We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Jerry Andrus' Linking Pins (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mesquita
View Profile
Special user
916 Posts

Profile of Mesquita
I know...one more time...

I searched, but did not find what I want...

WHERE CAN I GET THIS LINKING PINS ?????

Please, help me! Smile

Thanks,

all the best,

Mesquita
"Siempre somos tres me acompaña la luna y me sigue mi sombra" René Lavand
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4730 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
You can't -- at least not at the moment. There was a set on a famous auction site not too long ago, but I rarely see them pop up. I have a set, and they are as good as their reputation. In March I heard from Chuck at Chazpro that they are planning to re-release this eventually but do not have a release date set. They are working on the book and still looking for someone to make the pins. With any luck they'll be back on the market within a year.
Mesquita
View Profile
Special user
916 Posts

Profile of Mesquita
Thanks Magiguy!
"Siempre somos tres me acompaña la luna y me sigue mi sombra" René Lavand
jdbach
View Profile
Regular user
Southeast
172 Posts

Profile of jdbach
Did you locate a source for the pins?
Dynomite Magic
View Profile
New user
Grand Rapids, MI
40 Posts

Profile of Dynomite Magic
Mesquita

I believe my friends at Hippity Hop Magic might have a set. Check out http://www.hippityhop.com
The website is brand new, so I doubt that it's on there yet! But give them a call. Personally, I think that The Linking Safety Pins by Bruce Bernstein is stronger. The pins are ungimmicked and can be examined by spectators! I hope this helps!

Jeff
jakeg
View Profile
Special user
929 Posts

Profile of jakeg
I have a set of Andrus' linking pin in the original envelope with the instructions. I've been going through my 'stuff' that I haven't looked at for the last twenty years and came across them. I'm getting the house ready for an eventual sale so I'm cleaning out what I no longer want or intend to use. If you're still interested in the pins we can work out some sought of trade. Let me know.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4730 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
I realize that this is an old thread (I commented on it, way back when...). Just wanted to update it, since the Andrus Pins are available again, thanks to Chazpro.
mydogripper
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta, GA
183 Posts

Profile of mydogripper
I bought at a auctuion about 100 pins that are the same as the ones that used to be sold. I am in the works of converting them to be the original linking pins.. PM if any one is intereted in purchaing
http://www.MerrittAmbrose.com
2011 Greater Atlanta Magician of the Year
xaboom
View Profile
New user
Biarritz France
65 Posts

Profile of xaboom
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4730 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Quote:
On 2008-01-12 06:06, mydogripper wrote:
I bought at a auctuion about 100 pins that are the same as the ones that used to be sold. I am in the works of converting them to be the original linking pins.. PM if any one is intereted in purchaing

Hmmm... I'm not sure how the folks at CHAZPRO will feel about that. Hopefully you're not planning on including instructions.
magiccop1
View Profile
New user
Right Here
34 Posts

Profile of magiccop1
"The Enforcer"
"I'm not a Wizard. Are you Happy ? You should be."
Obviously
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of Obviously
I believe I read in "safety pin trix" that many of the Andrus moves could only be performed with BRASS pins. It doesn't appear that the chazpro pins are made of brass. Has this been an issue for anyone?
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4730 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Not an issue.
magicstudent
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of magicstudent
I'll Be Back!
-Schwarzenegger-
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2552 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Quote:
On 2008-01-14 17:04, Obviously wrote:
I believe I read in "safety pin trix" that many of the Andrus moves could only be performed with BRASS pins. It doesn't appear that the chazpro pins are made of brass. Has this been an issue for anyone?

There is one move that is a bit diffacult to make happen every single time with the steel pins. That is the move where you make one pin jump from one and link onto a single pin. It can be done but doesn't happen correctly 100 percent of the time with the steel pins. With the brass pins it was never an issue.

Randy
Learn Michael Skinner's Impromptu Cup and Balls Routine.
http://www.skinnercups.com/
Obviously
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of Obviously
Thanks Rs1963 - I thought there had to be something to the comment on Brass pins. I noticed that Walmart is carrying brass basting pins - maybe the effect will work better with these. I'm glad it is only one or two effects that matter as I purchased Chazpro's set.
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2552 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Your welcome Obviously. The Chazpro set is very good and I'm sure Jerry Andrus would be very pleased with there craftsmanship of the pins. I have there set now and except for the one minor problem in that link mentioned they work like a dream and are every bit as good as the pins that Jerry Andrus produced.

Randy
Learn Michael Skinner's Impromptu Cup and Balls Routine.
http://www.skinnercups.com/
NicholasD
View Profile
Inner circle
1178 Posts

Profile of NicholasD
Does anyone know if the original Andrus pins are nickel plated brass, or solid nickel. I have the Andrus pins and the Chazpro pins. The original Andrus pins look and feel better than the newer pins IMO, although the routines can still be done with no problem.
Jeff Dial
View Profile
Special user
Kent, WA
532 Posts

Profile of Jeff Dial
Jerry told me a few years back that he wasn't producting the pins because he could not get brass pins. His pins were nickel plated brass.
"Think our brains must be too highly trained, Majikthise" HHGG
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Jerry Andrus' Linking Pins (0 Likes)
<<< Previous Topic Next Topic >>>
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001- 2014 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.142573 seconds, requiring 70 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

[1] [0] [3] [7] [3] [3] [4] [9] [7] [9]