The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Perpetual-Motion Coin Myth Contest (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Hey all coin men and coin women!

I started this contest in the FIRE COINS thread but I feared it would be lost.

If you are not familiar with The Perpetual-Motion Coin Myth it was published by Paul Harris and can be found in the Art of Astonishment book 1.

If someone can perform this with BOTH HANDS and send or post a clip they will be a winner! You can't use video editing.

I would like to offer a free DVD and my most current lecture notes featuring my favorite coin effect to the winner.

The hardest part will be getting someone to hit "record". : )

All the best,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Mark Williams
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
513 Posts

Profile of Mark Williams
Quote:
On 2006-06-12 21:33, Nathan Kranzo wrote:

If you are not familiar with The Perpetual-Motion Coin Myth it was published by Paul Harris and can be found in the Art of Astonishment book 1.

All the best,

Kranzo

Nathan, it was originally published in Paul Harris' classic book: "Las Vegas Close-Up"..which I still have in my library. I played around with this when I first bought the book. I could get maybe 3 revolutions at most. Your challenge of using this with both hands...is going to be tough. Hope you get a winner!
"Once is Magic!! Twice is an Education!!"
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Thanks for the credit!

I couldn't remember which book it was originally in and I am away from my library at the moment.

All the best,

Kranzo
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
1261 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
I hate to admit I'm that old but I talked to Paul Harris in Chuck Martinez's magic shop in San Diego many years ago when the book "Las Vegas Close-up" first came out. I whined to him about just how freakin' hard The Perpetual-Motion Coin Myth was.
He said "Don't hurt yourself. It's just a myth."
Nate, are you saying this can actually be done, sans gaffs of any kind?
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Yes!

It is possible for sure! The hard part is to maintain control. I can get it to spin pretty good but it always falls eventually.

I may post a clip if nobody thinks it is possible. : )

All the best,

Kranzo

KranzoMagic.com
danielrmk
View Profile
Regular user
200 Posts

Profile of danielrmk
I think you should post the clip either way Nate!
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
He said "Don't hurt yourself. It's just a myth."

This ain't no myth!

Mike
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Today wasn't the BEST day for me and the myth. : ) I could only get it to go three revolutions every time I tried it. You will get the idea from this clip though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bhbIpIYyTs

All the best,

Kranzo

KranzoMagic.com
W.F. Lewis
View Profile
Loyal user
225 Posts

Profile of W.F. Lewis
You may need another person to put the coins into place properly in both hands,unless you have three arms.
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Naaah.

Get three set up in one hand. Get two set up in the other free hand and then add the final coin that you are holing between your lips.

All the best,

Kranzo

KranzoMagic.com
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Then how do you start the camera?

Craig P
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
HAH!

I can't tip ALL the work.

All the best,

Kranzo

KranzoMagic.com
Mano
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of Mano
Hi Nathan,

I just saw your vid clip.

I did not know what Perpetual-Motion was untill I saw your clip; I indeed can do it with both hands at the same time and more than 3 revolutions and I can record it myself using one of my hand as well.

now the hardest part for me is to put it on the net, I have no clue have to do that and I have a very cheap camera.

thanks a lot for the video clip, it is really fun to do the Perpetual-Motion; it is not really that difficult.

be well.

mano.
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Right on Mano!

Any tips for those who want to do this magical flourish but are having trouble?

PM me and I'll see if I can't help you get the clip up.

All the best,

Kranzo

KranzoMagic.com
Mano
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of Mano
Good morning Nathan,

I do have a tip for you guys; first one, you gonna have to use your teeth for one of the hands; the second one, in my case I believe you will have more control of the coins if you place them in the very base of the thumb and the tip on index and middle fingers right on the first phalanges of those two fingers, and the third one, once you have them ready, just squeeze them a bit before you get the revolution and use your ring finger or either hands to push record. HAPPY PRACTISE.

Have a good day everyone.

Mano.

P.S. Nathan, I'll PM later, I have to run to work now, I over slept last nite playing with the Perpetual-Motion, but I had a good time LOL.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Mano for those that never heard of him is one of the most creative coin workers I know of. he is a rising star in coin magic and fairly soon his name will be house hold,
If you think perpetual motion is hard try doing the Mano Lift, it is a un gimmicked Raven created by mano and he also does this with both hands..
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
The day any coin worker becomes a household name will be a wierd day. : )

I look forward to seeing your magic Mano.

All the best,

Kranzo

KranzoMagic.com
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1272 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Quote:
On 2006-06-12 21:33, Nathan Kranzo wrote:

If someone can perform this with BOTH HANDS and send or post a clip they will be a winner! You can't use video editing.

I would like to offer a free DVD and my most current lecture notes featuring my favorite coin effect to the winner.

The hardest part will be getting someone to hit "record". : )

All the best,

Kranzo

I never heard of this. What is it??
PS, this is my 1000 POST!!!!!!!
YAYYYYY!!!
Inner circle. And I picked YOU to be my 1000 post bearer. This thread will go down in history as the thread that the amazing Cory Gallupe became Inner Circle at the magic Café.
:)
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
The day any coin worker becomes a household name will be a wierd day. : )

Then the weird day has already passed by as Slydini was a household name in NYC.

Mike
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Sure sure.....there are lots of local celebreties.......but you know what I mean. : )

All the best,

Kranzo

KranzoMagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Perpetual-Motion Coin Myth Contest (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL