The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Flip-M-Out (The Ultimate coins across in spectators hands) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I got quite a few requests for my flipper coin routine called Flip-M-out by members here on the Café. I was going to wait until my DVD was finished because it'll be in the video. But it's going to be a while before that's finished. So I took my typed instructions and turned them into an E-book.

You won't find this anywhere on my site right now. I'm releasing it only the Café.

Rather then re posting all the information about it. I'll just link to the other discussion here on the Café that has the link to the E-book.

Click here to check it out.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Looking through it right now. It looks really good and at the same time really Ballsy. Thanks it will be a lot of practice before I get comfortable with it.
jolyonjenkins
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1181 Posts

Profile of jolyonjenkins
I also need to practice it - mostly the business of opening the flipper.

I think this is such strong magic that you are going to have to end clean - particularly if, as in my case, you do it with very unfamiliar foreign coins. I think there may be the possibility to do a switch just before phase 4, while attention is on the three coins on the table.

I also wonder whether in phase 2, the unused coin should also go on the table rather than in the hand ("we don't need this one"). This would be a sort of feint for the two unused coins in phase 3.

Incidentally (although I don't have my copy with me) - I think there is maybe a mistake in your description of phase 1 where you say put the coins in your hands, when you mean the spectator's hands. Sorry if I'm wrong about this.

Not that it matters much, but there are also a few spelling mistakes which detract from the overall professionalism.
Jolyon Jenkins
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I made this video of the routine. I made some other videos of me performing it live for some people but the lighting wasn't very good. So I pulled one of them over to the light of a pool table and performed it for her again. So this girl helping me but it's seen the routine before so she's not reacting like they usually do the first time they see it.

You know I can't hear so I don't know how well the sound came out. So I captioned the video. I'll make a better video when I can. I just wanted to show the flow of the routine here. How it all ties together. I also wanted to show that it's not as "gutsy" as you might think. You are putting a gimmick in their hand but if you follow the presentation advice in the E-book and just go for it I'm sure you'll find it's not as gutsy as it may seem at first. Kind of like when you first learn to use a T-tip.

Another thing I like that this video demonstrates if the first phase. Even though this girl has already seen the trick she still giggles as she shakes the coins. There's something about making that action that's kind of humorous.

The video is here:
http://www.magicjax.com/flipmout/flipmout_1.wmv

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
magicduro
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas
529 Posts

Profile of magicduro
I saw Ron perform this routine at the WMS. Two of the phases are absolutely pure magic. Thanks Ron! My highest recommendation.

Mike
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Thanks Mike.

I'll be at the Abbotts get together in a couple of weeks. If any of you are there and would like to see me perform this routine in person please let me know.

Ron Jaxon

TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
620 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
Quote:
On 2006-07-03 00:29, paisa23 wrote:
Looking through it right now. It looks really good and at the same time really Ballsy. Thanks it will be a lot of practice before I get comfortable with it.

Paisa, you might think it is ballsy, but I have seen Ron do this routine hundreds of times, and people never ever suspect gimmick.

Ron, I have the notes you gave me a long time ago, but I still haven't had much chance to read through everything. I like Flip-M-Out almost as much as the ungimmicked 4 coins across that I do (the one Tony taught me). I look forward to seeing you at Abbott's. I have some cool ideas I want to show you (if I actually remember them while being in a drunken stupor at Curly's).
You must be smarter than the tools you are using...

Tom Kracker
My website
bloodkin
View Profile
Special user
646 Posts

Profile of bloodkin
Now that's how coins across should look! Top notch as usual, Ron.

What brand of Flipper do you use? In all my years of coin work I never used one, but I'm planning on picking one up this week.
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
620 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
I believe Ron uses a flipper from Todd Lassen because I was there when he purchased it, so I bought his old Johnson flipper from him.
You must be smarter than the tools you are using...

Tom Kracker
My website
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I just got my Lassen Morgan flipper. It is superb. The size actually makes Ron's routine easier in my opinion. It also seems like there is no way to use sleight of hand.

The gravity flipper looks so cool when you drop it on the mat. closes so fast it will fool you.

Great work Ron! Now I just need a Lassen Jumbo Morgan!! LOL [$6000]
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
eebie376
View Profile
Elite user
415 Posts

Profile of eebie376
Ron-

Just wanted to say I thoroughly enjoyed that performance video. This routine looks fantastic! I have to get a flipper coin and your instructions now! Great work,
Ian
jolyonjenkins
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1181 Posts

Profile of jolyonjenkins
In the ebook, Ron recommends not using a Lassen or Schoolcraft flipper because of the risk of damage in a spectator's hands
Jolyon Jenkins
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Quote:
On 2006-07-29 06:29, rjenkins wrote:
In the ebook, Ron recommends not using a Lassen or Schoolcraft flipper because of the risk of damage in a spectator's hands

Actually, he says dropping it on the table is risky. I just use a thick mat. The Lassen is so great because it closes so fast. Ron's routine is killer. Gets really shocked looks and gasps.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
jolyonjenkins
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
1181 Posts

Profile of jolyonjenkins
I meant, that a spectator might throw/slam the coin onto the table
Jolyon Jenkins
KB
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of KB
I would like to download this routine.
Is it available yet?

KB
bloodkin
View Profile
Special user
646 Posts

Profile of bloodkin
[quote]On 2006-07-29 07:10, Xiqual wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-07-29 06:29, rjenkins wrote:

Which one would be best?
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Hi everyone. Thanks so much for the kind words. I hope you're "flipping" people out with it.. Smile

That reminds me of why I called it Flip-M-Out. I performed the routine for a group and while one guy was reacting I read his lips and I think he said, "That flips me out!". I never heard of that expression before and I just might have misread what he said. But as it's done with a flipper coin it just seemed to fit.

Anyway, on the issue of what kind of flipepr coin to use. You can actually use any flipper coin on the market that I know of. I own a Todd Lassen and I love it. I've seen the Schoolcraft and they're fantastically made. But I mainly stick with what I think is the cheapest on the market from Sasco (About $20). AS an added bonus of it's lower price I always have a spare in my wallet in case the band breaks.

A little warning about Johnson's flipper coin. They're nice but the flap is larger. So it could give you some trouble in phase 1 of the routine if they have small hands.

When I do use my Lassen I either have it dropped on a close up pad, Use good spectator control and only allow them to drop it from a couple of inches off the tabletop, or I just don't drop it through the table. In the E-book I make some alternate suggestions for when no table is available. To be honest you probably wouldn't damage any of them when they fall on the table. I just don't like the idea that it might with such an expensive gimmick. I've never broken one in my approximately 15 years of performing this routine. The only thing I've had break is the band and that's usually my fault. An old band can break if it gets dried out so I change mine at least once a month even if it don't need it. Or if the spectator slams the coins down but I've found a lot of subtle ways to prevent that from happening.

I'm going to the Abbott's get together and I'll be recording some footage that I might use in my DVD. Maybe I'll have a better video of this routine next week.

Thanks again.

Ron Jaxon

KB
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of KB
Again I ask the question.
Is there an E-Book available?
If so please let me know were I can purchase it.

Thanks,
KB
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
It's available right now in a sort of prerelease. My first post in this discussion leads to it. When I get back from the Abbott's get together this week I'll be putting it on my site and the price will increase a little.

Here's the page where you can purchase the E-book now:
http://www.magicjax.com/flipmout

I hope you enjoy it.

Ron Jaxon

Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Just a quick note. This E-book was just released at lybrary.com for $15. I put the lower price here on the Café ($10) but I'll be removing that page this Monday. So if you've been thinking about getting it you might want to do it this week end before the reduced price ends. Save yourself 5 bucks. Smile

Sean Bogunia told me he got some good shots of me performing it at the Abbott's get together. As soon as he send the videos to me I'll post them. They'll show more of the spectators true reactions then the other video I have up now.

Those of you who have it I'd love to read how it's going for you. Also send me and Email and I'll give you the details on an alternate phase to end the routine with. This is something my friend Jason came up with and it blew me away.

It'll be in my DVD when it's finished but here's the description of the effect. I'll describe it exactly how I experienced it when my friend first did it to me.

He had me hold both of my hands out in front of me palm up. He openly placed on coin in my left hand. Then placed the remaining three in my right hand and had me close my fist around them. He then asked me to lower my right hand (containing 3 coins) and raise my left hand (still open with one coin). He then stood back a few feet from me. He asked how many where in my right hand. I replied "3". He asked how many where in my left and I said "1". He then told me to slowly turn my left hand palm down so that the coin will fall and land on the back of my right fist. I slowly turned my left hand palm down to drop the coin and nothing fell from it! The coin was gone and he even touched it once he placed it in my hand. I of cource opened my right hand to find I'm now holding all 4 coins there.

This blew me away. So when the conditions are right to perform it, it makes a great last phase because they do everything and the coin still travels. It's been a long time since I've been fooled this bad.. Smile

Ron Jaxon

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Flip-M-Out (The Ultimate coins across in spectators hands) (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL