The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Searching for a "Linking Ring" Parade effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

edhagins
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of edhagins
I used this Forum as my question concerns The Linking Ring magazine.
My apologies if this is not the correct Forum.
I remember an effect in the Parade sometime in the past couple of years that used three "Coloring Book" type tablets and three spectators to do a slot machine type prediction.
Now , that's the way I remember it, but maybe I just thought 'what a good idea' for doing a slot machine routine. In any case it used the "Coloring Book" principle to effect a prediction.
Can anyone help me in locating which issue of the Linking Ring to look for?
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4826 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Hi Ed,
I just replied to your post on Ring 2100. I don't know about the Slot Machine routine but I have heard of people using it as a "Three Kid Monte" with volunteers from the audience.

Maybe someone here will know the source.

David
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Fredrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle
246 Posts

Profile of Fredrick
Quote:
On 2006-06-15 18:02, edhagins wrote:
I remember an effect in the Parade sometime in the past couple of years that used three "Coloring Book" type tablets and three spectators to do a slot machine type prediction.
Can anyone help me in locating which issue of the Linking Ring to look for?

Hi Ed,

Good memory for the effect. The magazine was Magic not the Linking Ring. It was in Jim Steinmeyer's column, Conjuring. It can be found in his Conjuring Anthology that was recently released.

All the best in your magic ~ Fredrick
"Try to find the humanity in the magic and maybe you'll come up with something of your own. It's the humanity that gets you there, not techniques." Michael Moschen on Creativity
edhagins
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of edhagins
Thanks guys for the response.
Fredrick, I'll start looking in my Magic back issues.
Thanks again.
Ed
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The International Brotherhood of Magicians! » » Searching for a "Linking Ring" Parade effect (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2018 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL