The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Pulls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Redhead
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Redhead
I have a few question on pulls and I hope I am not breaking any rules.
Where do you pin the pull in you jacket?
How far up you jacket does the pull lie when not in use?
How long is the elestic usually?

Thank you,
Red

If I have broken any rules please PM me and delete the thread
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Being you have over 50 posts, best to ask this question in The Banquet Room, Secret Sections.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Quote:
On 2006-07-06 17:53, Redhead wrote:

Where do you pin the pull in you jacket?
How far up you jacket does the pull lie when not in use?
How long is the elestic usually?

Thank you,
Red

If I have broken any rules please PM me and delete the thread

Red,

Assuming that you are talking about a silk pull, I don't pin it to my jacket. It is in my front pants pocket before being put into use. Fully stretched, the elastic and gut together reach about 14". I'm as likely to use a 35mm film container as a commercial pull for an 18" silk.

I think I can tell you that much without exposing "How" it is done.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
leftytheclown
View Profile
Loyal user
Illinois
255 Posts

Profile of leftytheclown
Speaking of pulls; does anyone have a good description of how to make a Lamp Chimney pull or a dealer who sells one. I read the description from the AMH by Henry Hay, but my efforts to make a workable one didn't fare too well. Thanks
Lefty (aka) Sterling Dare
Author: Money Menagerie
Book and DVD
bcookmagic
View Profile
Elite user
seattle wa
472 Posts

Profile of bcookmagic
Hey there Redhead, The silk pull I used attached to my fore arm and then a ring up near the opposite arm. It was super quick. Brian
If your not having fun doing what your doing....dont do it!
WWW.BRIANCOOKMAGIC.COM
leftytheclown
View Profile
Loyal user
Illinois
255 Posts

Profile of leftytheclown
The lamp chimney pull described in the Amateur Magician's Handbook, Henry Hay says the pull is adjustable to allow you to perform other tricks until you want to use the pull. To tighten up the pull, you have to tighten up the pull to make it work. Does this make sense. It's trivia, but my clown hair is yellow, but there's way too much gray in my real hair. As I get older, I become more and more the metallic man. Silver in my hair, gold in my teeth and lead in my britches.

Posted: Jul 28, 2006 12:56pm Reply with quote Send a Private Message View Profile of leftytheclown Edit/Delete This Post Report this post to forum moderator View Posters IP (Moderators/Admins Only)
Upon reading my last post, I can see why the Café offers to let you edit it before sending it. Let me try again. The Lamp Chimney Pull has two fastening points to anchor the pull. One point keeps the pull loose and allows you to do other tricks. However, when you want to vanish a silk, you have to move the anchor point to tighten up the pull.

I'm still looking for either plans or instructions on how to make one or if a dealer sells them, that would be nice as well.
Lefty (aka) Sterling Dare
Author: Money Menagerie
Book and DVD
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Pulls (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL