The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2006 entrée: Sylvester the Jester » » Just Sylvester » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Sylvester the Jester
View Profile
V.I.P.
132 Posts

Profile of Sylvester the Jester
That's the Guy! Stan Freberg. I even forget my girlfriends name sometime! Actually Stan did't get to do the voice of Cecil on the Beany and Cecil TV show , he did the voice of Cecil on "Time for Beany and Cecil" the live action puppet show." That preceded the TV show. He is a great Talent. And didn't get credit for his work at warner Bros.

Dan
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
It's amazing how little I can say in
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Quote:
On 2006-06-18 00:08, Sylvester the Jester wrote:
That's the Guy! Stan Freberg. I even forget my girlfriends name sometime! Actually Stan did't get to do the voice of Cecil on the Beany and Cecil TV show , he did the voice of Cecil on "Time for Beany and Cecil" the live action puppet show." That preceded the TV show. He is a great Talent. And didn't get credit for his work at warner Bros.

Dan

You are right- I was mistaken - Stan Freberg voiced Dishonest John on the cartoon.

John Kricfalusi did a weird take on Beany & Cecil in the late 1980's that didn't last long, however I did manage to tape them, and do still watch them from time to time.
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
MagikDavid
View Profile
Loyal user
Cincinnati, OH
297 Posts

Profile of MagikDavid
Welcome Dan!

Having been a fan of Daffy Duck most of my life, I now understand why your routine is so fun to watch. You have managed to capture his madcap, exagerrated character... with your performance. I love it! Don't ever change it.

My love for Daffy stems from the following: Even though he's an obnoxious, wisecracking, overbearing jerk (just like many people I've known and worked with through the years)... I know that before the cartoon's over, he'll get his well-deserved punishment (i.e., feathers blown off... beak knocked off onto the ground, etc.)

Dave
One good thing about being wrong...
Is the pleasure it brings to others.
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Favorite Daffy line ever:
"I may be a craven little coward, but I'm a greedy craven little coward."
Never criticize someone else until you have walked a mile in their shoes. Then, when you do criticize them, you will be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes.
Corey K
View Profile
Special user
Rhode Island
502 Posts

Profile of Corey K
Alcohol isn't a good thing to abuse, but skydiving certainly is. It probably won't help much with your success, but man is it a blast.
Corey King
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1937 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
I agree with Corey K.
Abusing alcohol is not a good thing to do.
But abusing skydiving IS a blast.
Whenever the world's greatest actors have abused skydiving (Wiley Coyote comes to mind) usually all that happens is a series of rather high bounces or at worst a small hole in the ground with a nuclear like mushroom cloud that doesn't even impact the environment.
On the other hand, I have seen alcohol used to completely "rub out" some of the greatest actors to ever grace the celluloid stage.
Peace,
Parson

BTW: It has just occured to me that we have ironically overlooked one of the four-fingered greats... Sylvester the Cat.
Parson
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
DaiBato
View Profile
Veteran user
310 Posts

Profile of DaiBato
It is a disgrace that no producer has offered you your own kids' show or special on network or cable. Creativity is feared in Hollywood; no one dares to take a chance anymore because film and TV have become so expensive to produce. Where are the risk takers in Hollywood?

I'm a Special Ed. teacher, so my contacts in show business are limited at best. Surely someone on the Magic Café knows someone who knows someone who could look at Sylvester's demo tape or catch his show and have the clout to, at the very least, get a friggin' pilot produced.

Any takers?

Dai Bato
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Slyvester should be the spokesman for the cartoon network
Moyle with Parkinsons
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
281 Posts

Profile of Moyle with Parkinsons
Way, way back in this thread I saw a mention of "The great piggy bank robbery" I would just like to say this is the dambed funniest cartoon I have ever seen I loved this as a kid and loved it now. GO DAFFY!

Moyle
"Signatures cause far too much trouble!" an original quote by Moyle With Parkinsons.
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1937 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
Factoid: Mel Blanc was allergic to carrots.
+++a posse ad esse+++
Sylvester the Jester
View Profile
V.I.P.
132 Posts

You think the Great Piggy bank robbery is funny? You should see "Baby Bottleneck"
its a screem. Or Gruesome Twosome!

DS.
Moyle with Parkinsons
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
281 Posts

Profile of Moyle with Parkinsons
What is the storyline for baby bottleneck again? Perhaps I am just misplacing the title and the cartoon.

Moyle
"Signatures cause far too much trouble!" an original quote by Moyle With Parkinsons.
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1937 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
Dan,
I really loved a Gruesome Twosome.
Was this the first time that Tweety was on film?
Peace,
Parson
+++a posse ad esse+++
Marvello
View Profile
Inner circle
1612 Posts

Profile of Marvello
Quote:
On 2006-06-18 21:43, Moyle with Parkinsons wrote:
What is the storyline for baby bottleneck again? Perhaps I am just misplacing the title and the cartoon.

It's the start of the Baby-Boom, and the overworked delivery system is full of glitches: Mother Goose gets a baby skunk, a Scotty dog gets a little hippo, and Mr. and Mrs. Mouse wind up with a kitten. To clear up the confusion, Porky Pig is brought in to manage the factory, with Daffy Duck as his assistant. When a stray egg is found without an address, Porky decides to have Daffy sit on it until it hatches. However, Daffy (nor Porky, for that matter) wants to sit around on top of an egg. Porky chases Daffy around the factory, until they wind up trapped on the conveyor belt. The belt winds up stuffing both of them into one package (with Porky as the legs and Daffy as the top half) and send them off to Africa, where a gorilla is waiting for her arrival. When the gorilla looks at the 'baby', Porky peeks through the diaper, causing the gorilla to cry on the telephone to a call-in therapist.

Quote:
On 2006-06-18 21:50, Parson Smith wrote:
Dan,
I really loved a Gruesome Twosome.
Was this the first time that Tweety was on film?
Peace,
Parson

It was tweety's 3rd appearance. His first was with Babbit and Catstello in "A Tale of Two Kitties," and on the original model sheet tweety was named "Orson."

Here is a shot of tweety in Gruesome Twosome:

Here is another great shot from Gruesome Twosome - it reminds me of something you might see in Sylvester's act:
Sylvester the Jester
View Profile
V.I.P.
132 Posts

Where do you get those stills? Those are great! I actually would love to create a scene on stage like this with a female assistant. "Please excuse us...were having a little spat."

Dan
MagikDavid
View Profile
Loyal user
Cincinnati, OH
297 Posts

Profile of MagikDavid
Hey guys...

The funniest Daffy moments I remember is one that I saw about 25 years ago. Maybe someone can shed some light on the title of the toon... Daffy is being chased and shot at by (I believe), Elmer Fudd. Anyways, they both run on board a cruise ship, Elmer shooting and barely missing Daffy constantly... then the ship pulls anchor and moves out to sea... Elmer stops mid-deck as he realizes the ship is swaying from side to side, then his face begins to turn green (I mean, you could just feel how sick he was becoming)... Daffy, (knowing that he's no longer in danger) swaggers up to Elmer with his hand on his hip, and with his other hand, pulls out a piece of meat and dangles it in front of Elmer, as he says, "How 'bout some pickled pork fat?" Immediately, Elmer drops his gun and runs to the far side of the boat where he hangs his head over the rail to throw up.

When I saw this as a kid, I laughed so hard, I wet myself. I'd love to know the title so I could see it again. Maybe I could wet myself again for old time's sake!

Dave
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1937 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
Quote:
On 2006-06-19 00:13, MagikDavid wrote:
I laughed so hard, I wet myself.

Dang, Brother. I don't think I'da told that. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
MagikDavid
View Profile
Loyal user
Cincinnati, OH
297 Posts

Profile of MagikDavid
Parson,

You're probably right... but can't you cut me some slack? After all, I was just a kid.

That was probably the hardest I ever laughed in my life (with maybe the exception of the movie, "The Jerk" with Steve Martin.

Dave
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1937 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
Your answer made me laugh so hard that I wet MYSELF.
But don't tell anyone. That BIRD lover would probably laugh at me.
Embarrassed,
Parson
+++a posse ad esse+++
Sylvester the Jester
View Profile
V.I.P.
132 Posts

The funniest cartoon Ive ever seen is a toss up between the banned Ren and Simpy episode, Mans best friend and an old Tex Avery , Droopy cartoon. I cant remember the name but the premis is; Droopy is a Sheriffs deputy and he's supposed to guard the safe while the Sheriff takes a nap. It would take a while to explain whats so funny about it . But when I saw it I laughed so hard I wet someone elses pants.

Dan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The June 2006 entrée: Sylvester the Jester » » Just Sylvester » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL