone. THE Card frame is one of the best effects from a versitlaity (yes, I know, I cant spell) but its brilliant. The coin stand is one of my favorites and so is the ring in tea bag. Its all great go get it. now!
brooklyn
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of brooklyn
This is a fantastic DVD, with lots of practical material that can add greatly to any professional repetoire. Martini is one of the good guys in magic. Anything he releases is worth the purchase.
Majestic12
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
643 Posts

Profile of Majestic12
Great collection of magic here, something for everyone in my opinion. many of the effect are worth the price of the dvd and some were marketed by themselves in the past,

ie:

ring in tea bag
floating card

the bonus effect with the pocket calendar is worth the most !
Salby
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1256 Posts

Profile of Salby
Any other Reviews?????
You know how to make God laugh?........... Tell him your plans!!!
gman
View Profile
Special user
Lancaster, pa
751 Posts

Profile of gman
Salby,

Well worth the price. I think you will like most of the effects he gives and the bonus effect is worth the price alone.

Enjoy!

George
martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
548 Posts

Profile of martini
Greetings Guys;
Many Thanks for the kind comments, it humbles me greatly.
I am so glad that you have enjoyed the material, it makes all the work and time put into it very worthwhile.
Anytime I can be of help or answer any questions you may have, feel free to just ask.
All the Best
Marty
MarvinSanRemo
View Profile
Veteran user
Santa Barbara, CA
317 Posts

Profile of MarvinSanRemo
I agree with everyone here. I loved this DVD. I love the No Gimmick Card Frame. This DVD is filmed well, Marty is a great teacher, and its nice to make your own effects. Lets see a sequel Marty! I imagine you have many more wonderful ideas that could fill another MYCM DVD.
gman
View Profile
Special user
Lancaster, pa
751 Posts

Profile of gman
Hey Marti...Looking forward to your lecture at the Mingus Magic Shop.

George
martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
548 Posts

Profile of martini
Greetings Guys;
Marvin, there are at least 3 more dvds currently sitting awaiting finishing, or they may even be close to being done for all I know, they were shot last year.
I am also putting together two more to be shot later this year as well, and working on some new decks of cards to come out. Glad that you liked this one, thanks for the kind comments.
George, I am looking forward to that lecture as well, it is coming up. Right now I am in high gear getting everything situated for the Funarama convention which we run in Aberdeen, Maryland. That starts next week, thursday thru saturday. We have a great lineup of talent again this year including Maurice Roberts from England, Dave Scribner, Mike Schirmer, Almar, Paul Hallas, Scott Wagstaff, Donna Branham, Scott Correll, Ron London and more. If you get a chance, you should pop down, Lancaster is not that far away.
Again guys, I am really appreciative of the nice comments you have had for this dvd, I look forward to bringing you more material soon that I hope you will equally enjoy.
All the Best
Marty
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
Are the new DVDs Magic Makers products
P3
practice practice perform.
Majestic12
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
643 Posts

Profile of Majestic12
Quote:
On 2007-07-17 23:27, ted french wrote:
Are the new DVDs Magic Makers products

This DVD has been out for quite a while, yes MM. I really think this is a superb DVD with great commercial material.
Steve Oxford
View Profile
Regular user
Churchville,MD.
155 Posts

Profile of Steve Oxford
Yo Marty, what new items do you have coming out?? Are the new Bruno Canaldi items available yet??
When are the new DVD's hitting the market?? What new decks are you working on??
Just thought I'd pop in a few questions to keep ya busy buddy, but would like to know......
S.
martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
548 Posts

Profile of martini
Greetings Guys;
Ted, these are produced by Magic Makers. You can buy them direct from me or your favorite dealer who carries them.
Many of the DVD's have been shot, but it is not my call when they are released. For example, the "Magic You Can Make" dvd was shot before the "Art of Card Splitting" but was released a year and a half after the Art of Card Splitting was. The only one who can decide when they will be released is Magic Makers.
Thank You Majestic, glad you like the material.
Steve, see above as to why I no longer tell what is coming out until I have the items in hand. When I do not have control over the production of a prop or trick, I remain quiet until I can ship, then I let people know what is available.
As far as Bruno Canaldi's material, those items I produce right here, so I do have some control over the release dates, with the exception of a holdup at the printers, or the U.S.Playing Card Co. so even though I know what Bruno items are coming out I will only mention what is ready at time of posting.
Which brings me to one of Bruno's new items "Gypsies, Tramps & Thieves" this is from Bruno's lecture about 7 years ago, the cards are printed, the instructions are in and we are packaging them this weekend. They will be ready for the Funarama convention next week. There will be two more Bruno items there as well.
Also I do not like to mention a price and description of an item that I am producing here on the Café as I am not an advertiser here, so it is not fair for me to hawk my wares so to speak without an ad. Those who know me, know how to get ahold of me with questions.
As far as decks, The Rainbow deck should be out soon (again, I do not know the release on this, you would have to contact Magic Makers for that info) The deck was designed and sent in last year in late October, hopefully this will be released soon.
The other deck is still in the works, it is another deck of card gaffs that I am 34 cards into so far, as soon as the deck is ready, it will be sent to Magic Makers and then it is up to them and the U.S.Playing Card co. as yo when it is released.
The Magic market is not a huge market like vacum cleaners and such, and being small it has a limited market range. If you are producing something on your own, you are at the mercy of all the people making parts or items for your release. It is also very expensive to bring a trick to market today, unless you have the cash on hand to say just do it, you usually play a waiting game getting everything together. This is one of the reasons I have decided not to mention particular tricks until I have them ready to go.
On another thread, Greg Wilson was catching a lot over the release of his Freakey. I can really feel for him having been there myself. Orders placed direct through Greg are getting filled in the order they were placed. He obviously is not getting the keys from the person making them fast enough to fill dealer orders as fast as people would like, but remember(and I know I'm going to catch some flak for this statement) some dealers advertise an item before they even order it. It is always wise to ask the dealer if it is in stock now before ordering. I know in this day and age we expect things overnight, but magic manufacturing does not work with the wave of the wand and the push of a button. So cut Greg some slack he is trying to get them out as fast as he can.
Hope that has helped answer some questions for you guys
All the Best
Marty
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Marty,

just want to mention that your Card Splitting DVD has enlarged my scope widely. Thanks for this.

Andy
Cards never lie
martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
548 Posts

Profile of martini
Greetings Andy;
Glad that you enjoyed it.
All the Best
Marty
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, California
888 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
PSA, Magic Makers has all three Marty Grams DVDs as a combo on sale for $12.72 on eBay right now.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Magic You Can Make with Marty "Martini" Grams DVD (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL